Author Topic: Crafting skill levels  (Read 1722 times)

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Crafting skill levels
« on: July 29, 2012, 05:00:41 am »
+3
I think we should be able to see our crafting skill level at all times. This way we will always know what we can craft.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline BASNAK

• King
  • Renown: 1349
  • Infamy: 170
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MolonLave_Garlic
Re: Crafting skill levels
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 05:22:10 pm »
+1

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 08:41:28 pm »
+1
post it somewhere and track chadztexts ?

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 08:46:00 pm »
+2
not necessary, will be thrown into the bin very soon.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 09:23:13 pm »
not necessary, will be thrown into the bin very soon.

Boo!

Seriously, why removing the economy from strategus (and one of two  things that affect it by playing on regular cprg servers)? What next, maybe removing heirlooms and generation bonus and reward just high lvl players ?

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 05:02:58 am »
+1

Boo!

Seriously, why removing the economy from strategus (and one of two  things that affect it by playing on regular cprg servers)? What next, maybe removing heirlooms and generation bonus and reward just high lvl players ?

Please do not use the word "economy" to refer to current horrible method of crafting weapons and armor for strategus.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 05:37:19 am »
It should be about the battles. ZE BATTLES. chadz has seen the light.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 09:15:58 pm »
Please do not use the word "economy" to refer to current horrible method of crafting weapons and armor for strategus.

People use word economy to refer to various ideas. In strat there are few factors that count when you raise and equip an army, and crafting plays most important role.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 10:45:42 am »
+2
I'm with you lech, would like to have known 7 gens ago and just started pushing my turd towards lvl 35 but TBH if crafting hadn't been in the game I would have been able to stop playing a while ago...

Thank you for freeing me chadz, thank you.

AFAIU the new system will work like this;

Upgrade fief to improve the gear it lets you buy aka +1+2+3
Upgrade fief to cut the cost of the gear it lets you buy
I'm hoping Upgrade fief to improve the amount of goods it produces per tick +2+3+4

I think from the not very subtle hints that this is what the future looks like.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 11:55:45 am »
Yeah, it's direction where the strategus is heading: away from individual people skillset, toward clan-fief based system.

Even now, most power wield people who are rank 10, other people "count" only if they a) have high level and play vital role in strategus battles b) have high crafting skills and use it to craft equpment c) do caravan duty d) command the armies

Out of those, if a person want to betray, only a) and b) are vital loss (and b) hurt more). Rest are very easy to replace (ok, maybe lords count too, but only in regard of kicking people off fief - it's faction that accept to rooster so faction can re-take fief with ease).

So instead of giving more power to people, strategus devs take it away and give it to clan ? Stupid. It should be the other way around.

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 03:59:52 pm »
+2
You seem to forget that anybody can buy from a fief and so a clever person could buy rare MWs in one place and then transport them to sell in an area that doesn't have them.

I'm sure a lot of clans will prefer to pay a trusted and dedicated neutral party a small premium, than try and force one of their less active players to make the trade run with the almost certain knowledge that they will get themselves stuck on a river or spend the night out in the open where they will be attacked :D

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 04:27:36 pm »
They need to cut out non-authorized people from being able to buy from someone elses fief. It's kind of ridic that anyone can come into your castle and buy the siege gear they need to attack it.

Crafting can still be tied to crpg play. Maybe you need to like 100,000 ticks or something to upgrade a fief's smithing level.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2012, 10:31:06 am »
They need to cut out non-authorized people from being able to buy from someone elses fief. It's kind of ridic that anyone can come into your castle and buy the siege gear they need to attack it.

Crafting can still be tied to crpg play. Maybe you need to like 100,000 ticks or something to upgrade a fief's smithing level.

Hopefully it will have a "public/private" switch as well as a tax rate.  So we could set it to sell to the public at 10% tax or set it to not sell to anyone outside the clan, if we want.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2012, 10:46:56 am »
+3
It will not have a switch, fief owners will have to allow everyone to buy it at the same rate. There will be a tax though (we have to figure out if we have to cap it).  If you don't want someone buying in your fief (and paying you money for it), attack him.

However, all those infos are taken out of context - there will be many more changes that are far more rageworthy than this, save your strength :)

We might release the plans (those that are not flagged confidential :)) to the public today.

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2012, 10:59:12 am »
+2
Yeah defiantly Slamz those things are a must. Although I'm not sure about shutting people out but being able to leverage a huge tax (500%) would more or less cause that to happen.

I would like to see the ability to levy different tax rates on different things.

So Tax goods sales at one level and item sales at another. That way if you turn your fief into a mass production fief then you can push the cost back up to where it was before and direct sale the cheaper goods to friends and allies.

I would say upgrading the smithing level would have to be tied to in strat gold otherwise it would be distinctly unfair for the smaller clans and when I say smaller I'm not talking FPF small I mean 50 plays and bellow.

Clans like Hospitaller would explode right out the gate because of the size of there player base, not like they won't anyway but if smithing was linked to available ticks then they would just smash it out. Imagine if one of the options is to cut the price of items and 5 days after a large clan takes a fief they cut the price by 50% they would wipe out everything pretty quick and we would get into the battle of the behemoths again, but probably even faster.

I'm actually really looking forward to this way of doing things, I hope it comes together well and can help push trading and smaller groups along.
-----

It basically changes the nature of the game from "S/he who has the most active players wins" to "S/he who is the most organized and creates the largest network wins." it could really change the game a lot.

It will not have a switch, fief owners will have to allow everyone to buy it at the same rate. There will be a tax though (we have to figure out if we have to cap it).  If you don't want someone buying in your fief (and paying you money for it), attack him.

However, all those infos are taken out of context - there will be many more changes that are far more rageworthy than this, save your strength :)

We might release the plans (those that are not flagged confidential :)) to the public today.

JUST FUCKING TELL ME HASN'T YOUR WORTHY MAN SLAVE DONE ENOUGH!

For the love of mustard!
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(