Author Topic: getting crazy :l  (Read 2537 times)

Offline peter_afca7

• Count
  • Renown: 224
  • Infamy: 113
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BLABLA
  • Game nicks: BLABLABLA
Re: getting crazy :l
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2012, 05:24:17 pm »
ROBINHOOD is bullshit and he will always be

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 05:31:21 pm »
Remember that Crossbows dont get PD bonus so its completely normal that they dont do that much dmg.
Your arguments are not well thought out man...
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2012, 05:41:27 pm »
Loomed high damage CUT arrows with a MW high damage bow vs very, very light armor and low str/low level, one shot? What were you expecting?
In other news, i occasionally get 1shot by arbs at lvl30, when moving towards them in medium armor/light armor with balanced builds.
guys ofc you're right if you read just a single fucking part of the thread :) be fair and read the rest
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Plavor

• Baron
  • Renown: 83
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Yoshis are dragons, not dinos!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Plavor
  • IRC nick: Plavor
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2012, 05:43:04 pm »
+1
Pygar is mad.

Robinhood is a really good archer with mw equipment.

I understand that darmaster is really frustrated because he can't oneshot with a heavy crossbow an archer that supposed to be dead after one shot since he has no IF, very light armor and was static.

On the other side, even I often can't oneshot a peasant with white tunic + leather gloves ( lv 1 ) with a MW Arbalest + MW Steel Bolts while archers using MW Rusbow + MW Bodkins can :) (medium distance)

IMO, crossbows are fine as they are right now. They don't supposed to oneshot everything living on earth. They are not as good as archers against peasants but they are more effective against heavier armor since they have pierce damage.   

Also I think that archers are fine, but many players complaining about the damage that archers deal even though they have a really really high firerate compared to an arbalest or heavy crossbow and they are also very accurate, not pinpoint accurate as crossbows told to be but still.

Example :   Lv. 30         21/18 Infantry with Lordly Light Kuyak and Lordly Wisby Gauntlets + Lorldy Vaegir War Mask + 5 IF  -- he is static, no speedbonus -- +100% Skill for being a Warmask-Kuyak-2h-Hero

Bodyshot test:

Crossbowman with MW Arbalest + MW Steel Bolts             --------   Needs always 2 shots for this infantry although the damage of the first shot is really randomly
                 Archer with MW Rus Bow + MW Bodkin Arrows 18/21 6 PD --------  Needs 2-4 shots for this infantry although damage is also really random but the archer is a lot faster with killing than the Xbowman

Headshot test :

Same scenario again but :         Crossbowman ---- Always oneshot the Infantry
                                                   Archer            ----- Don't ask me why but its really random, sometimes he needs one somtimes two arrows :) , but mostly two.

All in all, balance seems legit.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2012, 05:43:46 pm »
What level are you?  25
What is your build? 12-22 right now
What armor do you use? turkish robe yes very low armor

robin hood had 1shot me with an arrow
NO WAY!!!!!!! For serious?

Offline darmaster

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2012, 05:45:17 pm »
Remember that Crossbows dont get PD bonus so its completely normal that they dont do that much dmg.
Your arguments are not well thought out man...

it's normal that they don't do much damage? i can read by the site that it is written 75 pierce damage.. i thought 75 PIERCE could 1 shot an archer but it doesn't look like: so my question is: xbow doesn't get PD bonus, it's slow, it doesn't 1shot an archer, it should be buffed. archer 2 shots everyone (with 40 body armor or 10 body armor), it's fast, it has many shots (35 usually), does much damage, can run away if followed because they don't have to recharge, and gets PD bonus: it should be nerfed (imo). and don't forget about the strange movement.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:48:31 pm by darmaster »

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2012, 05:50:16 pm »
it's normal that they don't do much damage? i can read by the site that it is written 75 pierce damage.. i thought 75 PIERCE could 1 shot an archer but it doesn't look like: so my question is: xbow doesn't get PD bonus, it's slow, it doesn't 1shot an archer, it should be buffed. archer 2 shots everyone (with 40 body armor or 10 body armor), it's fast, it has many shots (35 usually), does much damage and gets PD bonus: it should be nerfed. and don't forget about the strange movement

Just imagine 2 hits with a Morningstar with 0ps, then u have ur crossbow... :D
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline darmaster

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2012, 05:55:00 pm »
Just imagine 2 hits with a Morningstar with 0ps, then u have ur crossbow... :D

yes a hunting crossbow yes you're right C: oh now wait except you have to recharge and while you're doing that you have to holdstill C:ยง

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 05:57:52 pm »
Hey and welcome to cRPG noob edition plz go to our weapon depot and pick up your mw hornbow an mw bodkin arrows an proceed to go inf zombie hunting.

Have a good day sir.

Also eu4 is a barrel an your the fish
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2012, 06:05:03 pm »
+1
The obvious advantage of crossbows is that you do not need to invest any skillpoints into it but only need the required str and as much wpf as you like accuracy wise.

That makes crossbows a great weapon to melee hybrid with, even pure arbalest chars seem to work fine.

X-Bows are not supposed to be better bows, they feature way different gameplay and even at 10PD and an 160wpf a long bow with bodkins does not hit the damage of an arbalest with steel bolts while it has worse accuracy and can't hold the shot at max accuracy BUT it gets a higher rate of fire and with that better overall DPS.

If you reload your crossbow in the open without cover between you and the archer, the archer is supposed to win that which is why you usually go behind cover to reload.

Offline darmaster

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 06:22:09 pm »

X-Bows are not supposed to be better bows, they feature way different gameplay and even at 10PD and an 160wpf a long bow with bodkins does not hit the damage of an arbalest with steel bolts while it has worse accuracy and can't hold the shot at max accuracy BUT it gets a higher rate of fire and with that better overall DPS.

not sure about that
you say it doesn't do the same damage but i did a test on the duel server and i can assure you that with an archer level 30 (18 str 21 agi 6 pd 163 wpf) and NOTHING loomed i 3 shot radament. the problem is that with the same xbower and a heavy xbow i still 3 shot him; then you say that a xbower doesn't get PD bonus or wpf damage bonus that means the damage won't grow anymore, while the archer can surely do more damage. the problem are not the xbowers that seem fair to me, but the archers that do just a little too much damage (just 15% less damage needed imo) and that strange movement (i don't mean why, as a shielder, i should be scared by an archer that is 1 mt distant from me): it doesn't look like a great request.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 06:25:55 pm »
Sure why not , there is always room for one more archer nerf :rolleyes:

Offline Ad1no

• Count
  • Renown: 165
  • Infamy: 284
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Of The Codex
  • Game nicks: The_Sosarian_Knight
  • IRC nick: Sosarian
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2012, 06:27:50 pm »
+2
save crpg

nerf ranged NOW

Offline darmaster

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2012, 06:35:38 pm »
You went to archers playground aka EU4, where archers outnumber melee 3:1, and you say they are OP?

hmm wut? have you read the other things or just the first line?

Offline darmaster

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2012, 06:46:38 pm »
What's not clear?

On eu4 there are three times more ranged than eu1.

EU4 has archers who play only on that server, because there are a lot of melee guys who will chase them and die.

EU4 is not a good balance indicator.

you should say that on eu 1 there are too many people and you can't see the balance problems, cause you get  always ganked or shot by ranged or killed by horses or whatever.. so you don't look at things carefully so imo EU1 is not that good balance indicator.. on that server the single can't show up himself and you can't see if he has just skill or there's something wrong in his class or both them..