Author Topic: Strenght weight penalty reduction vs AGI Athletics  (Read 636 times)

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Gamer/Artist (Multiclass)
    • View Profile
Strenght weight penalty reduction vs AGI Athletics
« on: July 31, 2012, 02:23:52 pm »
Hey I'm wondering if 3 points in athletics can make you move faster than if you put 3 points in strenght if you wear heavy armor, for example a Druzhina Elite Lamellar armor weights 21.4, a Great helmet with hat 3.3, heavy gauntlets 2, Reinforced red hose with kneecaps 0.9 and a mighty mallet 6.5. So that makes 34.1 of weight to carry. At this amount of weight, does a 3 points in strenght gives you more speed than a 3 points in AGI with one more point in athletics? (Does a build with 27 STR 18 AGI 6 athletics would makes me run faster than a build 24 STR 21 AI 7 Athl carrying 34.1 Weight?

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
Re: Strenght weight penalty reduction vs AGI Athletics
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 03:09:12 pm »
+1
Hey I'm wondering if 3 points in athletics can make you move faster than if you put 3 points in strenght if you wear heavy armor, for example a Druzhina Elite Lamellar armor weights 21.4, a Great helmet with hat 3.3, heavy gauntlets 2, Reinforced red hose with kneecaps 0.9 and a mighty mallet 6.5. So that makes 34.1 of weight to carry. At this amount of weight, does a 3 points in strenght gives you more speed than a 3 points in AGI with one more point in athletics? (Does a build with 27 STR 18 AGI 6 athletics would makes me run faster than a build 24 STR 21 AI 7 Athl carrying 34.1 Weight?

Honestly I doubt you'd notice the difference between 6 and 7 ath while wearing that much armor. Since speed reduction is percentile-based instead of linear, anything that reduces speed hits you hard. It actually affects people with higher athletics MORE than people with less athletics. Armor weight also reduces your movement speed like crazy. So if you took off all that armor you'd notice it, but with that armor on it would be barely noticeable.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline korppis

• Earl
  • Renown: 404
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 03:24:53 pm »
Ah, that explains why switching from pilgrim to lamellar feels like losing half of my athletics.  :?

Offline Nyalan

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Gamer/Artist (Multiclass)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 03:48:08 pm »
Ok, but with more strenght, would the weight penalty be lesser on athletics and AGI? 24 STR is still a lot
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:34:56 pm by Nyalan »

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 08:27:51 pm »
Someone got to make the test. Chrono+run.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 08:29:58 pm »
Ok, but with more strenght, would the weight penalty be lesser on athletics and AGI? 24 STR is still a lot

str lessening weight penalty seems to have been removed.
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!