Author Topic: Are lolstabbes gonna be fixed??  (Read 5937 times)

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Are lolstabbes gonna be fixed??
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 04:57:59 am »
how would you even suggest that they are fixed?  How are they broken?

Offline WaltF4

• Baron
  • Renown: 131
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 07:48:47 am »
Polearms already have longer reach on swings and fast animations...

Not really. The overhead swing animation for two-handed weapons gives them the reach of a polearm 30 length longer. The side swing animations for two-handed weapons gives them the reach of a polearm about 20 length longer. I recently tested the new thrust animation for two-handed weapons and determined that it gives them the reach of a polearm of about 65 length longer. You can test the thrust reach difference yourself with a practice longsword, scythe, long awlpike, and a wall if you need more convincing.

I have shown that it takes the same amount of time to complete an attack with a two-handed weapon and polearm with the same weapon speed. I would guess there is probably very little difference in the actual time between releasing a swing and it landing a hit for both types of weapons as I have seen roughly equal number of claims of two-handed weapons and polearm each seeming to be faster than the other.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 08:41:28 am »
Polearms already have longer reach on swings

2h
Overhead = +15
Left-to-right = +17
Right-to-left = +13
Thrust = +30

2h Polearms
Overhead = -15
Left-to-right = -7
Right-to-left = -2
Thrust = +19

trololo

But I don't actually mind that. Or the lolstab damage. I just hate the fact that it can be machinegunned. It's so damn fast.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 08:47:09 am by Vibe »

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 08:41:44 am »
and with that all spears will be useless and the only thing which stay is twohander over all

So you find it natural to be able to stab at point blank with a spear but not with a 2H.

trololo

The +80 on thrust is the old pre-patch animantion, now it has been nerfed to ~+30. Try fighting vs a Glaive with a German Greatsword and you will see the 158 range right swing outreaches your stab.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 08:45:23 am by Punisher »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2011, 08:47:44 am »
The +80 on thrust is the old pre-patch animantion, now it has been nerfed to ~+30. Try fighting vs a Glaive with a German Greatsword and you will see the 158 range right swing outreaches your stab.

Ah didn't know that. I just know I'm having a hard time outreaching a german lolstab with my LHB.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2011, 08:59:21 am »
....but...but......if you remove/nerf the lolstab then Bjord & Co. will become just a bunch of average players.....?   :?
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Corwin

• Earl
  • Renown: 499
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Corwin_the_Lazy
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 09:25:39 am »
Polearms already have longer reach on swings and fast animations, there would be no reason to stay with 2h if there is no more lolstab.
If anything, there would be less 2h and more polearm users.
This.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 09:27:11 am by Corwinus »
I mean, what have you got to lose? You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing, what have you lost? Nothing!

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen Of Fenada
  • Game nicks: Opiumdk
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 09:32:17 am »
I agree that lolstab is OP, however lolstab is also the only fucking reason to pick 2h over polearm.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Punisher

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Punisher
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 09:36:09 am »
I agree that lolstab is OP, however lolstab is also the only fucking reason to pick 2h over polearm.

+1, that's why I think for the sake of balance the only thing that needs fixing is removing point blank spinthrusts from ALL weapons, so the thrust attack is useful from distance, otherwise it bounces. Nerfing it's damage, speed or range(that was already nerfed with the new animation) would just make it useless.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 09:37:13 am by Punisher »

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2011, 10:58:52 am »
you wouldnt have to reduce all piercing damage

if it's a problem then pierce damage for particular weapons can be reduced

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2011, 12:02:40 pm »
Not really. The overhead swing animation for two-handed weapons gives them the reach of a polearm 30 length longer. The side swing animations for two-handed weapons gives them the reach of a polearm about 20 length longer. I recently tested the new thrust animation for two-handed weapons and determined that it gives them the reach of a polearm of about 65 length longer. You can test the thrust reach difference yourself with a practice longsword, scythe, long awlpike, and a wall if you need more convincing.

I have shown that it takes the same amount of time to complete an attack with a two-handed weapon and polearm with the same weapon speed. I would guess there is probably very little difference in the actual time between releasing a swing and it landing a hit for both types of weapons as I have seen roughly equal number of claims of two-handed weapons and polearm each seeming to be faster than the other.

Yes, I know about the bonus reach for 2h, but the currently most used polearms, which are LHB and probably Glaive have both longer reach on swings than 2h even after you do the math. Also, I'm not saying it swings faster, only that the animation is fast. The part of animation where you chamber your attack is slower but the act of actual swinging the polearm is fast. I guess that's one of the reasons many people find chambering polearms harder than anything else.

And as far as I know, when cmpx was discussing this in some other thread, he made it clear that the change of stab would be for all weapons, not just 2h. (but hey, dont take my word on it, that's what I remember from the thread)

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2011, 12:29:57 pm »

True.
Funny thing, there is german and danish sword that give you just one real adv. - the stabdmg. + stabrange.

Thats 2 weapons and one ONE attack direction (danish is more of a long allrounder).

I got a german and a 2h masterw. and only german has that one adv. Its cut dmg. is ok but nothing special.

Okay, now polearms.

There is atleast 4 if not more weapons that have drasticlly better (or absolutly equal) output/range/ in 3/4 of the attack
directions, specially when loomed.

LHSM doing 40+ BLUNT with knockdown.
GLA doing 53 cut + shield eater
Glaive just being loooong.
LHB the most spamable weapon ever.
and so on...

Thats all ok, but taking the stab away will kill 2handed play whenever you are not going to blockcrush.

Would simply be stupid.

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2011, 12:45:13 pm »
Afaik, all the spears have 4 attacks. That's hardly useless if lolstab gets removed.
And rendering awlpikes useless (not a spear, I know). It's too short to be an effective support weapon and with any turnstabbing, it's useless in 1v1 too.

And your assumption that everyone will use 2h... Polearms already have longer reach on swings and fast animations, there would be no reason to stay with 2h if there is no more lolstab.

Wut? 2h has longer reach on swings and faster animations than polearms.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Nurax

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Blah...
  • Game nicks: Hiragano
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2011, 01:05:47 pm »
One way to "nerf" lolstab a bit, is to fix hitting thorugh the ground. I mean on stone gorund you cant hit through the ground. Just do it on "normal" ground too. Just an idea ;)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2011, 02:11:45 pm »
Afaik, all the spears have 4 attacks. That's hardly useless if lolstab gets removed. And your assumption that everyone will use 2h... Polearms already have longer reach on swings and fast animations, there would be no reason to stay with 2h if there is no more lolstab.
LIES!

Edit: Oh wait there was another page, my post isnt really relevant anymore.