Author Topic: [Unjustly banned by Urist] _China__  (Read 844 times)

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
[Unjustly banned by Urist] _China__
« on: August 01, 2012, 09:36:39 pm »
I was a thrower on rage ball, I was playing the game normally on EU6 on rage ball. After playing for a while Urist joined in, he went to become the keeper, then i give him time to pass the ball to someone else, then after that i go up to him and throw 2 heavy throwing axe at him, as a result of that he died, then i walk away and went back to the game again.

Then after few seconds later he banned me because I killed him.

Before on rage ball during Ozin period we know killing keeper is allow, why should I get banned for killing him? Rage ball was originally made for killing. This is not the first time i got banned by him, last time i was an archer, i shot Urist twice in the chest while the ball was near him, then got banned for that. I think he is raging too much on rage ball, and please make some rules on rage ball, so far there is none except telling players to focus on the game. I was always helping my team and always top score, killing people in rage ball does not give you any points/ kills, to gain points you must help your team

Urist said killing people is allow as long as you are playing the game, well i am, he just joined the game and i was excited, so i killed him to welcome him, but got banned for that wut?

Killing keeper does make your team to win sometime, because when you killed someone they will take a while to respawn, if there is no keeper in a goal, then my team will become much easier to score

(Urist was on enemy team not on my team!!!)

I know i am only banned for a while (i know this is not against the rules so urist should only banned me shortly, last time got banned for like 5 minutes because i shot him twice in the chest using a bow)

we do need some kind of rules on rage ball, i told Urist but he said stfu. Can we have some offical rules on rage ball please? Alot of people keep abusing the ban polls on server everyday, they think TDM is not allow , killing people near goal not allow, killing people without reason not allow and stuff like that.

Currently in the server, the server rules is too confusing, i asked urist to change it but he will never listen, the rules on rage ball needs to be clear, many people just come and TDM and not helping your team at all

Urist if you are reading this do something, change the god damn rules, and post them in here (the forum) or in rage ball server, how am i suppose to know if killing you is not allow? How am i suppose to know shooting keeper is not allow? It was allow before and i have asked Ozin long time ago when it was first made because i was always harass by archers

check your thread: http://forum.meleegaming.com/guides/raegball(rageball)-guide/
that rage ball thread have no rules on it, if you read on Ozin post: http://forum.meleegaming.com/general-discussion/rageball-24151/ it still didn't said killing is not forbidden, and once Ozin told me rage ball was orginally made for killing, i didn't do anything against the rules, killing is always allow on rage ball so why ban? A kick for killing you maybe seems ok but seriously banned me for killing you???
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:54:42 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
Re: [Unjustly banned by Urist] _China__
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 09:41:56 pm »
This is pretty serious, if it's true. Shouldn't just be a slap on the wrist.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 09:48:47 pm »
Bjord, if I read it correctly Paul threw the ball to his team, then, while Pauls team still got the ball probably pretty far up Lungy kills him, and, eh, is useless 100%.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 09:54:57 pm »
Last time I checked, being useless wasn't bannable.

Also, is there a rule that says killing keeper is bannable? If not, then I stand by my first post.

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 09:55:52 pm »
Ban  Paul
Free Panos
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 09:59:09 pm »
Killing keeper does make your team to win sometime, because when you killed someone they will take a while to respawn, if there is no keeper in a goal, then my team will become much easier to score

why do you always kill a clear goalkeeper, you are not only a cheater but also an asshole. killing the goalkeeper whilst the ball is away is goddamn low. you are so sad.. pathetic..

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Herkkutatti666

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 285
  • cRPG Player
  • Rips pärs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 10:01:08 pm »
why do you always kill a clear goalkeeper, you are not only a cheater but also an asshole. killing the goalkeeper whilst the ball is away is goddamn low. you are so sad.. pathetic..
+1

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 10:03:23 pm »

you don't always plays rage ball rage ball, if you wasn't there then then please stop spamming this thread, as i said earlier i was doing it to welcome Urist for joining the game, killing enemy keeper while ball is away is pointless but the ball could appear in any second, because a kick can teleport the ball to you next in few seconds. Kick was always OP and should be nerf. Only ranged can kills enemy keeper, melee people can't.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 10:05:07 pm »
While I agree that it's lame, what's right should be right.

