Author Topic: Yo Hospitallers!  (Read 20557 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Yo Hospitallers!
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2012, 06:06:49 am »
Canary you should tone down the amount of words you are posting, I dont think Devestater or Farrix can handle that much reading.  :twisted:

I can't read it either. To many words. Fuk. Are you sure Canary's not a Jester clone? Like really? I swear, he's GOT to be a jester clone.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:14:37 am by Lt_Anders »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2012, 06:12:05 am »
I can't read it either. To many words. Fuk. Are you sure you're not a Jester clone? Like really? I swear, he's GOT to be a jester clone.
NO! I'm too nice of a person on TS and in-game to be Jesterer. I posted that because Devestater and Farrix either respond to only one little thing someone post, or some random crap. 

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2012, 06:14:18 am »
In refrence to Canary. You don't post long things :lol: :lol:

Offline Hobb

• Earl
  • Renown: 489
  • Infamy: 96
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2012, 06:15:06 am »
you know what meow? You can go get sat on by a fat chick for all I care.

Battle is laggy and there is insta stab on the weapons now. Na gets all the updates like 3 months late and for the love of god classes are about to start again.

This thread is all we got meow, and if you take that away from us then your a bad bad little man.

I would just like to say crpg an strat would not be the same without hospitallers Hospiterglers, and you guys are just all right. Maybe next strat we can care bear it up like drz.

But until then come attack our casltes, I didnt intend my RP story to be 3 days long :p

Offline Blackzilla

• Earl
  • Renown: 451
  • Infamy: 108
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FIDLGB(strat/crpg),Dracul(Friends)
  • Game nicks: Blackzilla_FIDLGB, Helios The Shiny
  • IRC nick: Blackzilla
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2012, 06:15:27 am »
+1
In refrence to Canary. You don't post long things :lol: :lol:
I know, I cannot make forum post like him!  :lol: I do love to read them.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2012, 06:44:39 am »
Looks like LLJK wins another round of Strategus!

"The only winning move... is not to play."
-Deep Blue

LLJK - The best there is, the best there was , and the best that there ever will be

Offline Farrix

• Baron
  • Renown: 122
  • Infamy: 77
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 14, 2012, 06:52:22 am »
No. Most people are complaining about your conceit in that supposed success; about how anytime one of your flaws gets pointed out you're quick to back it up with rhetoric based on your large membership and how you own more territory because of it. Well, duh.

Not sure anybody's actually calling for nerfs. People just get upset when the goal of certain clans is not to have a fun time playing the game, and in the process ruin it for the rest of us.

So Chaos lost all its territory because we didn't want to kowtow to the "carebear alliance"(ironically a term you used against us when we had the Green Machine going) that entailed 100% of the NA territories never fighting each other ever again. I'm not sorry that we prefer fighting on NA ping to being allied with everyone here. I'm not sorry that we lost our fiefs, because we actually got the opportunity to fight in the process, which was worth more than any losses it resulted in.

edit: Forgot to mention, I'm also extremely not sorry that we signed 10 players up to defend a neutral fief which was enough to get you to start a war that has, so far, lost you more resources than the entire defense of said fief had done.

Yes, we do. Your membership has been nothing but wretched and angry about having any opposition to whatever cause you try to force onto people. You've been vitriolic and mean-spirited to the point where you've dismissed or misunderstood everything we've said or done.

You've recruited more people than we have and made more allies. If you want me to agree that having the majority of players allied against a minority that's already been set back by various circumstances is the definition of success, well, okay, you won. Don't act like you earned it on equal terms, though. Throughout all the wars we've fought, you really did not outplay us.

Aristotle also said "Dignity does not consist in possessing honors, but in deserving them."

So get off your high horse.

Thank you for a thought out and well written reply.

First off: The conceit you speak of does not come in the form of threads touting ourselves. It comes in the form of responses that our members post in reply to multiple threads that consistently talk shit about our clan. Much of the community constantly talks shit about us, how can you seriously expect us not to throw our victories back in your faces?

