Author Topic: How to Help Cav and Ranged Help You  (Read 1356 times)

Offline clown1231

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • It's all about having fun.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca (TKoV)
  • Game nicks: BardicPaladin
  • IRC nick: clown1231
How to Help Cav and Ranged Help You
« on: July 30, 2012, 09:30:58 pm »
+4
It happens a lot in cRPG - You're in battle, engaged in duel. Maybe only one enemy is engaged with you, or maybe 2 or 3. A friendly cav comes around and teambumps you, leaving you on the ground to be easily killed by the one(s) you were fighting. Rage ensues. Perhaps instead you get a friendly arrow in the back. Believe it or not, they are trying to help, and the path to victory is much easier to achieve with teamwork.

While some cav just can't be helped, you can at least help the competant cavalry bump your enemies for the kill. If you see a friendly cav moving in to attempt an assist bump, back away from your opponent. Hopefully, the ones you're fighting don't just facehug. This extra space will give the cav an easier bump. If you happen to be fighting one of the more aware ones, they might try to kill the friendly cav as they ride past. In this case, carefully give your enemy a nice slash in the back for their trouble, if you can.

In the case of an archer, sure, some might be a lost cause. However, if an archer is trying to help you, the best thing to do is to manuver so that they have a clear shot of your opponent's rear. While they might still miss your opponent and hit you, at least your opponent is a larger target.

In the end, archers and cav don't want to TK, they want a multiplier, and some like helping. Doing the above can help them help you.

Offline Al_Fast

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: How to Help Cav and Ranged Help You
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 06:28:32 pm »
Uo! Someone said it!

As an archer, sometimes it feels like melee player hate even their team archers when we (at least i) are trying to help and i think it'd be very useful for them to read this because its very nice when being an archer, shoot an enemy engaged in melee and see how your arrow saves a friendly or "stunts" (don't know really how to say it xD) the enemy the time enough that your ally kills or hits him, and of course, when i'm involved in melee and see any archer trying to shoot my enemy, always try to do this (give a clear shot for the archer) and even not let the enemy escape me and pursue the archer.

Sometimes its better that the melee friendly just keeps moving to a side, it's easier to aboid teamhits this way even if it only gives the chance to hit from the side.

And before anyone says "Hey it's you who hit me that day!" (of course i did hit some teammates sometimes, i doubt there is any who archer didn't do it, but of course its not on purpose), i can also say that i really spent time wainting for the right moment to shoot an arrow (or even not shooting but trying to!) trying to help someone engaged in melee, even i remember sometimes shooting into an anemy fighting at the last moment before i can clearly see another enemy killing me...

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 06:33:13 pm »
It happens a lot in cRPG - You're in battle, engaged in duel. Maybe only one enemy is engaged with you, or maybe 2 or 3. A friendly cav comes around and teambumps you, leaving you on the ground to be easily killed by the one(s) you were fighting. Rage ensues. Perhaps instead you get a friendly arrow in the back. Believe it or not, they are trying to steal your hard earned kill.

Fixed..

Dont be naive lmao  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 06:36:23 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 06:37:41 pm »
Believe it or not I could care less about my kills and the scoreboard.  I'm trying to kill as many people as possible to help us win the round and keep the multiplier going.  I setup infantry with just as many kills as I "steal" from them.  And I probably save just as many teammates as I "steal" kills from them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 06:39:52 pm »
+3
most of the time when i see teammate fighting 1v1 i go around them seeking for an oportunity to bump enemy so teamate can get a free kill, but often that oportunity never comes, and i end up wasting time circling around and doing nothing helpfull. It would all go allot better if infantry would start thinking, for god sake, im circling around you uselessly, all you have to do is backpedal straight and ill bump him.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 06:42:50 pm »
The worst (for me) is when I come up on my teammates backside and they have no idea I'm there (but in my head I'm thinking "move the fuck out of the way" and then I realize, oh ya, that's hard for them to do if they don't see me).  it even happens to me when I'm on foot that I forget that I have friendly cavalry who might be occasionally trying to help.  Something you have to consciously think about as a footman.

But I agree, if I start circling you and the enemy, it should be pretty obvious that I'm just looking for an opportunity to help you, by either stabbing or bumping the enemy. 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline clown1231

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • It's all about having fun.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca (TKoV)
  • Game nicks: BardicPaladin
  • IRC nick: clown1231
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 03:03:38 am »
+1
I could care less about K/D, it's the multiplyer that I want. What does it matter if they "steal" a kill, if you have a X5?

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 10:50:16 am »
I agree with guys who are raging about shot in back from teammates, that's horrible if you loose lots of healt from teamshot (my arrows hurts, and i know it  :wink:) but most archers want's to help. There arealso many kill stealers, for them the most important is k/d, but i'm not one of them. I just don't care about k/d. For me more important is multi and fun. I just love when i kill someone dueling my teammate and he rage about me 8-). And pls remember: even the best archar can  teamhit you. Sometimes shit happens :P
Archer forever :D

Offline Erebosaither

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Awlpike FTW o/
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Erebosaither
  • IRC nick: Schumetzq
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 11:09:57 am »
It happens a lot in cRPG - You're in battle, engaged in duel. Maybe only one enemy is engaged with you, or maybe 2 or 3. A friendly cav comes around and teambumps you, leaving you on the ground to be easily killed by the one(s) you were fighting. Rage ensues. Perhaps instead you get a friendly arrow in the back. Believe it or not, they are trying to help, and the path to victory is much easier to achieve with teamwork.

While some cav just can't be helped, you can at least help the competant cavalry bump your enemies for the kill. If you see a friendly cav moving in to attempt an assist bump, back away from your opponent. Hopefully, the ones you're fighting don't just facehug. This extra space will give the cav an easier bump. If you happen to be fighting one of the more aware ones, they might try to kill the friendly cav as they ride past. In this case, carefully give your enemy a nice slash in the back for their trouble, if you can.

In the case of an archer, sure, some might be a lost cause. However, if an archer is trying to help you, the best thing to do is to manuver so that they have a clear shot of your opponent's rear. While they might still miss your opponent and hit you, at least your opponent is a larger target.

In the end, archers and cav don't want to TK, they want a multiplier, and some like helping. Doing the above can help them help you.

You are myHERO :wink: (as a cav)

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 11:13:34 am »
I love that gif gazda rofl

Yeah the amount of times I've changed circling direction and the inf I'm trying to help doubles back and blows the angle. Most of the time I just try and go wide and slap the guy over the back of the head to give the inf a better chance at finishing them off.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 11:19:45 am by FRANK_THE_TANK »
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(