Author Topic: idiotic NA ban  (Read 6105 times)

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
Re: idiotic NA ban
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 12:31:33 am »
I have a few questions about this statement.

First off, how long have we had NA servers? Secondly, who all has been allowed to have an NA server connected to the database that's NOT part of the now Northern Empire? And last but not least, can we have a current list of NA admins so that we can see how few of them have no affiliation at all with the clans that make up the Northern Empire (meaning never been a part of the clans)?

About 3 months after CRPG was made i believe NA servers came up...but there was only 1.

The Northern Empire was made about 4 months ago...long after crpg was made...the STO server is not part of the Northern Empire....and you can pm gash or devilize for the complete list of admins
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mokkal

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mokkal
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2011, 12:32:31 am »
I can live with that. Until you stop making stupid posts like that and start paying some money for the server i'll start peeing in your coffee too.

Mistakes happen, your not entitled to anything.  :rolleyes:

How about this,

When people donate to the server they put their name as Unban Zisa- Name here.

When we reach $75 bucks of Unban Zisa donations, Zisa is unbanned.  Since apparently you have some animosity about people playing without paying this seems like a win win.  You get money to keep the servers goin and the community gets to have Zisa unbanned.  Maybe I'm just crazy but I just started playing and enjoy playing with my wife and I was planning on donating anyways, but I would put more in the pot if it was for a good cause.  Either that or we could do girl scout cookies.

Feedback?

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2011, 12:34:13 am »
Zisa will be unbanned when he pms devilize.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2011, 12:35:29 am »
I have a few questions about this statement.

First off, how long have we had NA servers? Secondly, who all has been allowed to have an NA server connected to the database that's NOT part of the now Northern Empire? And last but not least, can we have a current list of NA admins so that we can see how few of them have no affiliation at all with the clans that make up the Northern Empire (meaning never been a part of the clans)?

First: Many moons, too lazy to look up specifics
Second: The first NA server was under Garguro, who was at the time unaffiliated.  The TFO server was also unaffiliated.  That server died despite having lower ping and offering statistics, something I find worthy of consideration.
Third: Don't know everyone, but I've never been part of ATS or the Northern Empire.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2011, 12:35:58 am »
About 3 months after CRPG was made i believe NA servers came up...but there was only 1.

The Northern Empire was made about 4 months ago...long after crpg was made...the STO server is not part of the Northern Empire....and you can pm gash or devilize for the complete list of admins
I could have sworn you were still the leader of ATS and therefore the Northern Empire, but alrighty.
So..we've had 2 NA servers not owned by the now Northern Empire, and they've both gone under? Seems a little suspicious if you ask me.

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2011, 12:36:25 am »
If you want to be considered for admin the people who own the servers have to get to know you. Join Hospitallar vent or request to join ATS vent so the people who own the servers can come to trust you, then you would have the opportunity to become an admin.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2011, 12:38:41 am »
I could have sworn you were still the leader of ATS and therefore the Northern Empire, but alrighty.
So..we've had 2 NA servers not owned by the now Northern Empire, and they've both gone under? Seems a little suspicious if you ask me.

I agree...its almost as if the best people have the most successful servers...

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2011, 12:39:34 am »
I agree...its almost as if the best people have the most successful servers...
Or maybe no one else has been allowed to host the server, which I've heard is the case -.-

EDIT: I meant hosting a server right now, not in the past btw.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2011, 12:41:33 am »
Though complaints have been logged against my admins, i dont think one has been logged against me. Nor do i allow game exploitation or the such...i think that earned a little respect...as well as the map support we've done for chadz...i dunno he a curious guy.

It might also have to do with the fact that we manage our servers well, and that the community isnt big enough for another server...so theres no point

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2011, 12:45:57 am »
Just to mention, I'm not part of the Northern Empire but I am an admin of the 100 man. I am not an admin of the other servers, but considering I never bothered applying I can't actually speak as to their policy towards admin recruitment. There's also Braeden and Patrick. None of us are affiliated with the Northern Empire. Well, unless Braeden snuck on a new pair of tags while I wasn't looking.