If there is NO established rule then there should be NO bans on that ground. Period. Stop opposing legit arguments because of your personal opinions.

Why am I the only voice of reason?

Anyway, Urist will explain himself.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 10:08:43 pm »
Lungie dedicates his whole rageball carrer to griefing. He makes special characters just to grief. He could be a decent player, yet he uses all his energy to grief one single player. He has some kind of weird inferiority complex combined with desperate attention seeking. He thinks if he griefs someone as much as possible he actually befriends him. I ignored him on irc after several spamwaves and I will continue to ignore him ingame hoping that one day he will change his behaviour.

Yes, rageball has no fixed rules concerning TDMing. It's just not possible.  It can make sense to kill someone even if the ball isn't near but killing just for the sake of griefing and thus hurting the game is not ok. Admins have a big responsibility here and some freedom of interpretation - at least I see it that way.

People like Lungie makes me want to quit developing rageball. It's just not worth it if it attracts that kind of players.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:13:21 pm by Paul »

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 10:17:01 pm »

I don't do it all the time, the only times i do it is when you join the server, most of the time i was helping my team because i know griefing will only end in losing as you are not helping the team, ok i will change my behaviour now and will act as normal, but this time i was only welcoming you for joining the game , nothing more. Just showing saying hello that's it. I always gets excited when you join the game, thats why i made char like Hunt_Urist_like_a_boss. You were the best blocker i ever seen, i tried all classes try to beat you and it never works, i found out that throwing is the only class that can actually kill you in effective way.

but you should seriously make some rules about rage ball, most of the time when i top score in my team i will get ban polls for saying TDM, few days ago i got 4 ban polls on 1 day and it was horrible, i keep telling players about what you said but most of them doesn't seems to listen. Yes i admit i made char like Hunt_Urist_like_a_boss and keep following you and trying to kill you, but it never works, it ends up you killing me instead, you were too good in melee, thats when i decided to switch to ranged so i can kill you. But this time i was only doing it for the sake of saying hello nothing more.

you see Urist you were the best player on enemy team always, when you in my team we always win pretty much everytime, i wanted to do it like in real life football, where i would be able to mark you or to delay you so that other players on enemy team won't pass the ball to you, so you won't get a chance to score, this way it will help my team to win as you won't be able to score on our goal

Putting something like you said before (The things you told us like: "Killing people is allow as long as you are not ignoring the ball") on server rules is pretty nice

I won't hunt you anymore, i should have listen to others and just leave you alone, but sometime i am just jealous, just notice i got unban about 10 minutes ago, but after you read this post i got banned again  :(
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:28:29 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 10:19:22 pm »
Last time I checked, being useless wasn't bannable.
Actually it is, sorry to tell you, if the ball isn't around and there is NO way the kill could positively influence his team then it'd be useless and "leeching".
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 10:24:45 pm »
Actually it is, sorry to tell you, if the ball isn't around and there is NO way the kill could positively influence his team

Zlisch you are wrong, do you play rage ball? If the whole enemy team is dead (Staying dead) you have more chance to score because if they are alive they will just become some kind of barricade to prevent you to score. Killing agi whores is a must when you see them, because if you let them go then you will regret it afterward as people will always pass the ball to them and they are always the guys who score

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 10:29:44 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Again, I agree. But in my opinion, you could have handled it much smoother instead of just issuing a ban in frustration.

For example, warning him first? If he continues the harassment then it goes under "no griefing" rule.

Just saying that you have a lot of responsibility(that you yourself decided to take) and should not let feelings interfere with said duty. I guess you're only human, but again, to error is human; to forgive is divine.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 10:39:35 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Again, I agree. But in my opinion, you could have handled it much smoother instead of just issuing a ban in frustration.

For example, warning him first? If he continues the harassment then it goes under "no griefing" rule.

Just saying that you have a lot of responsibility(that you yourself decided to take) and should not let feelings interfere with said duty. I guess you're only human, but again, to error is human; to forgive is divine.

It seems like this isn't Pauls first interaction with lungie and that he has been warned in the past numerous times.