Author Topic: The War Z  (Read 32304 times)

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
Re: The War Z
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2012, 04:58:00 am »
Sorry Noodles, I've been really sick and keep vomiting so I can't even play a game without getting up and War-Z isn't exactly a game you can pause.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #181 on: December 07, 2012, 03:28:46 pm »
Seems to be serious scam... with admins cheating while playing on a public server (last video)  :mrgreen:

Just take a look...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 07, 2012, 04:00:52 pm »
Seems to be serious scam... with admins cheating while playing on a public server (last video)  :mrgreen:

Just take a look...

This guy is so freaking annoying to listen to. I hardly could resist stopping the second video at the end.

Btw I don't get all the fuzz about developpers cheating. In the context of a serious company doing it to test and improve the game, that's not wrong.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 04:22:07 pm by Kafein »

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #183 on: December 07, 2012, 07:21:39 pm »
This guy is so freaking annoying to listen to. I hardly could resist stopping the second video at the end.

Btw I don't get all the fuzz about developpers cheating. In the context of a serious company doing it to test and improve the game, that's not wrong.

Spawning rare equipment for your buddies hardly counts as improving the game. But hey, at least he was going to turn into a terminator to hunt bandits instead of innocent survivors.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #184 on: December 07, 2012, 11:13:52 pm »
I haven't played this game for a little while now because the last play session me and my friends had, we encountered hacker after hacker and it got really boring, it's amazing how a community can destroy a game so quickly.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #185 on: December 08, 2012, 09:34:44 pm »
Give it some time, I still have hope that the game will come out fine. Once they get the hackers under control it will be all good.

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #186 on: December 09, 2012, 09:35:58 am »
+2
I've been playing it.  Serious fun, but you gotta be fine with losing everything.  Right now its a KoS shitfest, but I actually made friends with 2 complete strangers, in the military base of all places.  Held off 4 guys with a .22, a hammer, and a shotgun, while they had 3 M16s, and an AK.  Granted, it was the first success story in a line of pathetic encounters in clearview and campos, getting shit on by everybody.

All games are dumb anyway.  Its entirely who you play with and you're attitude toward it.  Even the most glaring issues with the game so far have made it a fun experience though.  Anybody else try to run down a steep hill yet?  I instantly died while walking down a hill, and busted out laughing.  One of the other guys I was with turns around and runs toward where I died to see what happened, and he died.  So the 3rd guy calls us both retards and has to carry all our good stuff and crouch walk down a mountainside, almost parallel to the slope, stopping every 10 ft so he doesn't die.

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 19, 2012, 11:01:13 am »
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-war-z/1226980p1.html

Should read it if you're playing it or planning to buy!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 19, 2012, 11:08:20 am »
As said, it's their previous game (War Inc) with modded in zombies, some loot and a slighty bigger map. Love those steam details compared to what the game really offers you.

I still laugh at the "MMO" tag they have given this game, too.

Also gotta love the ever ignorant, idiotic Titov:

I can assure you that based on what we're seeing and number of people who post bad comments are small percentage...
Sergey Titov: I'm sure there'll be people who will look into small details and will say "no I was mislead," where in fact they imagined something to themselves without checking details first. I'm sure that Steam have it's refund policies that should handle those situations.

lmao

Sergey Titov: And we've corrected text on Steam. As I've said -- it was done less than 18 hours after we've started selling game. After that -- after text was changed -- over 7 hours passed.

GameSpy: Steam still says -- I'm looking at it right now -- "Up to 100 players per game server." That is a false claim.

Sergey Titov: Let me ask you -- what YOU think we should put there, since we do not know what number of slots will be on official servers tomorrow -- 20,30, 50, 70 or 100?

ahahah, dying here

There's no such thing as "Release" for an online game.

The amount of dumb is reaching dangerous levels
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 11:20:00 am by Vibe »

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 19, 2012, 11:25:47 am »
My favourite is, when asked about maps and their promised size, "Over 100 sq km" falls in "100 to 400" right?"  :mrgreen:

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 19, 2012, 11:27:55 am »
Meh, ppl lie to make money, nothing to see here move along.

Although, while I try to keep an open mind and not be a bigot, this continues to paint eastern europe in a bad light.

But tbh: Did you SEE War Inc? I laughed when it went on sale, a game worse than f2p games of same genre but they want money?

Also from Eastern europe: The biggest joke in gaming, World of Tanks....I'm now seeing commercials for this on the TV in western europe and the US....WHY are ppl still throwing money at 3rd and 4th rate developers? Buy presents for your kids/loved ones, dont throw it at ex soviet block con artists ffs, wake up.
I don't know enough

Offline Molly

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2012, 11:48:56 am »
Meh, ppl lie to make money, nothing to see here move along.

Although, while I try to keep an open mind and not be a bigot, this continues to paint eastern europe in a bad light.

But tbh: Did you SEE War Inc? I laughed when it went on sale, a game worse than f2p games of same genre but they want money?

Also from Eastern europe: The biggest joke in gaming, World of Tanks....I'm now seeing commercials for this on the TV in western europe and the US....WHY are ppl still throwing money at 3rd and 4th rate developers? Buy presents for your kids/loved ones, dont throw it at ex soviet block con artists ffs, wake up.
I keep wondering the same: Why would anyone actually buy this pile of crap?

I am checking the Steam forums on WarZ atm and there is a hellfire going on :D
They made one of the moderators from the WarZ-forum moderator on the Steam forum and he just went off, banning dozens of people for stating "Don't buy it! It's crap! It's a freaking scam!"... Kinda entertaining to watch everyone going nuts about this. Now even some Steam-Officials made statements, promising to look into the bans and accusations :D

Bad PR for Valve too. I guess they are scratching their heads too right now...

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2012, 12:01:04 pm »

I play world of tanks for a laugh and casual gaming. It's not bad and it's free. There's absolutely 0 reason to spend money on it as it doesn't take long to grind the upgrades. Not compared with games like Tribes.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2012, 12:21:47 pm »
I play world of tanks for a laugh and casual gaming. It's not bad and it's free. There's absolutely 0 reason to spend money on it as it doesn't take long to grind the upgrades. Not compared with games like Tribes.

Doesnt take THAT much time, true, but it's SO BORING. 1 fire mode, 1 control mode, 1 gamemode, 0 fun.
I don't know enough

Offline Doppel

• Count
  • Renown: 182
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2012, 08:28:30 pm »
http://kotaku.com/5969836/the-war-z-removed-from-steam

The scam is gone on steam... for now.