Author Topic: The War Z  (Read 34551 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: The War Z
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2012, 09:26:04 am »
You can find it in game.

find a magazine here and there, but mostly you're out of ammo, kind of implies you have to buy it in the cash shop if you want to use that sweet gun you just found

people do say that ammo isn't going to be in the shop come release though, I'll believe it when I see it

Offline CaveSquirrel

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ayween_the_Quail
  • IRC nick: CaveSquirrel
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2012, 01:56:36 pm »
+1
I myself am rarely out of ammo, if you use the more common weapons you should always have enough, for example the 9mm Jericho, AKM and so on.

I got for my 9mm 3 Mags, for my AKM 5 or 4.

Also found a forward grip at a dead player yesterday, was 2 guys following us out of a farm, probably tried to kill us from behind with their little hammers, asked them what they want. Didn't answer though and I killed them when they broke my 10m rule.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • Renown: 360
  • Infamy: 145
  • pls
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Friends with Benefits
  • Game nicks: Noodles
  • IRC nick: Noodles
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2012, 02:05:00 pm »
+1
dude. you buy ammo.

Well, you can, but only with cash you obtain in game and you only obtain maybe $75 from 1/7 zombies you kill. Ammo costs like $7500. It wont be common for people to buy ammo. It's only like a trader you stumble across and you have this left over money that is pretty much useless, you looted a gun two months ago that's rare and you have yet to use it because you haven't found any ammo yet. Buy the one magazine or clip and off you go grinding and playing for two more months before you can buy another.
Quote from: Testicleez
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 05, 2012, 05:41:09 pm »
But you don't HAVE to.  You can find it in game.  Look man if you like dayz more that's cool but stop putting out misinformation.

You can't buy guns or backpacks or anything like that.

seems you fanboys are the ones putting out misinformation here, what I said is true; you can buy ammo, food, medicine, scopes. not just comestic items.

maybe you would like to explain why am I wrong. i'd admit to misunderstanding something since I haven't actually played the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Us9YcjUWCg

as I understand you have 2 currency types; gold coins and dollars, both found ingame. gold coins you can buy, in the above video you can buy AK ammo for 1 gold coin. ergo the assumtion that if you are willing to spend some RL money you have infinite ammo. infinite ammo with AK in dayz would mean you would never die to a zombie. ever.

and then theres medicine/food etc.

basically this stuff might be acceptable in a f2p game.

Offline CaveSquirrel

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 40
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ayween_the_Quail
  • IRC nick: CaveSquirrel
« Reply #124 on: November 05, 2012, 06:05:00 pm »
Btw. when you go to the market there is that green sign next to the Dollar and GC, what's that?

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2012, 06:30:16 pm »
+1
seems you fanboys are the ones putting out misinformation here, what I said is true; you can buy ammo, food, medicine, scopes. not just comestic items.

maybe you would like to explain why am I wrong. i'd admit to misunderstanding something since I haven't actually played the game.

as I understand you have 2 currency types; gold coins and dollars, both found ingame. gold coins you can buy, in the above video you can buy AK ammo for 1 gold coin. ergo the assumtion that if you are willing to spend some RL money you have infinite ammo. infinite ammo with AK in dayz would mean you would never die to a zombie. ever.

I am at work and can't watch the video, but if what you say is true, then it's alpha footage, a test, or a hacker. The game is no longer in that stage and it is not like that now. Everything in the game marketplace is so expensive that it is impossible to be able to buy ammo, scopes, or anything worthwhile consistently unless you're rich IRL. Everything you can buy lasts once, it's not persistent. To reiterate, you cannot buy guns, or bigger backpacks or anything that is truly game changing. Play the game or GTFO of the thread.

The game is fucking amazing. #realtalk
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 06:34:39 pm by Emotion »
Noodles (Nibbles): One of my top dawgs. A godly c-rpg player and a chill ass muhfucka'. He's supposed to be adopting me once he gets married. One day I'll get him to order me a pizza… One day.

