Author Topic: Defend the virgin  (Read 522 times)

Offline cornwallis

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Defend the virgin
« on: August 15, 2012, 02:56:04 am »
+13
Defend the Virgin:

Make it possible to poll too change the map. Or atleast a poll to switch too a random map.

And

Make it possible to text to anyone even when you're dead, mainly because NPC's are stuck or hidden somewhere, and the players cant find them.

Thanks

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 07:22:44 pm by cornwallis »

Offline MarktpLatz

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: MarktpLatz_HRE MarktPole_HRE MarktArcher_HRE MarktShielder_HRE
Re: Defend the virgin
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 04:44:24 am »
+1
Well, i think a map poll like in siege, battle etc. won´t be implemented since people would always poll for the same map.
The switch to a random map sounds good, even though there has to be implemented a kind of a cooldown for it because otherwise, people will poll until they get the map they want.

Defend the Virgin:
Make it possible to text to anyone even when you're dead, mainly because NPC's are stuck or hidden somewhere, and the players cant find them.

I´m uncertain about this. Usually this is a feature to prevent the specs to reveal the enemy movements to your team, but in DTV, there are obviously no "secret" tactics of the attackers. Therefore, I´d agree, but on the other hand, it would lead to the situation that nobody has to stay at the virgin to prevent her from getting harmed/ informing his team about enemies attacking the virgin.
I know, the same effect can be achieved through communication via teamspeak, but this acutally enforces teamplay by itself.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 04:53:31 pm »
Usually this is a feature to prevent the specs to reveal the enemy movements to your team, but in DTV, there are obviously no "secret" tactics of the attackers.
Off topic but... the whole Dead can only talk to the dead is dumb in all the game modes.
It's a stupid feature that only works on players without a clan, anyone in a clan is on Teamspeak or Vent or w/e telling all their buddies where the last alive are at. All it really effects is the players without a clan ahaha, IMO should be allowed to see the dead text on all game modes to at least give pub players a decent counter to Clan's using TS to ghost the remaining players. (which every clan does, and it's incredibly cheap. Especially since there is supposed to be a game mechanic stopping the dead from talking to the living. But as I stated that only works on pub players.)

Anyway, /rant doubt anything will be done about it.

On topic, I agree that DTV the dead should be able to talk to the living. There's countless maps where stupid NPC's get stuck on trees at their spawn, or rocks, or sometimes they just stand there not doing a thing until you go kill them. All in spec just put on Benny Hill music and watch their team mates run around searching out the last NPCs.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 06:34:34 pm »
When I played the mod Nord Invasion, it had the option to make polls to change the map, and it was total chaos, since a lot of people were always making polls all the freaking time. I vote no for that.

Offline cornwallis

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 08:18:05 pm »
The majority will win.