Author Topic: Strat Suggestion: Change NA/EU borders  (Read 513 times)

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
Strat Suggestion: Change NA/EU borders
« on: August 04, 2012, 10:56:45 am »
+2
If the border between NA/EU stays the same, people will probably claim territory they currently hold.  Flipping the NA zone to the other side of the map would force all NA clans to make new claims and some EU clans as well.

Additional benefits: This would be good for new clans thinking about playing Strategus for the first time and others who sat out the last version.  No historical claims would give everyone a fresh start.

(click to show/hide)

------

The 3 kingdoms version: 

(click to show/hide)

Why:  I think if there's more distance between clans they'd be more likely to fight each other.  When clans are too close to each other, wars between them won't last long so they don't want to fight each other, leading to more alliances than conflicts.

On the NA side we had a Green vs. Red war for a moment.  Splitting the NA zone into 3 areas would give both former Red and Green clans places for their home bases with a little safe distance between each other.  The third area would be a good place for neutral clans, new clans or anyone not involved in that conflict...yet. 

Addition benefits: More trade and interaction between NA/EU clans since they'd have to cross each other's territory, maybe less NA vs EU mentality.  This map would also spread out the EU zone as well giving them the same benefits of more distance between adversaries.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Strat Suggestion: Change NA/EU borders
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 04:37:57 pm »
What about some small island  on the west (or south)(or north), and make entire calradia EU based ? It's not like 20 NA fiefs are already under EU control :rolleyes:

I can imagine mercs and hre already packing their goods on ships and sail west to conquer new lands :D

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 06:36:04 am »
+2
I'd rather just split NA and EU completely. I like the idea of reversing it though. Would make my clan happy. lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 07:11:26 am »
I like the 3 kingdoms break up.

Would be really interesting and could create a lot more "cross boarder" trade and interactions between EU/NA.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(