Author Topic: Red Lotus (RL)  (Read 25614 times)

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Red Lotus (RL)
« Reply #255 on: October 14, 2012, 10:35:38 pm »
Pretty sure RL was kinda something before you got mixed in.

Too bad I founded Red Lotus. lol

Offline SteelFalcon

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Oda Nobunaga, Hykima, Tirnian, Fjarn, Madina, Tetsugai
« Reply #256 on: October 14, 2012, 11:02:27 pm »
+1
I'll take some responsibility, I was offered an officer role, and would have gladly been the liaison between RL and the shogunate... unfortunately real life got in the way... It leaves me deeply saddened to see what has happened to my beloved Red Lotus... I don't know where the blame goes, its a disappointing end, I don't know that blame really needs to be assigned.  I do know that there are still some great people involved in this... I also know the frustration of putting so much into something then seeing it fall and being blamed. I also know that I'm still really fuzzy on what happened in strat... I was very active for several months during which we had several active officers, we were growing everyday, and were dominating siege in groups of 5-15, I left for two weeks and returned to find a clan that had fallen apart, leadership resigning, officers and soldiers inactive or quitting, and the shogunate in ruins, due mostly to the inactivity of the mid-grade officers... The fact is that because of the lack of mid-grade officers, recruitment fell apart and there was little to no communication between the lower ranks and the two most active leaders... For example... I, being in TS nearly everyday, was not aware that we were even at war until a week into it and talked to almost all the lower level red lotus members who also knew nothing about it... I know how much effort Auphilia and Nomin put into this and I think that if we're to blame anyone, its the officers who were supposed to take the info from the leaders to the lower grades and, once again, the lack of active officers in Red Lotus (to a large degree because of real life issues).
I don't know where we're going from here. If this is it then so be it, but I won't just forget the times we had together. So, someone please keep all of us commoners informed as to the next step, are we done? or are we going to, as Churchill put it, "Keep buggering on."?
“You seem to be under the misconception that if you perform one brave deed, that alone makes you a samurai. Well it doesn't! You let that one act of loyalty convince you of your righteousness. The more convinced you became, the more harm you caused yourself and everyone else.”
~Miyamoto Musashi
"Duty is heavier than a mountain; death is lighter than a feather."
~Robert Jordan

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #257 on: October 14, 2012, 11:11:42 pm »
+2
Really, Auphilia... I'm not blaming you any more than I am blaming everyone in the Shogunate, including me. Which is not much blame at all. No one likes/liked strategus, so no one wanted to play or lead it. There's nothing wrong with not playing a game you do not like.

The armies on the rest of the members are irrelevant because they do not have enough gold to support the added upkeep nor equipment. I said that I have no interest in leading Strategus, so I asked Vaynes if he wanted to. He did. Then he vanished for a few days and quit due to real life issues. This is completely fine and understandable. Once again. Don't play it, if you don't enjoy it. I will not lead this faction to a new beginning. The only thing I ever promised to you was to lead it to its end. And then I will quit aswell. This is why I will not organize new trading routes, nor will I take the fiefs from Remnants in the desert, and that is why I had to decline the 8 guys who wanted to join(they added me on steam). They can form their own faction. If they are truly 8 active guys, then they already have more than we had the last weeks. Thursday and Friday night I stayed up 'til 6 AM just to make this happen, because that's EU timezones for you. I also have been working with Braeden to synchronize our assaults. Your negotiations for you safe passage back to Halmar almost failed in PhantomZero's absense. Count Berenger on their forums told the LLJK to fight you anyway, regardless of your agreement with Phantom(I do not know why), so I had to quickly convince Berenger aswell to let you pass. While doing that I also negotiated Nomins safe return to Peshmi. The same evening I posted my announcement I finished the Remnant deal with Noodles and Sauce, and told them that they will receive their fiefs even if they have to attack those owned by the inactive members. In exchange for the inconevenience they could keep their fiefs that were meant to us. I had originally planned to give them to Chevaliers, but their support of the Hosp invasion made me scrap that idea and just leave the fiefs to Remnants who were our greatest friends.

I do not mean to demean your contributions. But do not mistake me of being completely idle after you left. Just because I didn't tell you everything, doesn't mean I didn't do anything. I simply didn't want to bother you with strategus stuff more than I had to, since you made it clear you did not want to do it anymore.

