Author Topic: Grappling  (Read 939 times)

Offline Ujio

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Grappling
« on: July 26, 2012, 05:36:18 pm »
Grappling, who's for it? Who's against it?

Feel free to post how you think it should be implemented, or why you feel it shouldn't be implemented.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"By protecting Men, you save yourself."

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
Re: Grappling
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 05:47:05 pm »
+5
Good luck coding, animating and balancing that.

Would be interesting though.
And how!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 05:56:15 pm »
+4
Like this?

FUCK YEAH!

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 05:57:50 pm »
+1
I would be for it, it would be a ++ for teamwork/formations, people couldn't run into 5 people and spaz away. They would just get tackled and helplessly killed on ground like in reality.

Offline Protemus

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 270
  • cRPG Player
  • EZ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan EZ kills
  • Game nicks: niluK_the_Annoying aka EZ
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 06:04:50 pm »
As much as I know,grappling is used in martial arts with your bare hands and foots,not with weapon,so I'm not sure how could you implement it in cRPG

my suggestion is make a chain with the hook as a new 1h/2h weapon so that you can hook an enemy,and drag him to yourself,specialy good against fleeing archers and other range bundle of stickss,the crosshair for it would be like for throwing,maybe a bit better and while doing it you would be vulnerable to anyone or anything like missiles in which case you would stop with drag animation (about damage,maybe something minimal,like that freaking Torch with 8 blunt damage,it would be mostly support weapon)

I'm not sure is this possible,or would it be fair and balanced but I just can't imagine grappling to be added because that's for martial art not medieval combat
Quote from: Melee Gaming
Protemus, You have received a warning for non-relevant posts in ban section also for personal attacks with disgusting insults on the forums. Chill out and enjoy the game. Regards, cRPG Team

Offline Largg

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 36
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 06:30:37 pm »
I'd love to have some sweaty dick punching in this game.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 06:34:24 pm »
There's a suggestion forum and this has been discussed at least once. I think the latest topic was started less than a month ago.

- Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Ujio

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 06:40:41 pm »
Why has this been moved to the Suggestions corner? I wasn't suggesting it, only wanted to discuss it.

I'm assuming this has probably been suggested a good few times

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 07:04:52 pm »
Could be awesome if you add a fail % depending on the str difference. Ofc a big stagger would apply when you fail :P

Offline Ujio

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 10:38:52 pm »
Good luck coding, animating and balancing that.

Would be interesting though.

Thought I'd read somewhere that the Devs were thinking of adding this. Must be mistaken

As much as I know,grappling is used in martial arts with your bare hands and foots,not with weapon,so I'm not sure how could you implement it in cRPG

my suggestion is make a chain with the hook as a new 1h/2h weapon so that you can hook an enemy,and drag him to yourself,specialy good against fleeing archers and other range bundle of stickss,the crosshair for it would be like for throwing,maybe a bit better and while doing it you would be vulnerable to anyone or anything like missiles in which case you would stop with drag animation (about damage,maybe something minimal,like that freaking Torch with 8 blunt damage,it would be mostly support weapon)

I'm not sure is this possible,or would it be fair and balanced but I just can't imagine grappling to be added because that's for martial art not medieval combat

Martial arts existed during Medieval times, and could be used with or without weapons. Grappling was especially effective against Armored opponents, where striking or Cutting with a blade might not be so effective, but bending of joints and Gravity (The bigger they are the harder they fall) would be

Could be awesome if you add a fail % depending on the str difference. Ofc a big stagger would apply when you fail :P

Nah, I think if it was Strength based, it would make Strength builds overpowered (Would be a really unfair advantage over Agility builds), and everyone would end up a Strength build.

If it was to be % dependent, I think it would have to be dependent on some sort of "Grappling skill"
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 11:03:57 pm by Ujio »

Offline Argoth

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Argoth
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 06:34:36 am »

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,29161.0.html