Author Topic: 2h stab  (Read 3121 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: 2h stab
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 04:31:03 pm »
You have got to be kidding me... Has anyone in this thread actually looked at the damage that 2h thrusts have? Do you know how much damage 23p is? Sure, it's pierce, but on a 13K gold sword, it better at least do SOME damage. The swings do a minimum of two times as much damage. Just go run the numbers on the damage calc, hell multiply that damage by 10% to account for thrusts being easier to get a good speed bonus with than side swings. You're still looking at a lot less damage for thrusts, than for any other swing.

If you take the range away from greatswords, you take away a huge factor that plays into the versatility of 2hers, as that's really all greatswords have going for them.
Lol at 2h player not thinking his stab is completely op, I play 2h on all my stf melee dueling/battle tryhard alts, reason is, it's fucking easy, I even only use a longsword the majority of the time and it's still easy as fuck.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 08:10:25 pm »
Lol at 2h player not thinking his stab is completely op, I play 2h on all my stf melee dueling/battle tryhard alts, reason is, it's fucking easy, I even only use a longsword the majority of the time and it's still easy as fuck.
Ask anyone in the NA community if they've seen the character "PRO_Tydeus" on for more than an hour in the last month. No one will say yes. Yet if you ask about my alts (1h, pole, and cav alts) they'd say the opposite.

Everything is "easy", including 1h no shield(it's basically just using a longsword/katana, except you do less damage per hit). Secondly, I tend to stick with the miaodao and more recently, due to the speed, the katana.

Good job letting stereotypes cloud your judgement.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 08:29:09 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Toodles

• Knight
  • Renown: 76
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • DON'T CHASE CAV
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Bjorn
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 08:23:36 pm »
+2
In addition to being excessively long both in thrust length and duration, the two handed sword stab is also perfectly leveled for the head.

I'm a fairly mediocre two handed swordsman but when I do rack up the kills, it's most often due to the thrust. Put a great sword in my hands and I become a highly versatile spearman - I don't believe this is the way the class is meant to be employed, but it's only my opinion.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2012, 08:25:52 pm »
+1
Yes, it's 6 more than a +3 katana has. The greatswords are too long to thrust the way they do, if you thrusted like that in real life you'd get tired faster than you can say "lolstab". The main reason that people cry about 2H being OP is because of the massive length and speed of the greatswords, especially the stab. The shorter 2H weapons are actually not all that good, they're certainly balanced with 1H and the majority of polearms - it's just that hardly anyone uses them because they can spend a couple thousand more to use a greatsword.

I picked up a MW danish on my (1wpf 2h) thrower alt the other day and got more kills with it in 30 seconds than I did with my throwing spears for the next 4 rounds. In siege. When you can get that kind of result from a sword with NO proficiency, something is seriously fucking wrong.

Give all the 120+ length swords the polearm stab animation, that should fix it right up.
You got more kills with a melee weapon than you did with throwing, and somehow you think that should warrant a nerf to the weapon you were using at the time? You do realize that throwing isn't in a state to be able to get more kills than pretty much any melee class, right? I haven't seen a single thrower get anywhere near the top of the scoreboard in battle, without having to rely mostly on melee.

The katana thrust is useless and should either be buffed, or taken away. It's a gimmick that serves no purpose, truly. With 6PS and an unloomed katana, you're looking at doing 1-13 damage against a 40 armored target, against 60 armor, 0-7 damage, and 70 armor, 0 - 4. This isn't "balance" and the devs know it.

Actually, not sure why I bother typing any of this. You are either biased, or greatly misinformed. NA has more people that use the Longsword than the Danish. Clearly that just means the Longsword is "actually not all that good". You're talking about the speed being an issue, except 92 speed isn't much better than what the average, high tier polearm has. Meanwhile, you say the longsword and other such short 2hers are bad, except they're sitting around 98 speed, which is clearly a lot more "op" than 92. Hell, The Goedendag sits at 95 speed, 117 length and 22p thrust, base. This should be the weapon you're crying about, as it's arguably got the best thrust when taking speed into account.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2012, 09:09:01 pm »
In addition to being excessively long both in thrust length and duration, the two handed sword stab is also perfectly leveled for the head.

I'm a fairly mediocre two handed swordsman but when I do rack up the kills, it's most often due to the thrust. Put a great sword in my hands and I become a highly versatile spearman - I don't believe this is the way the class is meant to be employed, but it's only my opinion.
QFT.

People bitching about 1h left swing hitting the head all the time, at least those aren't long reach, pierce damage.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2012, 09:26:11 pm »
well they tried to do something about it. result? well you cant stab with 1h or a short polearm anymore...fail

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2012, 09:51:47 pm »
well they tried to do something about it. result? well you cant stab with 1h or a short polearm anymore...fail

The new 1h stab is very, very good. Once you get used to it, it's much easier to get a stab off than it used to be and you can actually stab from logical ranges.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2012, 10:00:53 pm »
Give back old 2h stab DMG (couldn't care less bout it) but for the love of Zeus, nerf the reach as hell.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2012, 10:29:56 pm »
The new 1h stab is very, very good. Once you get used to it, it's much easier to get a stab off than it used to be and you can actually stab from logical ranges.
you are the only one claiming this.

i play on eu 1 and pecores. it's much easier to pull off in the previous versions.

stabbing from logical ranges? really? stabbing at close range finishes in a glance

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2012, 12:07:49 am »
I really hope they nerf 2h to hell so I can play in peace without being accused of playing OP/boring/noobish/gay/easiest thing to play class.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 12:39:15 am by The_Bloody_Nine »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1460
  • Infamy: 2144
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2012, 12:12:34 am »
Well, it is easiest thing to play.

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2012, 12:18:25 am »
+4
Has anyone in this thread actually looked at the damage that 2h thrusts have? Do you know how much damage 23p is? Sure, it's pierce, but on a 13K gold sword, it better at least do SOME damage.

Just 5p less than a War Spear thrust
Just 3p less than a Long Spear thrust
Just 1p less than the Pike Thrust

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2012, 12:28:53 am »
+3
Not to mention: that's the 2handed sword that are CUT focused and thus have LOW stab damage. What about the German? 26 pierce. BUT WAIT! Wanna know what the secondary half swording stab damage is? At MW, it's 35 (!) pierce damage. That's just 1 less than a MW awlpike. Yeah. 2h stab is so bad :(
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2012, 03:01:32 am »
2h stab has a fucking reach, they outreach most polearms, which is completely retard.

This "suggestion threads" are not valid.

LOL
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 04:38:37 am »
3 less than an Elegant Poleaxe
6 less than a German Poleaxe
8 less than a Poleaxe

5 pierce is a huge amount when you're talking about numbers in the 20s, that's just under 20% damage. The pikes are supposed to have relatively low pierce, as if they had high pierce, they'd be greatly OP. It'd be like giving high pierce to a lancer, you throw in movement speed and their ability to outrange everything, and of course it'd be broken. Bamboo Spear: 2000 Gold 25p, Sword of War: 13000 gold, 23p. Even if you make the argument that you can use greatswords as pikes, due to their effective reach, they'd still have both less range and less damage for more gold, even if you compare it to hoplites. You also have to be aware of one of the most counterintuitive, janky mechanics in warband. One that dictates that slow weapons should be more affected by speed modifiers than fast ones. So you see that 81/68 speed for those pikes? That's adding damage.