Secondly: You say that we have a goal to not have fun. Comon man, that's ridiculous. I don't believe that we should be ashamed either that one of our goals is to win the game. Everyone wants to be winners. We shouldn't be lambasted for pursuing victory. "Calling for nerfs"- that was an appropriate metaphor. also, please, don't say something like "certain clans." Just say hospitallers, everyone knows who you're talking about. Don't skirt around your accusations, just lay them out for everyone to see plainly.

Thirdly: I completely agree with you, as I'm sure most of the community does, that noone wants to fight on bad ping. I've personally, as well as much of my clan I'm sure, enjoyed this war thoroughly. I've been one of the biggest proponents of splitting the map. Not only to just an EU/NA ping line, but rather for an entire separation of the two server communities.

Fourth: Mean spirited huh? I found this part of your post a bit humorous from the irony/hypocrisy from it. You claim that we are possessing of these features to the point that we misunderstand or dismiss whatever it is you are saying/doing. In the process of making this claim you simultaneously commit the same transgressions by ignoring the general point of my post which I'll describe more simply for you here:

Fifth: We've won, you've lost. Equal terms = a tie. All I was trying to do was offer our opposition some advice. Maybe your strategies could be improved and you may have more success accordingly.

The thing I really like about the hospitallers and our leaders is that opinions of all of our members are listened to and fully considered. Everything does not come down to the authority of a single member. We all have a voice and we all have the ability to improve the strength of that voice within the clan. Our whole clan frequently speaks about the events in strategus. Maybe spreading your authority to a larger base could have prevented your clan from splitting (I do not know the details of your internal affairs). Another quote for the thread: Ike once said " In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable." We as an entire clan have done a lot of planning.

Another thing, about sounding pissy or mean spirited: I don't like being on the defense and it seems on this forum that our clan is constantly being attacked. To a neutral observer, if I have sounded dickish, that is the best justification I can surmise.

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2012, 06:57:21 am »
(click to show/hide)

I'm just entertaining myself.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 07:00:41 am by HardRice »

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2012, 07:12:25 am »
Farrix you are arrogant enough that I feel compelled to strive towards your destruction, lest this great continent see the rise of a second Vovka, and you are so well spoken I want nothing more than to be your friend.  Please tell me your steam name so we can be friends whilst we spill blood between one another.

Offline Syls

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 15
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
  • Game nicks: Syls
« Reply #189 on: August 14, 2012, 07:23:24 am »
Get out our awesome thread your dirty squatters, we want no parts in those well spoken rhetoric! This thread is about the glorious come hitter picture of the tattooed arm of our leader telling hospitaller we're ready for them! The only acceptable posts permitted in this thread are the worship of the picture!

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #190 on: August 14, 2012, 07:24:17 am »
+1

E:I'd just like to point out the bolded, Devastater singlehandedly declared a full on war on your "allies".   [/spoiler]

Not to mention the 10 pages in the shik thread about how hospitaller had no treaties with remnant and then all ended by one post by arow.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #191 on: August 14, 2012, 07:45:35 am »
+1
if I get FCC into the UIF before 3.0 ends, does that mean FCC will have been more successful than hospitallers? thats how we decide winners for strat right? if you and your friends hold the most lands you win? right?

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #192 on: August 14, 2012, 07:59:16 am »
+1
I tried winning by building a twinkie fortress.

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 14, 2012, 08:04:20 am »
I tried winning by building a twinkie fortress.
what's in your sig? is like Russian army band in the desert or something?

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #194 on: August 14, 2012, 08:14:03 am »
+2
Thank you for a thought out and well written reply.

You are welcome.

First off: The conceit you speak of does not come in the form of threads touting ourselves. It comes in the form of responses that our members post in reply to multiple threads that consistently talk shit about our clan. Much of the community constantly talks shit about us, how can you seriously expect us not to throw our victories back in your faces?

