Author Topic: Europa Universalis General Thread  (Read 64603 times)

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
Re: Europa Universalis General Thread
« Reply #585 on: October 23, 2014, 01:00:17 pm »
Damnit im crashing im my Khmer empire game. 1st time i had any problems with VeF. And i just beat china and fed my vassal Zhou too  :cry:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #586 on: October 23, 2014, 06:01:30 pm »
+1
less talking more screenshots
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • Renown: 636
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: October 23, 2014, 07:32:10 pm »
+1
less talking more screenshots

k

achievement complete, no trail of tears.
(click to show/hide)

After my last post, i was brought into a war with england by scotland, i went through a civil war, triumphed, then declared war on England and took the necessary land for the achievement.  Next up will probably be Byz, or Tunisia, not sure yet.

as soon as i defeated the 30k english troops they landed on the shore, i felt like France, i dont think there is any way i can be defeated now lol, as long as i stop them from landing more then 50k troops ill just zerg em at every point.  Ive also just about caught up in tech, im only 2 techs behind them, and then i can finally start putting points into my ideas, which are just sitting there empty.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 07:38:02 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #588 on: October 23, 2014, 07:44:43 pm »
How long did you have to wait to finally start taking the "colonies" around you? I'm trying that out myself and my god the slow buildup of points is killing me. Plus I'm kind of locked into an alliance that might not back me up when I try to kill off Creek. I'm only about 50 years in though. I have yet to get to admin lvl 2 but I am lvl 3 military and lvl 2 diplomacy.

It seems like such a bore so far.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: October 23, 2014, 08:01:12 pm »
+1
How long did you have to wait to finally start taking the "colonies" around you? I'm trying that out myself and my god the slow buildup of points is killing me. Plus I'm kind of locked into an alliance that might not back me up when I try to kill off Creek. I'm only about 50 years in though. I have yet to get to admin lvl 2 but I am lvl 3 military and lvl 2 diplomacy.

It seems like such a bore so far.

if you play with the dlc, there is an Indian tech tree as well as indian buildings.  These all with the federation mechanics help expansion tremendously.  Once you reach 200 tech points, you can immediately get a colonist, unlike before where you needed like 3k points to get to tech 4 in admin alone.  I actually like the new mechanics in place, and honestly didnt even know they were there.  After that and the reformation of my govt. i took exploration ideas, and then expansion as my next upgrades, with 3 colonies going it only costs you 6g per month, easily attainable, so i expanded to take the coast as best as i could, and then tried to cockblock the spanish colonies. 

You should be able to do a good job of colonizing with the native tech up until you get the points for exploration and expansion.  By the time you do get these ideas, you should have for the most part, taken the entirety of the coast. 

(click to show/hide)

Also as youll notice in the photo, you can migrate if you are a OPM native country, which is just fucking awesome, its so cool to move about the map like that.  Though the minute you take a second province, youo are stuck wherever you are.  They will be adding similar mechanics like this in the new dlc where a fwe asian countries will be able to move the entirety of their country in the northern russian land areas, which they have drastically expanded.  I really cant wait for the new dlc.

So to answer your question for TL;DR, like 10 years max.  i was using the exploration ideas by like 1510 or so.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 08:07:57 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #590 on: October 23, 2014, 08:44:21 pm »
if you play with the dlc, there is an Indian tech tree as well as indian buildings.  These all with the federation mechanics help expansion tremendously.  Once you reach 200 tech points, you can immediately get a colonist, unlike before where you needed like 3k points to get to tech 4 in admin alone.  I actually like the new mechanics in place, and honestly didnt even know they were there.  After that and the reformation of my govt. i took exploration ideas, and then expansion as my next upgrades, with 3 colonies going it only costs you 6g per month, easily attainable, so i expanded to take the coast as best as i could, and then tried to cockblock the spanish colonies. 

You should be able to do a good job of colonizing with the native tech up until you get the points for exploration and expansion.  By the time you do get these ideas, you should have for the most part, taken the entirety of the coast. 

(click to show/hide)

Also as youll notice in the photo, you can migrate if you are a OPM native country, which is just fucking awesome, its so cool to move about the map like that.  Though the minute you take a second province, youo are stuck wherever you are.  They will be adding similar mechanics like this in the new dlc where a fwe asian countries will be able to move the entirety of their country in the northern russian land areas, which they have drastically expanded.  I really cant wait for the new dlc.

So to answer your question for TL;DR, like 10 years max.  i was using the exploration ideas by like 1510 or so.

That feel when you don't have the dlc.

Well then. It sounds pretty awesome and no wonder. I was really wondering why the hell I had to wait until lvl 4 admin tech to be able to colonize territory that was right fucking next to me.

That dlc makes a lot more sense.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: October 23, 2014, 11:39:13 pm »
By the way what is up with this horrendous font on your screenshots?

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: October 24, 2014, 01:01:21 am »
By the way what is up with this horrendous font on your screenshots?

Mine?  Which font are you speaking of?  The menu fonts or the Country font?

i use two mods, though i might switch it up soon.  These dont affect the check sum for ironman.  I like the over saturated map look of the new victoria game, so im going to see if i can find something like that.

MODS:

this makes the UI of the game larger, the text easier to read and larger, and adds colors to some of the bonus numbers.
Better UI 2.0

This thickens the borders of countries so  you can see them from a glance much easier.  It also adds a different scheme to the map, i liked the way it looked over the vanilla look since it was so bold and contrasting.

Thick Borders and recolored water v1.2

« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 01:05:18 am by AntiBlitz »

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: October 29, 2014, 10:47:36 pm »
+2
Poland can into space!!!!!

I was still eastern, never westernized, and led the world constantly in technology.  Honestly was one of the easiest games i played after Lithuania was annexed and i formed the Commonwealth.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I still have time left, and with it i most certainly could shave off the top of the Oirat Horde, and take Hungary's remaining cores from Austria as well as finally Annex Byzantium, whom have remained my vassal for like 200 years.  I was more concerned about the achievement however, and i was able to get all of the Polish achievements, so im happy.

The newest DLC comes out tomorrow the 30th, and im pretty excited for it, it also comes with a shitload of new achievements, some of which dont look very possible.  Nonetheless im sure ill end up putting another couple hundred hours into this game with the new dlc.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 10:52:28 pm by AntiBlitz »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #594 on: October 29, 2014, 10:54:43 pm »
+3
Poland can into space!!!!!

(click to show/hide)

Well played, kurwa.

Made polan proud, got clay.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
« Reply #595 on: October 30, 2014, 09:55:29 am »
Me and a friend playing vanilla MP, me as Ming and friend as Korea. We didn't westernize. (The high unstability and shit is because we rushed the last year and annexed as much as possible before the game ends)

(click to show/hide)

Check the army size

(click to show/hide)

Allahu akbar and so forth.

Offline AntiBlitz

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • American Scum
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: October 30, 2014, 05:37:18 pm »
ITS HERE ITS HERE ITS HERE!!!!!! FUCK IT BROKE ALL MY MODS, BUT ITS HERE!!!!!

Offline Umbra

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: October 30, 2014, 06:13:12 pm »
Omg you are right, its updating. ITS HAPPENING

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: October 30, 2014, 06:16:28 pm »
It the extension any good? TELL ME

Offline Umbra

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: October 30, 2014, 06:17:14 pm »
It is Old gods CK2 tier. Must have. Theodoro here i come, glorious Goth master race