Author Topic: Continuous crashing and freezes when using Final_Boss/Warham packs  (Read 467 times)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Hey guys. I've used the Final_Boss pack for a while without error, and recently installed all of the mods that Warham compiled in his nifty little launcher. All of them worked just fine for a period of about 2-3 days. I shut my PC off (I only do this once every few days, and I had not shut it off since I got all of the mods Warham compiled) and when I turned it on to play cRPG in the morning; I was greeted with a crash upon attempting to join a server. I tried a few more times, and I would end up crashing either upon getting to the server browser, or immediately upon entering any server.

I attempted to narrow down the problem, and it seems that if I ONLY have Final_Boss's pack running (the heirloom pack), I am able to play, but once every ~30 seconds or so, I will completely freeze for 2-10 seconds. Eventually, I end up crashing. If I do not have either the heirloom pack nor heraldic horses etc installed, I can play the mod seemingly fine. Here is the error I am greeted with upon crashing:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   mb_warband_old.exe
  Application Version:   1.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:   4e1b0b6f
  Fault Module Name:   kernel32.dll
  Fault Module Version:   6.0.6001.18215
  Fault Module Timestamp:   49953395
  Exception Code:   e06d7363
  Exception Offset:   000442eb
  OS Version:   6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   51d0
  Additional Information 2:   c86dc44247451e46d352dece0ffb069b
  Additional Information 3:   5350
  Additional Information 4:   420efc40dd027bcf455bcf31195bd8e2

Anybody have any ideas?

Edit: I found out that if I turn every single graphic option to minimum, still with DX9, I can run everything fine. My pc is not terrible, and my framerate was very good before I started crashing. Da fuck?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 03:55:51 pm by Sandersson Jankins »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Continuous crashing and freezes when using Final_Boss/Warham packs
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 03:55:16 pm »
might be video memory related

either turn on 'load textures on demand' (which sucks)
or
try lowering your texture quality by 10 at a time

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Re: Continuous crashing and freezes when using Final_Boss/Warham packs
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 04:40:49 pm »
It's just rather odd that I ran all high errything before today, and now I'm having issues. I've got an older Phenom quad-core at 2ghz per core, Radeon 4850 with a gig of VRAM and a decent Asus motherboard. It's not like I have a system that's kick-ass or anything, but it gets the job done. Maybe my hardware is finally starting to just die. I've had this system for more than a few years and put it through its fair share of use and abuse.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?