Author Topic: Unban Request: Erik_Magnusson  (Read 1646 times)

Offline Rusty_Shacklefjord

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro-pain
    • View Profile
  • Faction: One Man Army
  • Game nicks: Erik_Magnusson
Unban Request: Erik_Magnusson
« on: August 03, 2012, 02:30:22 am »
I was banned on NA 1 at around 1am last night. I'm pretty sure that the admin that banned me was Muki on an alt.

She 'warned' me the previous round because I accidentally killed an unarmored peasant (AaronT) with a backswing near the end of the round, although I said sorry with QQA and he said that he didn't really care. After that the map changed and I continued playing like normal. During the initial melee I killed five enemies and got assists on MANY more. While mopping up the survivors a friendly Hospitaller guy (Frog King?) walked in front of my horse and I accidentally bumped him. He must have been very weak, because I was braking hard and swerving and he still died. Muki warned me again and I told her to 'fuck off.' There are several reasons for this. For one they were both pretty clearly accidental, and I was already being pretty careful. Despite this, she felt the need to bug me about it TWICE. They also both happened near the end of the round, when it didn't matter anyway. On top of this, I was contributing a LOT to my team's victory. Even with the teamkill I was +4, not to mention all the assists that I got and support I provided. In fact, I'd been carrying a x5 for several rounds when I got banned.

I'll admit that telling her to "fuck off" was a little rude. I'm sorry. But to be fair I didn't actually break any rules and was annoyed with good reason. I don't know how long the ban is for. If it's 24h I'm willing to just wait it out. If it's for longer I would appreciate it if someone unbanned me.

Also, I know that admins here like to bring up BS charges from the past to support their current BS charges, so just to reiterate, this was all ACCIDENTAL.
I too am not a bit tamed, I too am untranslatable,
I sound my barbaric YAWP over the roofs of the world.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
Re: Unban Request: Erik_Magnusson
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 02:46:29 am »
Found out you still own TOD a ban eassy

1000 word Unban essay: Why rules and respecting your fellow players is important.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro-pain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 03:17:58 am »
Found out you still own TOD a ban eassy

No.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 03:28:57 am »
No.

So if he already wrote an essay perma ban his ass already. easy as that  :D
^ Well if you already wrote it

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro-pain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 03:35:35 am »
So I'm perma-banned? That seems really excessive.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 03:38:13 am »
Well since I was a previous case handler and am now mentioned in the thread:

Previous threads:
http://forum.meleegaming.com/closed-requests/unban-request-rusty_shacklefjord/msg143280/#msg143280
http://forum.meleegaming.com/closed-requests/unban-request-10731/msg154447/#msg154447
http://forum.meleegaming.com/closed-requests/unban-request-11807/msg166774/#msg166774
http://forum.meleegaming.com/closed-requests/unban-request-knight_errant/msg287730/#msg287730
http://forum.meleegaming.com/closed-requests/ban-request-canary-of-chaos/msg335821/#msg335821 (This one earned him the essay ban)
http://forum.meleegaming.com/unban-essays/unban-essay-straight-outta-compton/msg335872/#msg335872 (This one Essay he failed, and was much later unbanned)
(click to show/hide)
http://forum.meleegaming.com/closed-requests/unban-request-johannes_liechtenauer/msg367889/#msg367889 (remnants of a mess).

And then, not learning his lesson:
http://forum.meleegaming.com/closed-requests/unban-request-ninja_red/msg443823/#msg443823
Typically someone who's received an essay ban in the past is on thin ice, and though you've made it very clear that you're not going to listen to warnings, here's another one anyway: start behaving or you're out of here. ~ Canary

And naturally, his latest:
http://forum.meleegaming.com/na-(official)/unban-request-erik_magnusson/msg569016/#msg569016
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 03:41:36 am »
start behaving or you're out of here. -Canary

Well seems your out of luck

Edit:
Correct.  Anyone that gets banned after an essay ban is subject to immediate perma ban.

Unban Request Denial
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 05:26:45 am by Muki »

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro-pain
    • View Profile
Reunban Request: Erik_Magnusson
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 04:13:14 am »
(click to show/hide)

Making a new thread because the other one was locked before I could reply.

I was banned a few times before, but check the dates of those posts please.
- first three all from last July when I just joined cRPG and didn't know the rules.
- one in November, a misunderstanding.
- ridiculous essay ban in January (8 months ago). I wrote the essay even though it was wrong.
- short 12h ban in April because I called Canary a mad nerd, which he proved he was by banning me (lol).

Then this, a legitimate accident. You don't have any pictures or videos or evidence that it was intentional because it wasn't. In fact, you probably didn't even see it and just banned me because people were whining in admin chat. I accidentally teamkilled some guy. Oh well, it happens. A 1 hour cooldown ban would have been appropriate. A perma-ban is complete overkill.

I love cRPG and I would do anything for her, but I don't want to spend all night arguing about this. I already sincerely apologized for being rude to Muki. I'll even do it again: I was rude and I'm sorry. Please forgive me.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Reunban Request: Erik_Magnusson
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 04:37:43 am »
- ridiculous essay ban in January (8 months ago). I wrote the essay even though it was wrong.

You literally never wrote the essay I issued you, which is mainly why I failed you on the off-topic speal you wrote. I encourage you to re-read my response.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro-pain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 05:08:07 am »
You literally never wrote the essay I issued you, which is mainly why I failed you on the off-topic speal you wrote. I encourage you to re-read my response.

What is this, english 101? Do you seriously expect people to be writing legitimate essays for some forum post? If so, should it be in MLA or APA format?

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 05:31:06 am »
Rusty i got banned by muki for accidental tk also i feel your pain.

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 06:08:58 am »
Rusty i got banned by muki for accidental tk also i feel your pain.

May want to read the post below.

Correct.  Anyone that gets banned after an essay ban is subject to immediate perma ban.
So if he already wrote an essay perma ban his ass already. easy as that  :D

Final word is your Perma Ban

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro-pain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 06:28:49 am »
I was essay banned EIGHT MONTHS AGO and the guy that banned me isn't even an admin any more. Doesn't that count for anything?

If you're that upset that I'm 'trash talking' to people just mute me or something. You're weighing these stupid past bans too heavily. Again, to re-reiterate, I never actually broke any rules. I also apologized twice.

Half the population of cRPG has been banned, but I can't think of a single person that was really such a problem that it warranted permanently banning them. Please lighten up a little and stop policing everyone so harshly.

Really, why can't we all just get along?

Offline Vieuxcrotter

• Knight
  • Renown: 47
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 06:40:52 am »
I know this is none of my business in this thread but there is players that cheated using autoblock hack and they got banned for less then a week. Something is really wrong here.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 08:07:18 am »
Really, why can't we all just get along?

Because people like you rack up 12-15 bans and still fail to understand some basic rules.

(click to show/hide)

Then an admin gives you the opportunity to come back from that and you decide that it means that you can go mad again.

I know this is none of my business in this thread but there is players that cheated using autoblock hack and they got banned for less then a week. Something is really wrong here.

In opposite to notorious griefers, those autoblockers did use it for very short time and never used it afterwards.
As far as I know there never was a single autoblocker who got unbanned who used it again afterwards.
So don't make it worse than someone who griefs people on a regular basis and kills their gameplay.
People who used autoblock for regular gameplay are a different thing but those don't get unbanned anyhow.