Author Topic: New Forum Moderators needed  (Read 14770 times)

Offline naruto_goku_sephiroth_420

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: New Forum Moderators needed
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 08:47:08 pm »
with the cool-headed traits of goku, the believe it attitude of naruto, the intimidating factor of sephiroth, and the chillness of the 420 smoker, i am applicant extraordinare

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 08:51:25 pm »
+32
I spend enough of my life on the forums to warrant applying I think  :)

I have been called a forum secretary in the past.
1. Maturity: I just finished uni and...and...and have a real job now! For 3 months.
2. Intelligence: I can read and write and have a degree! I know, shocker right?
3. Cool headedness. Well now that I can't necessarily claim I have but I do try and I believe I'm a lot better with posts than I was 1 1/2 years ago with my pro-HA pre-nerf arguing.
4. Charm-e? If only  :(

Offline Rhekimos

• Duke
  • Renown: 672
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ふふふふふ
    • View Profile
    • Forbiddena
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Rhekimos
  • IRC nick: Rhekimos
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 08:51:57 pm »
+19
I would be willing to take a look at posts. I've been getting somewhat active too.

For something that would be useful for a moderator, I believe that I have the ability to consider matters calmly, but not without a sense of humor.

Offline Inglorious

• Earl
  • Renown: 497
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • Courage is our shield
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Banana Republic / Chevaliers
  • Game nicks: IngloriouslyBad / Affordable Cavalry
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 09:56:31 pm »
+2

Hey, if it's open to anyone, why not?

I would like to apply for a forum moderator position. I have a desk job for a local government corporation, so if I am not working I am browsing the forums pretty much.

Maturity - #1 Priority
Intelligence - Criminal Justice mjr. English mnr.
Cool-headedness -  8-)
Charm - I used to be a jewelry salesman. The ladies bought ALL the jewelry. Not to be confused with silver-tongued though!

Thank you for concidering!

Additional information not pertaining, but maybe of importance, I can stand on one foot for over 30 seconds.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 10:10:31 pm »
+56
Do you want a funny forum moderator (who still does his job) or a super serious one? Well I could give it a try if you want me to. I'm pretty active in forums and I've done some epic deputy detective action many times before and helped Meow by reporting stuff to him in irc ;).

EDIT:
Why  me?
- Wrote a guide. It's new and shiny.
- I think people like my posts mostly.
- I argue sometimes but I try to keep it constructive, not destructive.
- You may also remember that I provided the forum users a script couple months back to hide all Boxxy images :D.
- I'm awesome.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:55:32 pm by Son Of Odin »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Danneh

• Knight
  • Renown: 40
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 10:20:13 pm »
+7
I would like to apply for the forum moderator position on behalf of the Mighty Panos. He is currently unable to post his own application for reasons that are of no significance to his application.

Maturity - Extremely mature. He has shown this in his dealings within the community time after time over the past years.

Intelligence - Highly intelligent, You can check his posting history. You can see all of his posts are well thought out and written to an extremely high standard. You can almost feel the presence of his intellect oozing out of your monitor when you read these works of art.

Cool-Headedness - Incredibly Cool-headed. He is always calm and collected and his posts on this forum are highly rational. In the extremely rare situations where he has been confronted or met with aggression he has always reacted passively and attempted to diffuse the situation. When this method has failed him he falls back upon the rules of the forum and always ensures the correct course of action is taken.

Charm - This man is a legend. He is adored by all of the C-RPG community and has close connections with the english, German, Turkish and eastern European communities. He is highly empathetic and knows how to meet the needs of our extremely diverse community. Beyond this he is a regular poster and is already well known and respected.

I would also like to add that Panos speaks several languages fluently and would be able to help out with translation.

I would like to vouch for Panos and would encourage anyone else who feels this way to post in this thread, I am sure there are many of you. This is the man for the job and he is most deserving of this prestigious position within our community. To give it to anyone else would not just be an insult to Panos but to the entire community.

