Author Topic: Arresting Remnant_Shik  (Read 13383 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: Arresting Remnant_Shik
« Reply #135 on: August 06, 2012, 05:41:53 pm »
Way too much anger, butthurt, and drama in this thread.

I was indisposed on Friday and unable to command the battle, I appreciate those that stepped in my place to try and avenge some justice for the people of Mazen. 

It is confirmed there were no trade goods on Shik as we were told on Friday (Devilize was told by some Remnants).  Here's how the events unfolded in my mind:

July 27th, Shik attacks Mazen and takes over the village, all while flying the Remnant banners.  July 28th Remnant declares they are neutral in the war.  Apparently on August 1st an agreement was made between Occitan/Hospitallers, and Remnant accepting their neutrality.  Why Mazen/shik wasn't discussed in this (or why it wasn't brought up with HATE) is beyond me, but that was a mistake.

On the morning of August 2nd I saw SHIK was trying to cross the western bridge from TKOV to ex-FIDLGB lands, but I was blocking his path along with another knight of the Hospitallers (Havoc).  I made the decision to attack him (not knowing about this "treaty" with Remnant).  Any treaty that did not address SHIK or Mazen, is no treaty at all.  That should have been obvious to Remnant that we (us, or our allies) would retake Mazen because it belongs to Astralis. 

If I had to do it again, I would have made sure the "treaty" included language about SHIK and Mazen, however mistakes happen.  The important thing is that we got it right, and that SHIK paid for his treachery (although he escaped before the battle started) and Mazen will be given back to Astralis.  Treaty be damned, that was the right thing to do.  And I'm glad I did attack his army, because there were no trade goods on him, as we were told there was, and that he was simply transporting trade goods to market to sell them was a lie by Remnant diplomats.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 06, 2012, 06:18:51 pm »

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #137 on: August 06, 2012, 06:22:40 pm »
in other news, how come half of ATS joined remnant and the other half...just kinda like became...something.

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2012, 06:34:11 pm »
must've been some serious drama involved

Offline Miracle

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: s0mali_piratez
  • Game nicks: Miracle
  • IRC nick: Miracle
« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2012, 06:40:12 pm »
I just want to clear up the thing about the trade goods.  I never said that Shik was carrying trade goods.  I said that he was going to dump off some of the bullshit gear we had (Straw Hats, Cudgels, Pitchforks) and pick up some stuff from the members at Ismirala.  I had mentioned that Chesty was in Ismirala getting ready for a trade goods run down by you guys which may have been misunderstood as Shik being the one with the trade goods.  I can honestly say we had no intention of giving our shit away to anyone but ourselves.  I'm not trying to stir the pot back up just trying to straighten some things out.
also free allers, permaban digglez imo
is there anyone (NH members excluded) that would have an issue with that? basically allers is big pun and digglez is fat joe, nobody would say no to that trade

Offline Allers

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Ca$hville
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ca$hville Records, Ruff Ryders
  • Game nicks: Allers, Young Buck, DMX
  • IRC nick: Allers
« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2012, 07:29:56 pm »
+2
Shik is a wanted criminal,  he attacked Mazen which was controlled by Astralis, before Remnant declared they were neutral in this war.  We have no beef with Remnant, but Shik will answer for his crimes.

This is on behalf of Astralis and the citizens of Mazen.  Shik is responsible for his unwarranted aggression and attack on a sovereign village, and the deaths of hundreds of civilians.  Justice demands he answer for these crimes.   I am taking him prisoner to be held in judgement of his peers.  Unless he can chooses to go for his sword, then my knights will be responsible for his demise.

(click to show/hide)
Ca$hville 615

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #141 on: August 06, 2012, 07:36:32 pm »
+1

I was indisposed on Friday and unable to command the battle, I appreciate those that stepped in my place to try and avenge some justice for the people of Mazen. 

It is confirmed there were no trade goods on Shik as we were told on Friday (Devilize was told by some Remnants).  Here's how the events unfolded in my mind:

July 27th, Shik attacks Mazen and takes over the village, all while flying the Remnant banners.  July 28th Remnant declares they are neutral in the war.  Apparently on August 1st an agreement was made between Occitan/Hospitallers, and Remnant accepting their neutrality.  Why Mazen/shik wasn't discussed in this (or why it wasn't brought up with HATE) is beyond me, but that was a mistake.

