Author Topic: Europa Universalis General Thread  (Read 64574 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis General Thread
« Reply #150 on: March 01, 2013, 11:55:16 pm »
+1
I decided to continue my HRE game a little, had some fun but this is as far as I am going to get. Waiting for infamy to go down is getting tedious.

Wololo

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 02, 2013, 12:31:31 pm »
Denmark pushing Sweden to get away from you.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 02, 2013, 01:55:44 pm »
Denmark pushing Sweden to get away from you.
I am still confused about what happened there, because I left Denmark with 4 provinces and Norway had like 1, while Sweden held the rest of Scandinavia. Somehow they beat Sweden together and took quite some territory.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #153 on: March 02, 2013, 01:57:33 pm »
That map.

"Byzantine Mamluks" makes me lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #154 on: March 02, 2013, 09:28:54 pm »
Whats most impressive about the whole map is the fact the Golden Horde have not blown up yet in Vanilla.

Offline Abay

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 183
  • cRPG Player
  • Steam: badbreaking
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kapikulu
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Abay
« Reply #155 on: March 02, 2013, 09:30:09 pm »
Whats most impressive about the whole map is the fact the Golden Horde have not blown up yet in Vanilla.
And great britain doesnt exist yet  :o
[17:48] <Vovka> thx chadz

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #156 on: March 03, 2013, 12:50:30 am »
Gotten to the point in my Tuscany playthrough were I can (and have) defeated every other major power in war completely at least once, quite easily too... finally figured out a solution to games always becoming boring after you can kill anything though, from now on I'm gonna change to a max two province nation every 100 years and see how far I can take it before switching.
(click to show/hide)
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #157 on: March 03, 2013, 03:25:31 am »
+3
Gotten to the point in my Tuscany playthrough were I can (and have) defeated every other major power in war completely at least once, quite easily too... finally figured out a solution to games always becoming boring after you can kill anything though, from now on I'm gonna change to a max two province nation every 100 years and see how far I can take it before switching.
(click to show/hide)

#occupysweden

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #158 on: March 03, 2013, 03:46:50 am »
#occupysweden
Sweden was actually a major superpower just a bit earlier, I've got no fucking idea how they suddenly blew up. (blame Finland)
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #159 on: March 03, 2013, 07:12:17 am »
HOW DARE YOU?
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline bagge

• King
  • Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #160 on: March 03, 2013, 07:13:46 am »
I am still confused about what happened there, because I left Denmark with 4 provinces and Norway had like 1, while Sweden held the rest of Scandinavia. Somehow they beat Sweden together and took quite some territory.

It's some kind of glitch in the game. That's why
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2013, 08:44:20 pm »
Takes a year to siege a castle with 20,000 troops, enemy lays siege to your castle, and wins within a month with 1,000 troops. This game is really frustrating sometimes...

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2013, 10:49:06 pm »
Takes a year to siege a castle with 20,000 troops, enemy lays siege to your castle, and wins within a month with 1,000 troops. This game is really frustrating sometimes...

After playing DW a while, I begin to prefer pushing the slider towards defense rather than offense. I almost always bait the AI stacks to attack me in high def bonus provinces rather than attacking them myself or to just wander around in my territory trying to take land, which takes years when you have high fort defense. Also if you have 20k troops, just storm the castle, except if there's danger in a neighboring province or if the castle is like level 4.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2013, 11:47:57 pm »
I begin to prefer pushing the slider towards defense rather than offense.

I might give this a try actually, since I tend to be on the defence constantly when playing with England...

Also if you have 20k troops, just storm the castle.

I tend to wait for the walls to fall before I try and storm the castle, and even then, morale drops so fast that you usually end up waiting anyway. I've played this game on and off for years and I still haven't quite grasped it yet. I was doing really well on my last play through though, but as always, the game just turns round and gives me the middle finger.

I was about to form Great Britain, waiting on my stability to go from 2 to 3, then the middle finger came. My entire country decides to rebel against my current government. Suddenly, all the major countries in the vicinity declare war, even countries I haven't even heard of, who have no chance of even reaching the continent of Europe. All this with an infamy rating of less then 20, good legitimacy, and high prestige. What I really need help with, is the government system and rebellions. In all of my provinces, I had a high national revolt risk, yet all of the rebels were heretics. What am I meant to do in such a situation?

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 07, 2013, 12:03:27 am »
Usually, massive revolts come from events. Just kill the rebels until they calm down. Check your war weariness (use war taxes carefully !).

What year is it ? Did you improve your unit types, keep your army at max size and max funding ?