Offline Sarpton

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hurlbat
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2012, 06:50:45 pm »
+2
I'm hardly a fanboy, and if your getting your information from old videos then its not current information thus it IS misinformation.  I have a spare 48 hour key if you would like to try it out and actually TRY the game before you make your decision on if its poop or not. 

Really it is a different game than dayz and I find it indescribably better than dayz.  But it's not for everyone; no game is.   But it is alot more fun and doesn't have warping zombies that run faster than you and NEVER give up, and is generally more fun. 

*** Misinformation is false or inaccurate information that is spread unintentionally. It is distinguished from disinformation by motive in that misinformation is simply erroneous, while disinformation, in contrast, is intended to mislead.

Btw. when you go to the market there is that green sign next to the Dollar and GC, what's that?

Those are stem cells you get from special zombies I think.  But I'm not sure if its actually in game just yet.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 06:54:08 pm by necron232 »

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2012, 07:33:57 pm »

I too believe it is Stem Cells from special zombies that require great tactics or a group to kill. Apparently they are incredibly hard to defeat. To my knowledge, they are not implemented yet.

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #128 on: November 05, 2012, 08:12:34 pm »
Always remember to peek around corner in 3rd person and use your 'nocs around corners in 3rd person.

Also, do you guys always spawn/respawn in the exact same location on every character you have?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:17:11 pm by Kelugarn »

Offline Emotion

• Earl
  • pls
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 05, 2012, 08:21:24 pm »
Always remember to peek around corner in 3rd person and use your 'nocs around corners in 3rd person.

Also, do you guys always spawn/respawn in the exact same location on every character you have?

Negative sir.

Offline Kelugarn

• Marshall
  • Renown: 936
  • Infamy: 79
  • #̪͎̳̭̰͓͙ͯ͗̇͘ͅͅ1̢ͨ̈̆̓ͮ͐̌͏̪̦͓̣ ̽̇ͫ҉̸͕̻͙͖̮̹ͅN̡̥̭͖͙ͮ͊͡
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
  • Game nicks: Froyo The Wizard
  • IRC nick: #FreeArys2012
« Reply #130 on: November 05, 2012, 09:40:25 pm »
What the fuck is up with my account then.

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2012, 01:32:06 am »
+4

First of you're looking at a video that was released 1 month ago, has the ALPHA even been out that long? EVERYTHING is subject to change.

http://imgur.com/a/sncPi

There is a album of the current shop.

Screenshot in question

(click to show/hide)

As you can see only SVD ammo is the only ammo that you can currently buy, which is Sniper Ammo. I've NEVER seen or heard of a Sniper ingame so I'm assuming these are incredibly rare weapons so I don't really mind. I don't even know what the arrow is used for maybe a Crossbow? Also a weapons I've never seen so I'm not sure.

The more common weapons the ammo is all ingame money set at STUPID AMOUNTS of currency, as you can see I only have 300 after 6-10? hours of gameplay.

Melee weapons are fine as the hammer rapes everything and is common.

Hats are useless. NVG costs ingame money.

Foods costs ingame, not a big deal as its not hard to find and you can literally run on zero food meter for 1 hour before dying, don't care if people buy food anyways since it doesn't really give them an advantage as food is common.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2012, 09:07:51 am »
thanks for correcting me guys. I didn't intentionally post old information thats just the only stuff I could find when I tried to figure out how the shop works. So looks like im wrong and I'm happy to admit that.

and i'd love to try it if anyone has a spare key.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2012, 09:33:12 am »
trololol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fLu80Lke4k

Have read several posts of people also reporting everyone on the map getting instantly killed. Looks like this is taking a dayz hacker turn. Client based logic < hacker paradise.

Offline Sarpton

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hurlbat
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2012, 04:46:52 pm »
+1
thanks for correcting me guys. I didn't intentionally post old information thats just the only stuff I could find when I tried to figure out how the shop works. So looks like im wrong and I'm happy to admit that.

and i'd love to try it if anyone has a spare key.

Pm'd you one.