Any battles caused by members will be meaningless. There will be no one signing up to fight them. If they wish to fight they must create a new faction to get battles, then they are free to do so. However, they will not do this in the name of Josho Shogunate.

My actions against Hosps are completely reasonable. You were convinced that every major faction was against you(except Hosps). You hated the idea of other factions ganging up on us. Well. So do I. I never hid my attitude toward these huge alliances and I would have resisted a TKoV invasion or an FCC invasion on Hero Party just as much as I resist a Hosp invasion. Why? Because it's the right thing to do. Because it causes an even conflict. Because it creates better battles. And that's what Strat is to me. I don't want to see one faction beat another just because they have more members. I want to see them win due to organization, strategy, skill, etc. I merely evened out a conflict that was in the larger factions favour. As I will always do. I dedicated the last action of the Shogunate to oppose such actions from larger clans. If the war had been merely between Chevaliers and Hero Party, I would not have gotten myself involved in it and I would have done something else with the army. Perhaps even invade LLJK to get a final battle at their walls.

Strategus must never become personal to anyone leading it. And I know how much time one can spend on and how it can make you hate certain factions. But you have to remember that all factions are simply playing the game. Hating someone for playing it is just meaningless. This is why I appealed to our former enemies to help me in my last action. I never hated them. They were a cause to battle. And now, they may help me to create a few more battles.

If any active members wish to continue participating in strategus, then they will have to do it from the ground up. Just like you did. Maybe then they will understand what it takes.

As always Auphilia, I thank you for creating an excellent strategus experience, however short it was. Same with Nomin. If Nomin would not have stepped up, I would probably have either assisted you or become a true leader and by now I would have failed my university courses. This past week I've worked my ass off to do all the assignments and study for all my tests. The reason why the Shogunate ended with you and Nomin leaving is because you were the only ones with enough time or will to lead. All of those in your list had by all intents and purposes quit before you quit. I was hanging around and kept frequent contact and ideas, but I did not fulfill my role either. When Nomin seemed to want to do it, I was thrilled to let him do it. And felt guilty when he could not cope with it.

To Count Berenger: Auphilia created the Red Lotus clan.

To SteelFalcon: Any of you RL guys can keep the clan going. The Ninja clan does not suffer from the dismantling of the Shogunate. In the contrary, most of us are relieved to go back to what our lives where before this strat started. Even though strat requires organization, a clan does not. Without Vaynes, you guys should still be friends and enjoy playing together. That is what Ninjas are. A group of people who enjoy playing together, not a group of people forced by an officer to play together. Keep RL going, if you guys still want to The large part of the armies in shogunate is marching to its end. If anyone wishes to begin anew, you guys have some forces and gold between your members. Simply create a new faction and try and make it happen if you have the will to do it. It will take a large chunk of your time.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 11:26:21 pm by Ninja_Khorin »

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 14, 2012, 11:21:48 pm »
+1
Too bad I founded Red Lotus. lol

Touché. You beat me this time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 14, 2012, 11:33:58 pm »
What has become of us.  :cry:

lolz

Yeah, I know you were putting work in as well. I didn't mean to say no one was doing anything. I was still on board with the ending and was made aware of your doings. We were both talking together when we first mentioned to give those two fiefs to Chevaliers. We talked again when we changed our minds about it, as they have not fulfilled their word of independence and pretty much made anyone involved in it look like fools. I was still talking to noodles up until the day you actually transferred the fiefs.

As for the LLJK stuff, I was told that multiple people were involved in the cease fire. People outside of the shogunate even. I appreciate anyone's effort in that. Although, I wouldn't expect them to fight Nomin's army of over 700 troops after suffering heavy losses in the past few days. The most I would have expected was to have my own personal army defeated, which might have delayed the deal with remnants, but for as long as the deal took, I could have possibly made it back by then regardless.

I don't imagine Red Lotus will die. Weeaboos will be weeaboos, regardless of the color of their banner. Red Lotus is just there to offer them a home in NA. That is what it was when I founded it, and that is what it should always be, regardless of how active it becomes.