Yes it does, because this didn't start with the recent war:
http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-general-discussion/we-hit-em-up-(gren-side-dis)rap-song-(with-new-songs-from-boom-and-smooth)/
http://forum.meleegaming.com/strategus-general-discussion/yo's-where-green-machine/
http://forum.meleegaming.com/diplomacy/weed-whacking-for-jesus/

This last one may be a legitimate declaration of war, but the tactless way it was ornamented with MSPaint hodge-podge was just the kind of touting you're talking about.

Secondly: You say that we have a goal to not have fun. Comon man, that's ridiculous. I don't believe that we should be ashamed either that one of our goals is to win the game. Everyone wants to be winners. We shouldn't be lambasted for pursuing victory. "Calling for nerfs"- that was an appropriate metaphor. also, please, don't say something like "certain clans." Just say hospitallers, everyone knows who you're talking about. Don't skirt around your accusations, just lay them out for everyone to see plainly.

I won't "just say Hospitallers" because that's not what I meant. I'm not being dodgy, I'm being broad. Let me explain: It was an impressive feat that the Templars (well, one Templar) managed to unite the entirety of the NA side of the map. A united NA is a boring NA, however, and all in the name of fighting some nebulous foe that won't come retaliating because of artificial barriers. While fun for the Templars, maybe, they created a situation where the entire continent of North America doesn't get a suitable platform to fight upon. There's also the EU-side itself to look at.

As for Hospitallers and pursuing victory: At what point does the cost of fun have any effect on your drive for a win? I mean, I guess it's obvious that you guys are just trying to follow along with the supposed "UIF's" model of business. And remember how you went to war with us because we actually fought NA vs NA for a neutral fief? It's not fun when one guy simply gets resources for free.

Fourth: Mean spirited huh? I found this part of your post a bit humorous from the irony/hypocrisy from it. You claim that we are possessing of these features to the point that we misunderstand or dismiss whatever it is you are saying/doing. In the process of making this claim you simultaneously commit the same transgressions by ignoring the general point of my post which I'll describe more simply for you here:

Fifth: We've won, you've lost. Equal terms = a tie. All I was trying to do was offer our opposition some advice. Maybe your strategies could be improved and you may have more success accordingly.

We did everything we wanted to. We're all winners as far as I'm concerned. More on this in a moment.

Equal terms would give the edge to whoever's better at the game. I, for one, don't really consider getting anyone who will to join my faction a particularly savory strategy.

The thing I really like about the hospitallers and our leaders is that opinions of all of our members are listened to and fully considered. Everything does not come down to the authority of a single member. We all have a voice and we all have the ability to improve the strength of that voice within the clan. Our whole clan frequently speaks about the events in strategus. Maybe spreading your authority to a larger base could have prevented your clan from splitting (I do not know the details of your internal affairs).

Except when he gets mad and declares war before the rest of the leaders have a chance to come in and talk about it, at which point he still won't shut up and even has to be prompted to stop interrupting by those other leaders.

As for our clan situation, you oughta know: you can't stop the drama.

Another thing, about sounding pissy or mean spirited: I don't like being on the defense and it seems on this forum that our clan is constantly being attacked. To a neutral observer, if I have sounded dickish, that is the best justification I can surmise.

Maybe you should stop saying that you've won when it's not appropriate. (Druzhina, Druzhina, Druzhina).

The thing about strat is that it's ongoing. Had there not been a wipe announcement, or if this strat were to continue for months from now, what would you have accomplished with the war against us? Removed our territories from the map, yes. But you know what? It all started because we signed some guys up against you, and helped keep you from getting something you wanted. You lost troops due to us signing up against you, then you went to war with us, ensuring that you'd get us signing up against you for as long as the aggression lasts, and lost more troops than we caused you to lose in that incident trying to wipe us out. Well, maybe you won your war, but all our goals were achieved, so that's a victory for us.

P.S. Sorry Trebor, keep on twirlin'.