Author Topic: unban request OssumPawesome_Astralis and DZ29_Cunt from Mistress_Auphilia  (Read 1755 times)

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
both of us were kicked for racism when I think the context justified inappropriate language.  I was kicked and then permabanned, and DZ29_Cunt was permabanned. for language. seriously?

Anyway the context of what I was kicked for and what cunt was banned for (the n-word) was in a discussion ABOUT racism and the power of words.  I was trying to make a point that if this word was used in everyday contexts more (as it has been both in popular media and in everyday interaction) that it will continue to lose its power over people.  I made the point that this is a good thing and should be welcomed, and during this bit of text I mentioned this word in full.  What is so bad about that?

I'd like to apologize now for any offense I may have caused, but that was truly not my intent.

I then re-entered the server and asked why cunt was permabanned - I was then permabanned without any other provocation.  I guess we shouldn't question the decisions of mods for fear of permaban?

I should also mention that while in the server someone mentioned that Cunt would win the appeal because he was not warned.  I believe both of us deserve to win the appeal not only because we weren't warned, but also because of the content of each of our bans.

I feel this modding was so unjust so as to require action against Mistress_Auphilia.  A kick or day ban for racism is one thing, but permaban for questioning a mod? That is something different entirely.

I am baffled that bad jokes, political discussion, and questioning mods can get someone banned - and permabanned at that.  This is just silly.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 10:18:51 am by OssumPawesome »

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I warned everyone twice and they continued.

Here is a screenshot showing other players' discontent, and the evidence of racism.
(click to show/hide)

NA_Community_1 Rules regarding racism:
(click to show/hide)

Try to keep the drama into one thread please:
http://forum.meleegaming.com/na-%28community%29/request-unban-37311/new/#new

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I feel that is evidence of neither other player's discontent nor racism.  I will keep further comments in the other thread.  I actually started this one first, but the other contains more of the discussion.

Offline Swagbath

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
She did not warn pawsome twice ??? he joined the game and was banned..it was unjust and not needed

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
He left the server as soon as I banned the other one, I would assume he knew he was next. When he rejoined a few minutes later, I issued the ban.

Offline jasonjay543

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: xX
Whilst i do see a discussion about it, i DONT see a warning... let alone two

Offline failtolawl

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I was never warned either, and according to the rules, I should have been kicked, not banned.

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
it again seems the only one feeling these bans are justified is Auphilia.  I think that there should be action taken against this kind of thing.

Offline Sivart

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Auphilia, I don't know you that much but I have respected you since the first time I met you. Even before I knew you were admin. But I'll have to admit this is a little harsh. I know Cunt and know that he is not racist. He may be a bit trolly at times..but he only wanta to have fun and play the game.

I also wanted to point out that it appears Pawesome didnt  leave. It looks as though he was poll kicked.

Now. I'm sure these guys meant no harm and it appears no harm was done. So why not approve the appeal? I'm aure they learned their lesson and have done there time for what they did.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
I'll talk with Auphillia and get this straightened out. Now, I'm not saying that you will instantly be unbanned, but i'll check the logs and see what is needed. I will post here later today or tomorrow with an answer.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
I cannot unban while at work. Although Auphillia was a little harsh, she did not break the rules. You will be unbanned today when I get a hold of the server owner.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
thank you.

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I am still banned by the way.

Offline failtolawl

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
I am also still banned.

Offline OssumPawesome

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Please let me know when I will be unbanned.