Poll

Would you like a display of how many rounds you won and lost on the website ?

Yes
97 (78.2%)
No
27 (21.8%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Author Topic: Adding a counter for won and lost rounds on the website  (Read 2981 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Adding a counter for won and lost rounds on the website
« on: April 06, 2011, 09:39:33 pm »
+4
We already have a kill counter and a death counter, so what about a "won rounds" counter and a "lost rounds" counter ?

Extremely simple idea, but could prove to be extremely handy, to compare REAL effectiveness on the battlefield.

What do you think ?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 06:45:55 pm by Kafein »

Offline RamsesXXIIX

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Yes, I prey on the weak.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ramses
Re: Adding a counter for won and lost rounds on the website
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 09:52:03 pm »
+1

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 10:58:09 pm »
Extremely simple idea, but could prove to be extremely handy, to compare REAL effectivity on the battlefield.

But Winning/Losing ratio has almost NOTHING to your char. Well, it does a bit, if you are one of those heroes like Phyrex, Tommy etc., but generally, on battlefield, it is the TEAMWORK what is really important.

So winning/losing ratio will NOT show your "REAL effectivity on the battlefield" but just how lucky are you with getting into nice team.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 11:36:46 pm »
If you are leading your team, organizing a squad surely you could flaunt ur W:L ration.

Phaz for example would probably have a funky W:L ratio.
Turtles

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 11:52:08 pm »
That would be awesome.

For example, playing an archer doesn't net much kills, but lots of wounding.

I'd also opt for a "kill assist" score.  That would be awesome.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 09:15:24 am »
+1
But Winning/Losing ratio has almost NOTHING to your char. Well, it does a bit, if you are one of those heroes like Phyrex, Tommy etc., but generally, on battlefield, it is the TEAMWORK what is really important.

So winning/losing ratio will NOT show your "REAL effectivity on the battlefield" but just how lucky are you with getting into nice team.

This is true if you play less than a few dozens rounds (with a stable level and skill), but the value will very quickly tend to your average winning ratio, thus indicating whether, all elements mixed, you are good for your team or not. Heroes like Tommy or Phyrex will have a very nice W/L simply because of their personal ability to kill half the enemy team (don't get me wrong here, there's often teamwork involved to an extent in those heroic moments  :D ). But this can show how much a support character can influence a round too, which is not shown by k/d. The k/d ratio is not a good indicator of your general winning ability (personal skill, teamwork, build and how much do you exploit broken mechanics  :wink: , all together).

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 11:27:48 am »
Shameless bump because this topic isn't popular enough  :mad:

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 04:34:48 pm »
like the idea - but i think you'd see people with the right banners having better W/L ratio :D

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 05:44:42 pm »
If you are leading your team, organizing a squad surely you could flaunt ur W:L ration.

Phaz for example would probably have a funky W:L ratio.

I'm flattered! :) (thanks for the compliment)

It's true though, when i put some effort into organizing my team and getting some tactics in, the x5 seems to be there all the time. The only problem being my lazyness and tiredness, preventing me from focusing all the time and doing tactics all the rounds.
I find that tactics work best when you stick with it for an hour or two. That way, the whole team gets used to doing tactics as a group and leading becomes much easier and needs a lot less typing.

I wonder what my W : L ratio has been the last few generations. So a counter for won and lost rounds on the website would be great!

Offline AgentQ

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 08:58:03 pm »
+1

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 02:00:43 am »
I agree with Garison. While this may be a decently good idea, I'd MUCH prefer an Assist counter on my Character sheet on the website, and more importantly, ON THE ROUNDS SCORE BOARD. That way those people who have 0(K)-4(D) on the score board can be recognized for their (probable) 5+(A). It sucks looking at the score board after 7 rounds and I might have 0-4, but I know I contributed a Lot to the team in the form of damaging a lot of enemies, while friendlies finished them off.

Offline IG_Saint

• Count
  • Renown: 196
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: IG
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 02:27:26 am »
I agree with Garison. While this may be a decently good idea, I'd MUCH prefer an Assist counter on my Character sheet on the website, and more importantly, ON THE ROUNDS SCORE BOARD. That way those people who have 0(K)-4(D) on the score board can be recognized for their (probable) 5+(A). It sucks looking at the score board after 7 rounds and I might have 0-4, but I know I contributed a Lot to the team in the form of damaging a lot of enemies, while friendlies finished them off.

I'd love an assist counter, unfortunately I'm pretty sure it's impossible to do. As to rounds won/lost, I'll say add it, if it's easy to do, if it's a lot of work, I'd say the devs have more important things to do.

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 02:51:14 am »
Alas, I believe you correct in the impossibility of it. In order for it to work, I'd assume that you'd need a way to track the % of damage done by each attacker, and by whom, and yadda yadda yadda. I agree that if it's easy, and doesn't detract from working on things that actually matter, then add it, but as Saint said, there's more important stuff to do.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 04:06:45 pm »
I think tracking assists is indeed complicated, but won and lost rounds should not.

Offline Cosmos_Shielder

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • French Connection Leader
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Roland De Gilead
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 03:11:08 am »

Chance may get you on the lucky team as much time as it get you on the unlucky team. so the (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers) assure you that the importance of lucky win toward merited win will decrease such O(Sqrt(n)/n).
It may be a great clue about your influence in teamplay!