On the morning of August 2nd I saw SHIK was trying to cross the western bridge from TKOV to ex-FIDLGB lands, but I was blocking his path along with another knight of the Hospitallers (Havoc).  I made the decision to attack him (not knowing about this "treaty" with Remnant).  Any treaty that did not address SHIK or Mazen, is no treaty at all.  That should have been obvious to Remnant that we (us, or our allies) would retake Mazen because it belongs to Astralis. 

If I had to do it again, I would have made sure the "treaty" included language about SHIK and Mazen, however mistakes happen.  The important thing is that we got it right, and that SHIK paid for his treachery (although he escaped before the battle started) and Mazen will be given back to Astralis.  Treaty be damned, that was the right thing to do.  And I'm glad I did attack his army, because there were no trade goods on him, as we were told there was, and that he was simply transporting trade goods to market to sell them was a lie by Remnant diplomats.

Translation:

After the Treaty of Paris ending the War of Independence was signed in 1783, the European forces kept attacking the United States at random because the treaty failed to mention the proper ratio of crumpets to milk during tea time. Because of this grave oversight the treaty was obviously invalid and continued attacks therefore justified.

(click to show/hide)
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Aderyn

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 243
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Aderyn
« Reply #142 on: August 06, 2012, 07:42:32 pm »
Translation:

After the Treaty of Paris ending the War of Independence was signed in 1783, the European forces kept attacking the United States at random because the treaty failed to mention the proper ratio of crumpets to milk during tea time. Because of this grave oversight the treaty was obviously invalid and continued attacks therefore justified.

(click to show/hide)

or you know, shik breaking neutrality :/
Can't spell manslaughter without laughter.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #143 on: August 06, 2012, 07:49:36 pm »
You are correct Mike.  Remnant and Astralis were at peace when Shik attacked and took control of Mazen.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline dynamike

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 06, 2012, 07:54:48 pm »
You are correct Mike.  Remnant and Astralis were at peace when Shik attacked and took control of Mazen.

And was the treaty between Remnants and Hospitallers made and broken before or after that?

Besides that, afaik there was never even an official peace treaty with Astralis.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #145 on: August 06, 2012, 08:07:05 pm »
or you know, shik breaking neutrality :/

July 27th, Shik attacks Mazen and takes over the village, all while flying the Remnant banners.  July 28th Remnant declares they are neutral in the war.

I know the time zones are different over in euro land, but I am pretty sure July 27th still comes before July 28th. Perhaps it should be worded 27th july and 28th july to make it easier for you.

Offline Mechanix

• Baron
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • lolwut
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mechanix
« Reply #146 on: August 06, 2012, 08:26:42 pm »
I just want to clear up the thing about the trade goods.  I never said that Shik was carrying trade goods.  I said that he was going to dump off some of the bullshit gear we had (Straw Hats, Cudgels, Pitchforks) and pick up some stuff from the members at Ismirala.  I had mentioned that Chesty was in Ismirala getting ready for a trade goods run down by you guys which may have been misunderstood as Shik being the one with the trade goods.  I can honestly say we had no intention of giving our shit away to anyone but ourselves.  I'm not trying to stir the pot back up just trying to straighten some things out.

Please read this again, it seems everyone is overlooking this post.
But as the world turned i learned life was hell; livin' in a world no different from a cell - WuTang

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2012, 08:46:50 pm »
+2

I demand you cease permitting this man to type here, lest I be forced to begin thinking the Hospitaller are reasonable and sane.

Offline Gash

• Count
  • Renown: 151
  • Infamy: 29
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ATS/Occitan
« Reply #148 on: August 07, 2012, 06:35:53 pm »
+1
in other news, how come half of ATS joined remnant and the other half...just kinda like became...something.

Issue with activity on Crpg and strat.

The ATS members playing Crpg everyday wanted more active players to play with (so signed up with Remnant) and the other half  (the more casual players) remained on ATS vent to keep playing various other games with the same folk or sometimes getting on crpg.  Depends on the mood and who's online.  :P

Most just waiting for Guild Wars 2 to release... or in my case, the next Line Battle on Napoleonic wars.  :mrgreen:
CRPG NA Server Admin

Offline dynamike

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2012, 08:44:04 pm »
Issue with activity on Crpg and strat.

The ATS members playing Crpg everyday wanted more active players to play with (so signed up with Remnant) and the other half  (the more casual players) remained on ATS vent to keep playing various other games with the same folk or sometimes getting on crpg.  Depends on the mood and who's online.  :P

Most just waiting for Guild Wars 2 to release... or in my case, the next Line Battle on Napoleonic wars.  :mrgreen:

You stop the madness right naow and get back on crpg!