Offline Braeden

• Earl
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 53
  • I hear the sound of drums
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Acre?
  • Game nicks: Braeden_Sanguine
  • IRC nick: Braeden
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2011, 12:47:58 am »

Not quite.  The first NA server was the one started by Garguro, who paid out of his own pocket.  He deliberately did not join a clan to stay impartial, despite several people attempting to get him to play with them.  He did eventually join ATS, because he knew and trusted Ecko.  ATS took over the server not through that, however, but by being the only people who donated in significant amounts and in the long term when Garguro could no longer pay for the entire server himself.  They were responsible for expanding the server from one 64 man box to the full 3 servers we have today in NA.  Hospitaller took over one of those servers when their donations picked up the gap in costs.  That is the situation today.

The TFO server disappeared, as far as I can tell, because ScotTFO stopped playing.  He was also unaffiliated.  While his server was up, however, it was generally considered the place for trolls to play and shunned by the rest of the community, despite in many ways being preferable to ATS servers (at least, I had half my ping their and I highly enjoyed the statistics).

In order to get a server linked to the database, you need the trust of chadz.  That is all.  The reason there are not a number of new servers is a lack of trusted people with money, and a desire among the trusted people who do have money to not spread out the community more (personally, I prefer small servers, but I understand the sentiment.)

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2011, 12:53:06 am »
In order to get a server linked to the database, you need the trust of chadz.  That is all.  The reason there are not a number of new servers is a lack of trusted people with money, and a desire among the trusted people who do have money to not spread out the community more (personally, I prefer small servers, but I understand the sentiment.)
Have you tried hosting a server before and received that response? I've talked to a few potential owners and they all repeated that chadz said he doesn't want any more NA servers until the big update is released.

Also, it sounds like you're saying money talks, so I'd like to see how many admins donated regularly before they became admins, and how many people donate regularly and are not admins. Of course, I'm not likely to even be told who the admins are, so I highly doubt that will happen.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2011, 12:54:39 am »
Due to there being only 3 servers to choose from right now [2 Battle, 1 siege. Not counting duel server] in NA -- all On the same box.
I went to play the other night but since 2 servers had 90+ people and the other had 70, I simply could not play. They were just too laggy.
The "not enough players to warrant more NA servers" logic doesn't apply at all anymore. Especially when the most fun occurs, at least for me, on servers with 20 to 40 players. Although, that is moreso a result of the LAG as all the servers being in chicago and all on THE SAME BOX AAAAAAAAAAA (Doesn't matter if they are on different cores.) It would be Nice to have a west coast server as it is around half of the population. Really hoping SoA's Seattle server gets accepted by chadz. Why? Because there is one nice guy willing and waiting to host it for everyone. It was a sad loss to lose ScotTFO's server when we really needed another one for NA.

Anyways, Ecko was actually a pretty solid admin and would be nice having him back in the police force. He doesn't deserve any hate on these topics. He is just not fully aware of what has been going on in his absence. It went down hill when he left. Too many unnecessary bans are getting put out when a mute or kick will be more than enough. When a simple message in chat/ threat of action will result in a better conclusion.

Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Lorn

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lorn
  • IRC nick: Lorn
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2011, 01:02:41 am »
Anyways, Ecko was actually a pretty solid admin and would be nice having him back in the police force. He doesn't deserve any hate on these topics. He is just not fully aware of what has been going on in his absence. It went down hill when he left. Too many unnecessary bans are getting put out when a mute or kick will be more than enough. When a simple message in chat/ threat of action will result in a better conclusion.

Ecko left, the community within ATS ended up fracturing, and bad decisions were made on both sides to deal with it. All of which ended up reaching it's climax with Zisa's ban. Perhaps things can return to being somewhat normal again, but that just has to do with "grudges" that are currently being held by some people.

Nice quick summary of what has occurred!

Offline Nindur

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northern Empire Rebellion
  • Game nicks: N1nd3r9
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2011, 01:03:56 am »
I had to pay 300 dollars to get admin........but at least I can make some of it back......we get paid a small amount for admining on the servers everyday, depending on how many people are on the servers and our admin action ratio