Author Topic: People who have taught/inspired you.  (Read 18996 times)

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
Re: People who have taught/inspired you.
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2012, 07:47:44 pm »
RS.

These guys picked me up when I was still running around with a steel pick and a norman shield and showed me what a fun community can look like when you have a bunch of skilled players who don't take themselves all too serious and are great to hang out with.

Dexxtaa was one of the guys I looked up to most for his nonchalant way of slaughtering enemies by the drove while making witty comments in TS and Socrates, Rhuell and the rest of the guys were just great to chill with. I would probably not have stuck around without them.

I got my ass handed to me plenty by Ryden (when we was good  :P ), Balbaroth and Saul (when they were playing) and still do by San and Cyranule in melee - but I can compensate with my horsey and I'm thankful for every lesson in humility I get.

In the meantime I can hold my own against most players and can even teach others a move or two - I would love for more people who are new to the community to have a similar rewarding experience as I had and still have.

A honest thank you to all who were a part of it.
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline TurmoilTom

• King
  • Renown: 1089
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't really play that much anymore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2012, 07:50:21 pm »
+2
Guys like Robert Namo, Bear IRL, and t1337dude inspired me to improve back when I was regularly playing on the Community servers (back when community servers where the only NA servers).

sWalker inspired my archer gen. That didn't go over so well, but it was worth a shot, heh.

I saw Tydeus rocking the Bec so I got ahold of a +3 Bec after my first retirement and rolled with that for a gen.

I remember back when I had a lot of IRL friends who used to play cRPG. Even back before San joined Chaos we would all be overjoyed to be on the San team. Even though a lot of my friends quit cRPG back in November they still know San as "That one awesome shield dude."

That's all that comes to mind immediately :)

Offline STOPHammerTime

• Baron
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
  • Cant touch this
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2012, 07:53:34 pm »
+1
Tenne and Stulle when I first arrived in the mod and tried and failed at Archery.

Shanks when I attempted to spin around with a 2hander.

And now that im a horribly inaccurate and strangley lucky thrower, I guess I pretty much look up to any other thrower that hits whatever he aims at.

You bring nothing positive to any game server except making a nice easy target for cav and archers.

Offline Strider

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 114
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2012, 07:59:12 pm »
+1
People on a video game do not inspire me because they are not real. DERP.  :twisted:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miracle

• Count
  • Renown: 237
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: s0mali_piratez
  • Game nicks: Miracle
  • IRC nick: Miracle
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2012, 08:06:47 pm »
Dan, Noodles, Noobie and Saul.  No explanation needed for any of them.
also free allers, permaban digglez imo
is there anyone (NH members excluded) that would have an issue with that? basically allers is big pun and digglez is fat joe, nobody would say no to that trade

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2012, 08:12:25 pm »
THE MAD KING JOSEPH for teaching me the basics, Allers and Miley for basically keeping me playing the game and way back in early 2010 all of the NA players who had to suffer the wrath of the only server being an EU server.  I remember the first NA server, it was a gift from the gods in the eyes of many.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Kuyamzoleta

• Baron
  • Renown: 94
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Zoleta, WATCHOUT_SON
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2012, 08:13:33 pm »
redarrows, shanks, krzr, numerous others in the eu and na comm.

They taught me everything
"twerk miley miley twerk"

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2012, 08:13:46 pm »
+1
If i had to say anyone i guess i would say Danzu. Most of you probabbly dont remember him he used to play 9 or 10 months ago or something like that. He was the only actual 1h cav on NA at the time, all cav players were lancer cav and no one thought 1h cav could be a viable build. That was also around the time i had started playing, my main was 2h and my alt was lancer cav i kept under 25 to avoid repairs. I soon found myself playing my cav alt more than my 2h main so i wanted to change my main to cav. But i dindt like the fact that i wasnt one shotting people with a lance at 25 and i dindt think i would if i was 30 either, althogh it was cause i didnt know how important speed was, if i was riding a courser not a charger id be doing alot more damage. I knew from single player that 1h cav does more damage than lancer cav but that it was also alot harder and wasnt sure i could do it online against human opponents who are for the most part more intelligent than the warband AI.

