Author Topic: Question about Heirloom pt's  (Read 3119 times)

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
Re: Question about Heirloom pt's
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 10:37:24 am »
+3
Then I dont think the mod is funny when other players run around with like.. 1000k money and others only 100k like me, who used 3 weeks on that.
Needs to be rewamped or something..

And just to point out, it says on the right side under my name that I'm a beggar.... Could you spare a change? :(

Well, here's the thing. You've taken 3 weeks to get 100k. I don't really pay attention to how fast I make money or anything, but let's say that you're making money at a fairly average pace for the sake of discussion. I'm a relatively new player to the mod in comparision to the entire community, so I don't know how long the mod has been available for play, but the first post in the announcements section was Jan. of 2011. Many of the players that you are referring to have not only played this game for that long, but played it as either a main game or even as their only game.

The only "solutions" to the "problem" that you speak of are as follows. Make heirlooms more available and easier to get. That would result in these players that you are referring to having, without a doubt, a fully heirloomed full kit. All +3 errythang. I don't think you want that.
Or you could implement a cap on how much money you could have at one time, and give money made after that point to all active new players. I don't think I can even explain why this one is bad.
Or you could take out all heirlooms completely. That'd be quite silly also; heirlooms add another level of progression, and modern games tend to have progression systems for a reason. People play games more when they are in place.

So, to sum it up, I will say this. People have more shit than you and are more skilled at the game than you because they have played the game for a LONG ASS TIME. I don't think people can quite understand this when they first come into the mod; I didn't. Every day that I have played I have seen some of the same people in the servers. EVERY DAY that I play. Some of these people play for a literal 4-6 hours average EACH DAY. Most people don't have the time or desire to play that much. If the fact that the people that play that much are going to have an advantage over you both in gear and skill; the mod isn't for you. However, I think that you can become okay with that. Most of us have. In fact, it may (probably?) make you want to play more.

Good luck in the future, bro. I'm sure you'll be singing a different tune in a month or two.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline ANleas

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 04:03:11 pm »
+1
So, to sum it up, I will say this. People have more shit than you and are more skilled at the game than you because they have played the game for a LONG ASS TIME.

I've plaid the singleplayer Mount & Blade just almost before it was released. And I was close to get into the beta of Warband, but some had to be unlucky you know. I also plaid the old cRPG, but I didn't like the way you had to get money as a peasant, since you only gained money per kills, so I stopped awhile after. Then I went back to cRPG when it was made like it is now, about a year ago. I made a skip the fun character because I didn't wanted to be a peasant and die the whole time. Then some moments after I took a long break from Mount and Blade Warband, untill I came back here now and was like bad as hell because I didn't plaid it. I just didn't know how the players made that much money for 400k per heirloom, and was why I asked here. But now I'm actually lvling a regular char.

So actually, if I didnt took a break from MB Warband then I could actually have been a guy in the full plate set right now o.O
Though I just never made a forum user.

Just sayin' this because I aint exactly a "new player."
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 04:08:07 pm by ANleas »

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 04:30:34 pm »
+4
It's not so much when you started but how consistent you were when you did start. I started playing when the mod first came out, and I played for about a month. I took a break until February 2011 and have been playing consistently since then. There are people who are twice my gen, and I'm gen 16. I have almost a full set of +3 equipment. But it's not because I just magically acquired this stuff from nowhere. I've clocked over 1200+ hours into cRPG alone.

But there is one other matter which is way more important than any of this. There are players who are gen 2 who can wipe the floor of me, because they are simply better players. And there are players who are gen 25 who I can wipe the floor of. Your heirlooms, while they may be helpful, really aren't that big of a deal. The better player will win in almost every situation.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2012, 04:48:18 pm »
The better player will win in almost every situation.

This: I change my mind about what I want to main gen by gen, and I respec a lot. I have been playing since we were ALL peasants, and the first guy to get a coat of plates was a golden god of the battlefield, nigh on unkillable.

