Author Topic: Europa Universalis General Thread  (Read 64653 times)

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
Re: Europa Universalis General Thread
« Reply #480 on: November 20, 2013, 12:25:40 pm »
Best way for every tiny country that has the potential to live past their first idea and isn't landlocked is attacking the native Americans.
or recruit 5k army and wait big wars on boarders wait when they spend all manpower and then jump in war against loosing side and occupy as many provinces as u only can with only 1 man army... u will be leader in sieges and will get all provinces then take as many u can and make new vassal with core on dat land, in all next wars just cede cores for him 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 04, 2013, 12:30:48 pm »
I united the HRE with Austria and look what acheivement I got

(click to show/hide)

derp

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #482 on: December 04, 2013, 01:21:58 pm »

(click to show/hide)

derp
moon speak!

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #483 on: December 05, 2013, 01:00:53 am »

(click to show/hide)

derp

That makes sense with you "uniting" the HRE, the HRE as a thing doesn't exist(no more electors, no independent small nations, etc). It's now just Austria and not HRE.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 05, 2013, 01:15:44 am »
That makes sense with you "uniting" the HRE, the HRE as a thing doesn't exist(no more electors, no independent small nations, etc). It's now just Austria and not HRE.

I'm not sure you understand (maybe you did) because it wasn't very clear in my first post : I united the HRE through HRE reforms. I actually got both the "enact all HRE reforms" and the "dismantle the HRE" acheivements at the same time. While technically the game concepts known as HRE, electors and emperor don't exist anymore when you do it, in reality the HRE would not be "dismantled" if someone united all the HRE countries.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #485 on: December 05, 2013, 02:23:55 am »
I'm not sure you understand (maybe you did) because it wasn't very clear in my first post : I united the HRE through HRE reforms. I actually got both the "enact all HRE reforms" and the "dismantle the HRE" acheivements at the same time. While technically the game concepts known as HRE, electors and emperor don't exist anymore when you do it, in reality the HRE would not be "dismantled" if someone united all the HRE countries.

No, i got that. But the HRE no longer exists as an entity once done through reforms, THUS the dismantling.

Sure it's not 100% accurate, but by definition, you did dismantle the HRE. Dismantling the HRE means the rest of it ceases to exist.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #486 on: December 15, 2013, 05:34:47 pm »
Started playing the MEIOU and Taxes mod, adds a boat load more provinces and nations. Pretty cool.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #487 on: December 15, 2013, 05:51:32 pm »
Started playing the MEIOU and Taxes mod, adds a boat load more provinces and nations. Pretty cool.
it is cool but loves to crash in MP and laggs like hell
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #488 on: December 15, 2013, 06:30:08 pm »
it is cool but loves to crash in MP and laggs like hell

My and my friend de-sync about twice in a 3-4 hour long place session which isnt bad or unbearable. As for the lag we only got very brief stutter at the end of the month, almost unnoticeable unless you REALLY pay attention.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #489 on: January 03, 2014, 03:21:25 am »
Been playing as Japan, reached year 1720 something. Was fun until Russia declared war on me and occupied my Siberian colonies. War lasted for about 20-25 years because the game was bugged or something. Russia didn't want peace because there was simply not enough to give. Offering 3300 gold, all the occupied provinces, and giving everything with a thumbs up was not enough, I mean what a can a man do, so many years of war + giving everything Russia it wants, and it cant invade my mainland? Trying to fight back in Siberia was a nogo, considering three of his ships could take down about 15 of mine and he had 100k soldiers there.

Seeing how useless my armies are in comparison to his after all the hard-work of building up Japan, I set up a colony close to a spanish one in Alaska and made it core to try and Westernize (tried earlier but couldn't find any whitelings to settle close to) so I could catch up with Russia in technology. Biggest mistake 2014. Not only did I have to go from +0 to +3 stability to just start it, it took me back to -3 stability, deleted all my admin, diplo and military points and it bloody wont start westernizing until I have +1 stability, and stability cost 320 per +1! Then I had to kill of about half Japan's population in rebellions. After a shitload of slaughtering my own people in Japan I reached the point of long boredom of rebellions and running out of manpower, I decided to say fuck this game and stopped playing as Japan.

Might try some other country or see if there's any mods to fix this shit.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 03, 2014, 08:03:46 am »
+1
ive always thought the westernization process in the game was harsh, very harsh.  Without cheating westernizing is nearly all based on luck, more often then not, it takes me around 25-100 years to westernize, and the game becomes an absolute shitfest.  Then you put a cherry on top of being attacked while you have thousands of rebels everywhere and you just quit the game and never bother again.

Im sure there are mods to make it easier, i just dont want it to be a cake walk, but on the same coin i dont want it to feel absolutely impossible.  Because nothing is better then Spain/Britain/France/Portugal, constantly crushing you over and over again stealing land until you westernize, then being years in tech behind everyone else, and the game ending 2 hours later.

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 03, 2014, 08:25:28 am »
play as western countries, problem solved
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #492 on: January 03, 2014, 02:11:20 pm »

Boring. Played as Leinster in Ireland. Had to restart about 7 times because England kept invading me each time, and I tried out new tactics each time too. Last time worked out really well, I managed to colonize parts of Canada and become strong enough to win defensive wars against England. Then I managed to take Meath and form Ireland. And then after some time England & Co. yet again declares war, and all my allies yet again for the millionth time decide to not assist me in my wars even though I assisted in every war they had and I lost the war and quit.

It feels like whenever I declare war on small countries every empire is always garantueing their independence and honoring their alliances, but when I play as small countries I have to beg, let my inbred royal kids marry other inbred kids to make more inbred kids, +200 relation, assisting them in their shitty wars, and then when it comes to me being attacked there is no help to be found.

I just can't stand playing as these big countries like England, France and Austria. Just too boring.

Offline Latvian

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 03, 2014, 03:42:06 pm »
+1
Boring. Played as Leinster in Ireland. Had to restart about 7 times because England kept invading me each time, and I tried out new tactics each time too. Last time worked out really well, I managed to colonize parts of Canada and become strong enough to win defensive wars against England. Then I managed to take Meath and form Ireland. And then after some time England & Co. yet again declares war, and all my allies yet again for the millionth time decide to not assist me in my wars even though I assisted in every war they had and I lost the war and quit.

It feels like whenever I declare war on small countries every empire is always garantueing their independence and honoring their alliances, but when I play as small countries I have to beg, let my inbred royal kids marry other inbred kids to make more inbred kids, +200 relation, assisting them in their shitty wars, and then when it comes to me being attacked there is no help to be found.

I just can't stand playing as these big countries like England, France and Austria. Just too boring.
than play something that is not complete shit like lenister, take brandenburg or pomerania, dont tell thats big country, oh and get MEIOU you scrub.

Offline Andswaru

• Duke
  • Renown: 554
  • Infamy: 130
  • SeaRaider_
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen of Fenada / SeaRaiders
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Andswaru
« Reply #494 on: January 07, 2014, 09:10:28 am »

OR save a shitton of cash as another nation and westerniseation becomes a breeze. Its only  a problem if you cant afford your armies. Hire the right advisor and it is relativly easy.

Omen world leader 2013. Japan VP.
Hindustan for world leader 2014. Elephant people(those near vietnam cant remember the name) VP!
Smooth is the admin NA deserves. Not being that much better, EU deserves Thomek.
[18:25] <@chadz> soon(tm)