Author Topic: Power draw + accuracy  (Read 481 times)

Offline Kelden

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Kelden_Astralis
Power draw + accuracy
« on: August 04, 2012, 10:16:16 am »
I've been looking at alot of archer guides and I hear archery has changed (never really been an archer) over the ages and guides are out of date.

My ideal setup would be MW Rus/bodkins and I'm wondering if 6 power is enough, or should I be pumping it up higher? I really do enjoy athletics and would go for 7 or more if I go above 30 I would even like to push it to like 9 ath/wm. But is this much wm going to be noticeable on accuracy, and would I suffer too much with only 6 powerdraw.

I hear having more powerdraw can make you draw slower and worsens your reticle above 6 but I don't have much experience with archey and I'm not sure how big of a penalty I can expect for going over, and if its not that much of a penalty for the added damage how much over should I go, 7,8,9 even?

I also have read that power draw is in the missile speed calculation and isn't faster missile speed = easier to hit targets. Alot of information floating out there and I have 0 experience with archery so some skilled input would be appreciated.

I cannot give athletics up I need atleast 7 and would even like 8 if I push it past 30 unless power draw is a must even with +3 rus/bodkins.

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
Re: Power draw + accuracy
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 10:36:18 am »
18/21 is your best bet.  18/24 is popular too, sacrificing athletics and 3 IF/PS just to get that extra point in WM

I played a longbow archer and did 27/15.  I thought I was sacrificing accuracy and speed for ridiculous damage, but after calculations the damage difference on a medium armored character was 72 down to 60 with the 18/24 build.  Calculations aside, just playing with both builds, 18/24 played way way better.  Kills came much more effectively, quickly, and efficiently.

6 PD is plenty with Rus and Bodkins, definitely the way to go.  Can try 21/18, or 21/21.  Not sure how up to date this calc is, but it lets you play with different bows, ammos, heirloom levels, and target armors.

http://alpha-lider19.ru/MB/?go=archercalc
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.