I have mates who are gen 40 I believe. They have full loomed everything, and then ome more +3's they just have for fun. If you really cannot wait for the slighty better gear, join on of the big clans. Most are welcoming, and have few rules besides "Dont be a dick, dont gank clanmates when they are lastman, dont wear gear that doesnt fit our clan's RP". Once in a big clan, they can lend you items from the clan's armoury, where most clanned players dump all the heirloomed gear they are not using atm. It's a great way to get some nice gear instantly, and they will not be afraid of lending from armoury since they can reclaim at any time.
I don't know enough

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ANleas

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2012, 04:53:52 pm »

This: I change my mind about what I want to main gen by gen, and I respec a lot. I have been playing since we were ALL peasants, and the first guy to get a coat of plates was a golden god of the battlefield, nigh on unkillable.

I have mates who are gen 40 I believe. They have full loomed everything, and then ome more +3's they just have for fun. If you really cannot wait for the slighty better gear, join on of the big clans. Most are welcoming, and have few rules besides "Dont be a dick, dont gank clanmates when they are lastman, dont wear gear that doesnt fit our clan's RP". Once in a big clan, they can lend you items from the clan's armoury, where most clanned players dump all the heirloomed gear they are not using atm. It's a great way to get some nice gear instantly, and they will not be afraid of lending from armoury since they can reclaim at any time.

Who is recruiting?

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • Renown: 922
  • Infamy: 361
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Britfag
  • Game nicks: Strudog
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2012, 05:02:14 pm »
Who is recruiting?

EVERYONE
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Little girls are FBI agents.
Those are the rules no?

Offline ANleas

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2012, 05:04:59 pm »
Is there some kinda thread for clans or what? I cant find any

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 05:05:46 pm »
Go to the ladder tab on the c-rpg page, there you will find clans that are recruiting
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Those are the rules no?

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2012, 05:06:09 pm »
Read certain forum parts.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline ANleas

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2012, 05:14:08 pm »
Do I need a mic to join the knights templar? I'm thinking about applying for that since I know abit about templars from Assassins Creed :P

I still have some skills...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 05:20:56 pm by ANleas »

Offline Strudog

• Marshall
  • A Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 05:20:49 pm »
A mic is no necessity, as long you are on TS (but its much better to have one)
This is the internet.
Men are men
Women are men
Those are the rules no?

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2012, 05:23:27 pm »
After 16 gens, any additional looms are just for fun/changing it up. It really is even less for most classes

2h/pole: weapon, body armor, gloves (boots and helmet are nice though)
Shield: shield, weapon, body, gloves (boots and helmet are nice though)
Archery: Bow+arrows (sidearm if you are hybrid, everything else is nice though)
Cav: horse, body, gloves, weapon (lanceand helmet are nice, boots are very nice)

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 03:41:26 am »
+2
I've plaid the singleplayer Mount & Blade just almost before it was released. And I was close to get into the beta of Warband, but some had to be unlucky you know. I also plaid the old cRPG, but I didn't like the way you had to get money as a peasant, since you only gained money per kills, so I stopped awhile after. Then I went back to cRPG when it was made like it is now, about a year ago. I made a skip the fun character because I didn't wanted to be a peasant and die the whole time. Then some moments after I took a long break from Mount and Blade Warband, untill I came back here now and was like bad as hell because I didn't plaid it. I just didn't know how the players made that much money for 400k per heirloom, and was why I asked here. But now I'm actually lvling a regular char.

So actually, if I didnt took a break from MB Warband then I could actually have been a guy in the full plate set right now o.O
Though I just never made a forum user.

Just sayin' this because I aint exactly a "new player."

You sound like a teenager who just started working last week bitchin cause he don't get paid the same as his boss...

You get what you work for... deal with it.

Sorry someone had to say it. I know it may be hard on the new player but it's simply the truth.  :wink:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted: