Author Topic: How are people able to upkeep their characters?  (Read 3340 times)

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: How are people able to upkeep their characters?
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2012, 07:19:34 am »
Maybe use 1x Throwingspears 2x wardarts instead?
That way you have some ammo to go with all the points and wpf spent on throwing.
Aim for the head!  :D

Offline Old_Sir_Agor

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: DenBitre_Sir_Agor
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2012, 08:12:20 am »
darts are to weak.
shooting at people from a reachable place as last man standing is not delaying. Even if you're on the other side of the map.

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2012, 08:27:10 am »
+1
Change equipment on 3x. Use a cheaper set of gear consisting of leathers or mail and your heirlooms, then a complete set of your heaviest on a 3x.

Also, a tip for you from a moneysaving maniac. The BEST equipment cost to team contribution ratio is at 15-20k. Don't be those a-holes that walk around in a shirt and a wooden sword because they are poor. Use mail or strong leathers, the byrnie is a VERY good cost effective armor.

I personally use 18700ish equipment cost gear. It's all made to be cost effective and using cheaper things where I can get away with it. However, I still contribute and regularly top the charts. Because my main set of gear and heirlooms are so cheap, I never switch equipment. However if you play with higher tier stuff (500+ repairs), then use cheap mail or leathers at 1-2x and switch to your heaviest equipment and weapons at a 3-5x.

Also, I've been asked this before and here is the same answer.

Player: How do you make money if you plan to play cavalry?
Me: If you plan to cav, you cannot plan to make money.

(Yes, you can if u use shit leather and a rouncey, but GL unless you are Tommyhu or Huey)

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2012, 01:30:43 pm »
My total wealth is ussually around 8k but that is because I buy new armor/weapons almost daily, I still make money with around 2-2.3k max upkeep. It also depends wether you lose alot of rounds or are on a win streak.   :D
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2012, 10:51:07 am »
+1
Change equipment on 3x. Use a cheaper set of gear consisting of leathers or mail and your heirlooms, then a complete set of your heaviest on a 3x.

Also, a tip for you from a moneysaving maniac. The BEST equipment cost to team contribution ratio is at 15-20k. Don't be those a-holes that walk around in a shirt and a wooden sword because they are poor. Use mail or strong leathers, the byrnie is a VERY good cost effective armor.

I personally use 18700ish equipment cost gear. It's all made to be cost effective and using cheaper things where I can get away with it. However, I still contribute and regularly top the charts. Because my main set of gear and heirlooms are so cheap, I never switch equipment. However if you play with higher tier stuff (500+ repairs), then use cheap mail or leathers at 1-2x and switch to your heaviest equipment and weapons at a 3-5x.

Also, I've been asked this before and here is the same answer.

Player: How do you make money if you plan to play cavalry?
Me: If you plan to cav, you cannot plan to make money.

(Yes, you can if u use shit leather and a rouncey, but GL unless you are Tommyhu or Huey)

Pretty much all you need to know right here. Zan is arguably the best hoplite I've seen on NA, and he does not wear gear much heavier than my own at about 17k worth, 1,220 max upkeep. However, I do have my own insight for you in regards to throwing. Use war darts. They are fucking awesome. They are quite insanely accurate, they do decent damage as long as you have PT and wpf to back them up, and for fuck sake you get six of them per stack. In a team situation, it is often quite difficult to get tons of kills with throwing weapons. You're scared of your big ole jarids popping a teammate, there are shields involved, etc. With war darts, you can get the maximum amount of staggering in in order to give your teammates of the strength juicer variety a killshot. If you're worried about looking like a scrubnoobbadlord with your no-kills; the score system will now prevent that. To top it off, war darts are cheaper than fuck as well. Really my favorite throwing weapon.

I've never had any issues whatsoever with upkeep. Not even on generation 1 starting out. Maybe it's because I've never once used anything heavier than light mail and plate; and only 20 rounds total with that, I'd say. But if what you're saying is true, you're wearing roughly the same armours that I was at your stage in the mod. It is entirely possible that you are just unlucky as FUCK. With such an upkeep system, there will always be people that have paid more or less repairs using gear of equal value. If that bothers you a lot...I don't know what to tell you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?