Author Topic: People who have taught/inspired you.  (Read 18967 times)

Offline Xeen

• Baron
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
People who have taught/inspired you.
« on: July 24, 2012, 04:01:26 pm »
+9
It sounded like it would be interesting and fun to hear some stories from others about the people that made them the players they are.

Cheapshot:Cheapshot was a big reason that I stuck it out for 4 gens as a pure thrower when I first started.  He was one of the first decent throwers that I had seen and his passion for the class definitely enhanced my own.  His hilarious and brilliant comic series, often centered on throwers, always made me proud and encouraged to play the class.

WaltF4:In my circle of real life friends, we always joke about how Waltf4 has a PHD in Mount and Blade.  He was the reason that I stopped throwing and went to pike.  My throwing style was always very up-close and personal, skirting melee range as best I could as often as I could.  One day I saw WaltF4 long-spearing and realized that he was doing the same thing I was with 100% accuracy and infinite ammo.  I picked up the pike(even though he swore pike was garbage) and emulated what I had seen to great effect.  I ended up piking for probably 12 generations or so with a few charger gens mixed in, loving the hell out of 11 of them. 

Rhaelys:My early memories of Rhaelys consist mainly of him calling me a noob when I pestered him with wardarts.  I now find it funny that last night he jokingly told me IM A NO-SKILL SOMETHING OR OTHER THAT CANT GET A KILL WITHOUT A HORSEBUMP!!  Anyways, I credit Rhaelys considerably with showing me how to melee effectively.  At the time that I stopped my endless pike generations, I was very average at multi-directional melee.  I could block, but I was just clueless when it came to offense.  I had already grown fond of the great long bardiche as a supportive weapon to a pike-crew, but found it to be lacking when it came to actually hitting unpressured, aware targets.  I started to watch Rhaelys and his now infamous "blockleft" playstyle.  I saw how he would stare people down with long holds and trick people into thinking he'd release with spins and sudden jerks, completely controlling the fight.  It was soon after those lessons that I really felt for the first time like I was a decent melee.

Goretooth and Tydeus:These guys taught me the value of putting a crew together and going after the important(and challenging) targets.  It is not only an effective way to play, it is how I enjoy the game the most.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
Re: People who have taught/inspired you.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 04:03:28 pm »
+2
Jesus - a.k.a some 22nd guy. Can't be too hard to figure out why :)

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 04:05:37 pm »
Cheapshot still playing?

For me it was some native guys, I didn't learn much in crpg until now.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 04:07:43 pm »
+1
Some guys of a native clan names "sF", sadly they barely play anymore and sF went dead a few months ago.

In cRPG maybe QUantum and Phase.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline F i n

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1148
  • Infamy: 155
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Hi
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fin
  • IRC nick: Fin
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 04:08:50 pm »
Cheapshot still playing?

For me it was some native guys, I didn't learn much in crpg until now.

have seen him on rageball few days ago.
"Life was easier as a borderline alcoholic." (chadz, 2016)

Offline Razzer

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Intermezzo
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 04:11:42 pm »
Ragni_Bross in the young times of cRPG.
He always integrated me and showed me some stuff as 2her, also he has an enjoyable nature and he's quite funny as well.
He was definitely my idol back in the time  :)
Also I had lots of fun with Gurneh ofc, when he had his disgusting iron staff and the Khergit bow, he was headshottin me 24/7.
Still one of my best friend in this game ))
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 10:23:12 pm by Razzer »

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 04:13:46 pm »
+1
In Native/MM ifrit taught me the ways of a melee.... Most people probably don't know him though..

In cRPG I actually decided to switch from crap 1h shield to polearm because Gomer lended me some cash for a german poleaxe...

He's actually a pretty nice guy off of forums.

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 04:15:39 pm »
+5
Kesh_BRD

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 04:19:36 pm »
+1
Huey let me be a cavelier back when I was a gen1 noob with one athletics at lv 20-something.
He taught me how to fight and not make a rofl bad build.  He also introduced me to the unique brand of variously subtle trolling that pervades the crpg culture.  'ppreciate it!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 04:23:26 pm by Garison »

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 04:22:36 pm »
+4
Kesh_BRD

What did he do? Did you see him on eu_1 standing in a corner while also in eu_2 and actually playing in na_1?

Offline slimpyman

• Baron
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 04:23:34 pm »
+2
i inspire myself. nobody slaps people with the pike quite like myself.

i used to think dainsters and horrible were topshelf. dainsters is around no more, and horrible is stll topshelf. good teammate as well. best polearmers around.  but since that turn nerf, no point in any shorter polearms then the longspear

oh yeah, dreadnok is the best sword and board dude, and ulfson is still the best 2hander.   ulfson makes a good teammate, and dreadnok is a solo artist.

quitefrankly, SoW is probably the best of the best in NA.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 04:24:18 pm »
DaveUKR - caught a lot of his bolts with my face but also returned some. Spent most of my gens playing arbalest.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 04:26:55 pm »
Finn for showing peasant plebs and crying bitching 2handers how you get raped properly by an elephant and tincan armor.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 04:28:12 pm »
+1
Bars.
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 04:44:00 pm »
+1
Have to say Gnjus here. And some Australian player I unfortunately don't remember the name. Something with Sky...

Gnjus because he was basicly the first player I had any "contact" to when I started cRPG. I have to mention that I've never played SP or Native. Bought on Steam-Sale in 2011 and went straight cRPG. Didnt know anyone on the server but came to "know" Gnjus because we had little Xbow-fights on the server. Hunting each other down for the fun. I died more often than him... ofc... ;)

And that Aussie because he played archer with all his heart although having like 250 ping on EU1 all the time. Besides that he was just a really nice and funny guy I always enjoyed to play and fool around with...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.