Dont forget to UPVOTE to show your support!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 11:10:39 pm by Danneh »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 10:20:57 pm »
+70
Well I've only really flipped out on just one person on the forums ever really, so here is my application. Not only am I submitting this because of genuine curiosity of seeing who would + or - this, but also because I have a genuine interest in being a forum moderator.

In the past few moderator actions for these forums (mainly just the NA ban/unban that I had control over) I did a pretty good job of moving old threads to the resolved section (did over 20 pages in one day when no one else wanted to) as well as do a good job of splicing out off-topic comments and reminding people of what or what not to do.

My favorite color is purple  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:30:56 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline kono yaro!

• Baron
  • Renown: 129
  • Infamy: 127
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: b0nk
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2012, 11:10:32 pm »
I'm a friendly and curious person and I'd love to help get rid of the douches and bring law and order to this bandit lair. :) I browse the forums almost every day and I'd love to try this out.
How 'bout it?

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2012, 11:23:13 pm »
+8
I could moderate your forums in my spare time. I was an admin for a while before I resigned due to it making me enjoy the game less. I have been around warband since it first went into beta, I've never been banned or muted. All of my posts are witty and loved. As I have played Warband for a long time, and cRPG as well, I feel like helping out.

I am also hoping the ladies will flock and swoon over my internet authority.

Pick me.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 11:29:09 pm by Voso »

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2012, 11:33:31 pm »
+3
I have plenty of spare time and would gladly lend a hand as a forum moderator.

I believe I am mature enough to qualify. (My age is 20)
I am intelligent enough to write my own application rather than copy and paste previous applications.
I have great self-control and value fairness and consideration of others.
As for charm, well...my clan has a total of five female members. That has to count for something. A lot of them appreciate an environment away from all the profanities, trolling, and immaturity you might find in more popular clans' teamspeaks.

I am currently an admin for NA_Community_1 and NA_Public (if it is ever put back online).

Sincerely, Auphilia
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:14:09 am by Auphilia »

Offline snipercapt

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Araris, Brighid, Tsugan
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2012, 11:40:51 pm »
I am on these forums all the time, so I would be able to moderate at almost any time of the day. I have moderated several TeamSpeaks previously and also several forums. I have never gotten any complaints of immaturity from any of these, so I believe that proves I'm not an adult child or dumb kiddie. I also admin'ed on NA Public when it was still active, so theres that. I've played cRPG for a year and a half now as well, so I know the ropes!

Hope to get good news,

Tsugan
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 11:48:26 pm by snipercapt »
People still use shit from 12th century today, for example Microsoft Internet Explorer

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 12:21:35 am »
+14
Meh, why not. I am browsing this forum very regularly and i think i got what it takes to be a moderator.

But i'm bad at writing applications, though. (q.e.d.)

Offline BattalGazi

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player
  • Count the feathers on my Deli Cap!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans (GK)
  • Game nicks: GK_BattalGazi
  • IRC nick: BattalGazi
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 12:57:49 am »
+5
I am also volunteered to be a moderator. I am following this mod since its beginning and community knows me quite well about me being modest and fair. I have no idea about how my charm is effective on forums but I am mature and objective enough to make fair judgements.

And also as a side note, I find it totally unfair to shut down Turkish sub forum just because of a couple of immature, hormone induced adolescents and a couple of trolls. You are removing the rights of %90 of turkish forum users because of the %10 trash of it generates. That is why I am also ready to take serious measures to clean up turkish sub-forums as well as what other moderator responsibilities come along.

Cheers,
BattalGazi

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 01:01:01 am »
+3
I apply,

Mature and cool headed enough, intelligence... Stupid enough to waste my time on the pc, smart enough to be a forum mod.
Got enough experience on cleaning up forums and keeping them that way.

-Haboe

Edit:

Some extra info:
I have played this mod since the start, and im obviously still playing. I have been a forum moderator on many other forums, and i enjoy doing so.
Im currently in my 3rd year of university, that should cover the intelligence and maturity requirement for a big part. And of course common sense is present here.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:50:03 pm by Haboe »

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 01:08:02 am »
+22
I'm not sure if this would be the proper place for this, but I want to apply for moderating the Spanish sub-forum only, since there is currently no moderator, and I read the forums everyday.