But then i saw danzu and although he was riding a cataphract and wearing heavy armor he was a 1h cav and he was able to do pretty well as a 1h cav player, not great but pretty well. Seeing him play kind of gave me not only the idea to switch to 1h cav but also that it was completly doable if you were good enough and worked at it enough. So i went 1h cav, first longsword + sheild and once i was good enought to consistently hit with the longsword i moved up to the morning star and after awhile i got hitting with that down too. After not too long i started doing very well as 1h cav, scoring 30+ kills in many games. It was easier to get so many kills at the time as 1h cav because due ot the fact that there were no other real1h cav players and handt been for atleast a long time people did not know how to defend against it. They acted as if i were a lancer cav player when it came to defending themselves.

Sheilders would put up their sheilds allowing for an easy bumpslash kill, others would try to run to the left or right which can work against lancers due to their lack of range of motion, but for a 1h i could easily swing out to the left or right and kill them. And with the power of the build i was one shotting even tin cans. So after i had been doing so well with the build for awhile topping score charts other players started to take notice and they too saw that 1h cav was actually a viable build and quite a bit of peole started atleast trying out the build if not switching to it completly. Sure 1h cav isnt as popular as lancer, but now at-least there is actually a 1h cav population on NA . And im sure diggles will say something about 1h cav, but ive seen him many many times since i started playing as we both play quite a bit, and it wasnt until 2 months ago that i ever saw him on a horse playing 1h cav (he always plays as a sheilder), so no diggles you did not inspire me to be 1h cav.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2012, 08:17:46 pm »
My bro TommyHu got me into c-rpg, we both had been playing warband since the beta's (and the orig. m&b before that), but I never got into c-rpg.  I was pretty much done playing warband and he had been playing c-rpg for at least 6 months before I finally got into it.  He was playing it then, like I'm playing it now, pretty much most days I can get on my computer, I'm playing c-rpg.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2012, 08:19:05 pm »
+2
Elmuri_crocodile...

:rolleyes: Thank you for allowing me to get a name that doesn't sound like "Mori" on teamspeak. Muri and Mori sounds too similar and now I shall just call Muri, Crocodile.

Otherwise, keeping on topic:

Replica, based my first character from him.

- The usual suspects. -

More lately, it's got to be Moribund.

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Weren

• Duke
  • Renown: 588
  • Infamy: 18
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: irc://Weren
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2012, 08:45:26 pm »
+1
Einharjar_Woden, Narrator and RS_Just4Fun for showing me cool tricks and duelling/teaching me in Warband beta. <3
Free speech is about to become terrorism.

Offline Elmuri

• Marshall
  • Renown: 817
  • Infamy: 91
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Elmuri and co
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2012, 08:57:41 pm »
+1
When I was a shielder-archer with weaboo gear, Cooties was the first player I recognized to be good and made me realize that shield is not necessary.

Shanks, awesome aussie, who greatly lead SoA last summer, when it wasn't a fun clan (though it was fun to have trainings and clan battles many times a week)  .Negative side is that he made me use long maul :evil:

Also there are lots of great guys without who I wouldn't keep playing this. Guards, Kastu, Hammertime, Idzo, Latvian, PEPE etc etc.
Unfortunately some of them are gone. RIP in pieces Umbra and Panos

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2012, 08:59:12 pm »
Don't forget Ulfhedhinn, Weren.

Player who inspired me the most was probably Urist. I remember when he was running around with vanilla greatsword and fucking shit up on some village map, sporting vaegir warmask and a heraldic mail with some orange banner. Probably the reason I went 2h to begin with, don't really remember why I stuck with the class.

inb4 someone says because it is the easiest :lol:
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2012, 09:00:28 pm »
+1
Replica, based my first character from him.

I knew it, one of the fathers of archer-spawn..

I'd have to say Weren for Staffmaster inspiring Ninja, one of the first who did very well, with nothing. Shinobi, who invented the Ninja style. Chimp for showing everyone that build is nothing and skill is everything. (First archer that could pwn everyone in melee) Others I respect are Oberyn, although he plays cav. Really wish he would make himself a challenge build in stead of raping everyone from horseback..

That goes for most of you 2h heroes too.. Nerf yourselves for the extra challenge. :)

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline snipercapt

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 20
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Araris, Brighid, Tsugan
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2012, 09:01:02 pm »
+1
Sittingbull from the old Blackrose taught me just about everything I currently can do in cRPG

<3
People still use shit from 12th century today, for example Microsoft Internet Explorer