Offline Ronin_Shae

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Red Lotus
  • Game nicks: RL_Koyakunin_Shae
« Reply #260 on: October 14, 2012, 11:44:57 pm »
+1
well thank you red lotus, Auphilia and all the officers in charge here . for everything, for the home for the new friends. i had hoped to stay here and fight more with you guys. but im going to keep fighting for the shogunate I am a samurai and thats all i know how to do.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #261 on: October 14, 2012, 11:51:00 pm »
I was not afraid of losing Nomin losing a battle. I was afraid of him being delayed by more peasant armies. At the time we had no trade going on, so every day our cash reserves were diminishing. This is why it was important to get everyone back as quickly as possible. I even tried to convine Phantom to let Ninja_Phnxbow go, which Phantom attacked on Thursday, since he had a lot of trade goods, but I had nothing to offer in return but vague promises of my intent, being reluctant to reveal my plans.

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #262 on: October 17, 2012, 07:15:15 am »
TLDR I was always active and would have stepped up, but there was some lack of communication within RL. I see i we dont even have a proper banner now. Next generation most likely will try knight so cyall in calradia maybe

Offline parrish

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rōnin
  • Game nicks: RL_Koshogumi_parrish, Parrisher, Parrishitzune
« Reply #263 on: October 19, 2012, 04:13:00 am »
Wow im gone because of school and this happens...ouch

Offline Atticus3891

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Red Lotus
  • Game nicks: RL_Koyakunin_Priest_Lupus, Lord_Jaques_de_Molay, Salina_Hattori
« Reply #264 on: October 22, 2012, 04:28:24 am »
Come back from Italy, become a doctor and this happens....shit! Thought something was brewing, wasnt sure. Parish, Chingchong all the guys I helped recruit, I'm sorry you all had to see this. Erm....what now?
If you are my enemy...you will die
If you are my friend...you will die
I am a madman with a Nodachi, do NOT stand near, I cannot differentiate in the heat of battle.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 22, 2012, 04:41:32 am »
+1
Gentlemen, you can rebuild it. You have the technology. You have the capability to build the world's first bionic clan. Red Lotus will be that clan. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #266 on: October 22, 2012, 05:52:42 am »
+1
You open your arms to someone who would attack a shogunate castle.

I sought to redeem myself to all the Japanophiles because of my actions against the Josho Shogunate and Khorin graciously accepted my services when I asked him to allow me to aid in his quest, until I am no longer needed.

If this is not enough, I ask everyone to place their discontent solely upon me and I will bare this burden for all of you. Even though I'm the exiled rogue ninja, I still want to see you all banded together to continue being such an awesome part of the crpg community.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 22, 2012, 07:06:22 am »
I sought to redeem myself to all the Japanophiles because of my actions against the Josho Shogunate and Khorin graciously accepted my services when I asked him to allow me to aid in his quest, until I am no longer needed.

If this is not enough, I ask everyone to place their discontent solely upon me and I will bare this burden for all of you. Even though I'm the exiled rogue ninja, I still want to see you all banded together to continue being such an awesome part of the crpg community.

lol, no one here even knows about what you did besides me and Khorin. So I wouldn't really expect any discontentment. Khorin forgives you and I left the shogunate, and with me all previous diplomatic relationships.

I'm not sure there is anyone in Red Lotus willing to lead, but if there is, they should take this opportunity to make it known. Otherwise, what is left of Red Lotus will fade away.

Offline SteelFalcon

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Oda Nobunaga, Hykima, Tirnian, Fjarn, Madina, Tetsugai
« Reply #268 on: October 23, 2012, 05:06:45 pm »
I think Mori is our best bet at this point. I unfortunately have some serious business happening in real life right now... I'll try and get a hold of Mori or maybe organize the remainder of the faction enough that we can select a leader who has the time, energy, capability, and dedication to lead...
“You seem to be under the misconception that if you perform one brave deed, that alone makes you a samurai. Well it doesn't! You let that one act of loyalty convince you of your righteousness. The more convinced you became, the more harm you caused yourself and everyone else.”
~Miyamoto Musashi
"Duty is heavier than a mountain; death is lighter than a feather."
~Robert Jordan

Offline parrish

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rōnin
  • Game nicks: RL_Koshogumi_parrish, Parrisher, Parrishitzune
« Reply #269 on: October 25, 2012, 06:04:37 am »
Yea and on monday I will be swearing into the Army. So ill be a bit more busier.