Author Topic: Best Teamplay Clans  (Read 5141 times)

Offline Xeen

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
Re: Best Teamplay Clans
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2012, 08:21:05 am »
Kutt used to have pretty fucking intricate teamwork back when I piked for like 16 generations straight.  I just had layers of players covering specific people and going after specific targets.  Once I stopped piking, I got way too tired yelling at people to stay on target and to stay with their support.

Nowadays it is mostly about resource allocation.  Some of these more challenging siege maps are ALL about keeping small crews of guys at all of the critical locations, it takes a lot more communication and organization than most people realize. 

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2012, 09:27:14 am »
Kutt used to have pretty fucking intricate teamwork back when I piked for like 16 generations straight.  I just had layers of players covering specific people and going after specific targets.  Once I stopped piking, I got way too tired yelling at people to stay on target and to stay with their support.

Nowadays it is mostly about resource allocation.  Some of these more challenging siege maps are ALL about keeping small crews of guys at all of the critical locations, it takes a lot more communication and organization than most people realize.

Wouldn't it be a lot easier, cheaper,  and satisfying to just run out on your own setting up 1v1's or 1v2's? 

Personally I do not see how you can get a rush when you instruct 3 heavy armored plate str crutchers to 3v1 someone in equipment similiar to something I wear.

Also how the hell do you guys get so much money to afford all that expensive equipment?  I mean I have a VERY good idea how you guys did but I really do not want to derail the subject.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 10:57:38 am by EyeBeat »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2012, 09:34:12 am »
+1
Wouldn't it be a lot easier, chaeper,  and satisfying to just run out on your own setting up 1v1's or 1v2's? 

Personally I do not see how you can get a rush when you instruct 3 heavy armored plate str crutchers to 3v1 someone in equipment similiar to something I wear.

Also how the hell do you guys get so much money to afford all that expensive equipment?  I mean I have a VERY good idea how you guys did but I really do not want to derail the subject.

You're really showing your complete lack of understanding of an OBJECTIVE based game mode.  Defend the objective by holding key positions, chokepoints and engaging enemies where you have the advantage. 

How do you enjoy running off on your own and dying to 1 hit from a 2h'er or horse charge? How is that enjoyable being a lone wolf who doesnt ever affect the outcome of a match?

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2012, 10:11:44 am »
To steer back on track here, there's been a fair deal of teamwork from every major clan, but we see people stick to a few battle buddies.

I'd definitely like to see some restored consciousness in the mod.  I'll be the first to admit I've been in autopilot for a long time, and people are burning out a little.  Let's try to pump some vigor into what we do.  In our prime, we actually had phenominal infantry teamplay, and some of the best support, but we were also notorious for placing individual skill over formation I suppose. 

There was always a method to the madness, but I definitely remember that when we were strongest we were as good teamplayers as any - but absolutely, if you look now, you'll see San being a boss, a couple of us tryin' archery, me mouthing off dumb crap in chat, a few others playing respectably, and a few others being disgruntled and GTXting in 10 minutes. 

Let ourselves go, but with strat 4 potentially coming soon and a lack of fulfillment, I'd like to steer back into teamplay and getting the most out of the mod again.  That's always what made it fun - seeing what everyone's capable of when they have a strong team to fall back on.  I'm not merely talking about our clan, but everyone on the mod, you know?  We all kind of need to restore that youthful exuberance, and its nice to see people who play like NH and especially Hoplite now, bless their hearts.

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Xeen

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2012, 10:40:47 am »
Wouldn't it be a lot easier, chaeper,  and satisfying to just run out on your own setting up 1v1's or 1v2's? 

I just like the challenge of winning.  As I said, on some of the more intricate siege maps, it is incredibly challenging and fun to win, especially on defense.  I don't really enjoy battle, but it can occasionally be fun when you're trying to fend of marauding cavalry and singleton infantry coming out of the woodwork everywhere.  I've told you before, if horsebumps wouldn't kill me in two to three hits, I'd love nothing more than to run a marauder ultralight shielder in battle. 

Nowadays we make insane money just playing alts.  Our whole core group has assassin alts (the ballmeats) that are little money machines.  My original multi-million gold fortune, though, stemmed from piking in light armor, which I did for the majority of my earlier gens.

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2012, 10:55:59 am »
+1
Ninjas. When we have 4+ people online at the same time.

Suicidal flanking. It's a thing.

Shanks should have been a ninja.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2012, 10:56:59 am »
How do you enjoy running off on your own and dying to 1 hit from a 2h'er or horse charge? How is that enjoyable being a lone wolf who doesnt ever affect the outcome of a match?

Wow...   :shock:

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Idzo

• Earl
  • Renown: 494
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Deserter_IdZo
  • IRC nick: IdZo Steam Nick: Deja3n9
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2012, 10:58:30 am »
Shanks should have been a ninja.

:mrgreen:
He's suicidal enough, the way he is. So, no.  :mrgreen:
Urist: Being crpg mod makes you go insane at some point. look at meow, he thinks he's a fcking cat

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2012, 11:08:14 am »
Ehh still 2 to 3 shotted with a steel pick and 13 ps. No biggie

13 ps and a steel pick -> only works on NA  :lol:

Offline Micah

• Duke
  • Renown: 539
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Micah_Senpai_von_Krems Glance_the_Useless_von_Krems Arielle_the_little_Mermaid
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2012, 12:22:17 pm »
+2
im best teamplayer in the whole game ! sadly all others suck and run into my swings 'coz they dont know how to propperly surround an opponent >_>
I am writing long winded essays in shitty english.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2012, 12:47:08 am »
youthful exuberance