Author Topic: secondary char for strat?  (Read 644 times)

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
secondary char for strat?
« on: August 07, 2012, 08:31:42 pm »
+2
will it be possible to have a second char for the next strat? Main + Secondary. obviously there will need to be some rules. IE not stf cannot be changed unless deleted and started from scratch etc.

I know it will give some clans massivly more power but it would be nice to have a bandit char running around with nothing to do with templars :P Maybe not allowed in the same ladder but then that presents all kinds of problems :) now im just rambling with hope that someone can think of a way to make it non abusable
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: secondary char for strat?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 09:20:23 pm »
How would it matter if someone have one or two characters anyway as EVERYONE can have two ? It wouldn't change the clan vs clan balance in the slightest as everyone would have two (if he or she can spare such amount of time playing).

Limiting faction wouldn't work anyway as people would just create vassal faction that help main faction, so allow both characters to join where they want.

How to limit STF ? Easy, just make it that deleted character is deleted from strategus and new one spawn in random place and have to move toward you clan territory (or introduce some kind of leveling in strategus that make people think before deleting char). Or make that new characters have some starting disease (10% spoting distance and 10% movement speed in first 24h).

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 09:33:31 pm »
well i wouldnt make a secondary char to use in my clan that would be silly :P thats why im thinking about how to limit it a little
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 09:57:50 pm »
well i wouldnt make a secondary char to use in my clan that would be silly :P thats why im thinking about how to limit it a little

Why not leave it to the people, you want to aid some minor faction, fine. Some people would like to aid their factions. I might aid HRE for example.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 11:57:02 pm »
It would indeed be fun if you could switch between two characters just to get some variation in strat battles.

The easiest solution to this is not to have a secondary, but the possibility to change your main.
Let it cost 50.000 to change it with a cooldown of 7 days or something. No STF allowed ofc.

The characters will just switch places on the strat map, keeping whatever items, gold, troops etc you have.
That is, all strat data will be shared by all characters for each crpg account.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 11:52:39 am »
Does this suggestion include, moving on the Strategus map and crafting or only Strategus battles? If it was only Strategus Battles I really would be up for it.

Problem is, most people would take two builds:

a) a melee build, 2h/pole or shield
b) an Archer

We would end up with a certain choice of classes depending on the map. If it is useful to go with many archers in a battle, that will be possible then. I would be up for it for the sake of some variation as said before.

I don't know if this would work in a good way though. Often I feel that only my main character is worth to play due to Strategus, that is why I even now change my build to whatever I like in a moment even on gen 16. :D
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 12:56:07 pm »
+2
Even more ghost chars for Druzhina/Greys?

Hell no.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 05:47:55 pm »

Hell no.

This.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2012, 05:57:06 pm »
If you read my post you would realize this would be possible without causing any harm by people exploiting it by choosing class by map/situation.
Just have a cooldown by switching character and it's solved. You can add a cost as well but it isn't necessary.
You could also subtract experience from a character as a penelty for not sticking to one character, like -10% experience.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2012, 06:02:48 pm »
+1
Still dun see a reason why we need this.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2012, 07:35:49 pm »
+2
I'd say yeah, if this is only for Strategus battles, with any payment going towards our main character who is actually on the Strategus map, along with performance/reliability stats still being tied to that same character, then I see no reason why not to have this. I for one would appreciate the chance to use my archer alt in some battles without having to respec or retire my main.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2012, 07:47:54 pm »
As Cleveland would say...

NO no no no noooo!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 08:27:27 pm »

Hell no.

Not really, rather less ghost chars for us and drz. If you don't know why, think a little bit or ask me. So yeah, you fail hard.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2012, 09:57:49 am »
+1
I'd say yeah, if this is only for Strategus battles, with any payment going towards our main character who is actually on the Strategus map, along with performance/reliability stats still being tied to that same character, then I see no reason why not to have this. I for one would appreciate the chance to use my archer alt in some battles without having to respec or retire my main.

^

But not a seperate toon. Would open a can of worms so large even Greysploitatio would look insignificant.

Staight off the bat active players could support 2 full time goods crafters, so large active clans like Hospitaller would have a HUGE advantage over everyone else, one I think you could easily call game breaking and unfair.

You turn a fief into a goods production house stick 20 toons in it, half in the clan, half out double you crafting % chance and shit out tons and tons of goods creating a shitnami of cash that would just drown everyone in the udershit... The horror, the horror. Wait... Yeah go ahead, 2 thumbs up.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2012, 10:29:31 am »
I can't support 2 strat characters atm. I hardly can support one. It wouldn't make big clans any stronger than they are, as they would have equal chances as currently (assuming percentage of very active players) or even less power than currently (as some players would play secondary character outside clan).