Author Topic: Question about Heirloom pt's  (Read 3123 times)

Offline ANleas

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Question about Heirloom pt's
« on: August 07, 2012, 02:37:59 am »
How come 1x Heirloom point costs like 400k - 500k in auction? It'll only increase an item's damage by like 1+ or so, and why pay 400k - 500k for that? That is very much for me.
PS. How would you even be able to get 400k?

Offline Kelden

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Kelden_Astralis
Re: Question about Heirloom pt's
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 04:05:21 am »
+2
The game has been out for a long time which and everyone on average is making more gold then they spend repairing equipment, so the gold in the economy will increase slowly and it has increased over a long period of time thus more gold to go around which means heirloom points become worth more because that is the base currency people use to trade for them with. It makes it harder for newer players but at the same time you aren't forced to use the marketplace, when you retire you get an heirloom point regardless and with the marketplace you can have a better opportunity to get the item you want for cheaper then if you just flat out heirloomed it a bunch of times.

But yeah the value of heirlooms may not go much higher because people also get heirlooms at a decent rate which means they are coming in just as much as gold is, value may increase slightly over time on heirlooms but if it does I believe it will be a reallllly long time.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 04:07:48 am »
+3
The value of them is going down after the bubble burst. The prices started at about 200K and quickly rose to a peak of about 650K-700K.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline ANleas

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 02:12:04 pm »
Shouldnt it only be for like 1000 gold since it'll only increase an item's damage by like 1+ ?
Or can you use heirlooms to something else? Because why is it worth it then?

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2012, 02:19:42 pm »
Shouldnt it only be for like 1000 gold since it'll only increase an item's damage by like 1+ ?
Or can you use heirlooms to something else? Because why is it worth it then?

they increase your stats beyond what you can do with character building. There is no downside to them. But don't worry about them, you can get them for free when you retire. They are only worth so much because people have made a lot of money over time and have nothing to spend it on.

Offline Gimest

• Baron
  • Renown: 101
  • Infamy: 40
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Gimest_DeGyrst
  • IRC nick: Gimest
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 02:41:07 pm »
+1
If you heirloom your weapon 3 times, u will get +3 to main damage, +2 secondary damage, most weapons get +1 speed and some get more weight, and u dont have to pay any extra upkeep for that, even tho it shows different price for it ingame. On armors u will get +5 armor when heirloomed 3 times, wich means if u loom ur head, body, hand and leg armors u will get +5 head and +10 body and leg armor, and it wont reduce ur movement speed or increase ur upkeep. Horses get + to all their stats and shields get buff to all other things exept size.
All in all if u have all ur equipment fully heirloomed, u can do better. And the prices are what ppl pay for, if u go whole generation(1-31 and retire) with setup cost under 20k(~15k), u can make allmost 500k money in that generation.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2012, 03:00:49 pm »
+3
They cost more than 1000 gold because you can only get heirlooms point when you retire, which takes about 20-140 hours. And 1000 gold is being made in 4 - 20 minutes. That's a little difference. :)
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 05:33:53 pm »
+3
You're effectively paying for someone's time spent leveling 1-31. Beyond gold you don't really gain anything else for retiring, and have to spend half your time with a sub 30 char

You get +10 body armour with +3gloves/+3 body armour, which isn't bad. And +3 damage on a weapon is possibly better than a couple levels powerstrike (maybe, not sure how it equates, and depends on the weapon)
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ANleas

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2012, 11:33:18 pm »
I bought 4 Loompoints for  750,000gold each some months ago, 400-500 k is nothing, lul.  :mrgreen:

Is nothing? It took me about 2-3 weeks to get just 100k.
And it took me 4 days to get a char to lvl 26 atm.

Wtf?...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 11:37:32 pm »
+1
Is nothing? It took me about 2-3 weeks to get just 100k.
And it took me 4 days to get a char to lvl 26 atm.

Wtf?...
Long time veterans can be slightly out of touch with new players for money and XP.

Basically it takes about 31 hours or so to reach level 30 on average, and then about that time again to reach level 31 and retire. Some people are generation 20 or 30 and higher.

Some vets have/had so much money that they don't even know what to spend it on, like me; who ended up giving away a large chunk of it in a bunch of 50K or 100K donations, or even bought a +3 Elders Wooden Stick.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline ANleas

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2012, 11:52:46 pm »
Then I dont think the mod is funny when other players run around with like.. 1000k money and others only 100k like me, who used 3 weeks on that.
Needs to be rewamped or something..

And just to point out, it says on the right side under my name that I'm a beggar.... Could you spare a change? :(

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2012, 11:58:28 pm »
+1
Your forum title changes with amount of posts. Just ignore it.

Regarding the gold, what do you think? You just started, others play since more than one year. Daily for hours.
And seriously, gaining gold today is much easier than back time ago. Going to level 31 is easier today, it only depends on time and your team' wins.

And important: You dont need any looms. It's just an extra thing.

Finish your first gen, sell your loompoint and you can easily get around 500k for it The next looms you can use yourself. You wont ever need more than 100k cash for repairs.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2012, 12:24:43 am »
+1
Even though it may look small, an increase in 1, 2 or 3 has a great effect when combined with skills such as power strike.

So an increase of 1 in pierce with the weapon could easily equal 10 extra points of damage on the person.

Masterwork weapons are noticeably superior to their unheirloomed counterparts.

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 81
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW
  • Game nicks: SoW_MR_FISTA_the_Retribution
  • IRC nick: SoW_MR_FISTA
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2012, 01:50:33 am »
+1
+3 steel pick is just insane I've noticed a huge difference compared to a normal steel pick and even with PS at 6 i rarely need more than 3 hits to kill anyone if I aim for the head, Looms matter

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2012, 08:49:32 am »
So an increase of 1 in pierce with the weapon could easily equal 10 extra points of damage on the person.

No. You can only double the damage with skills, not increase it tenfold. And it takes a full STR + PS char for that.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?