Author Topic: An idea for an event - Looking for willing clans  (Read 2963 times)

Offline Ragni_Bross

• Knight
  • Renown: 69
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • "At the end of a smile there's a laugh and a half"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Militia
  • Game nicks: Militia_Iwarad
An idea for an event - Looking for willing clans
« on: July 17, 2012, 10:48:54 pm »
+4
Right. I didn't quite know where to post this but I decided to post it here since it is a suggestion.

I have created a small RP-ish clan called the Militia, we're a bunch of players who dress up in themed equipment and play together every now and then, and I was thinking that it could be fun to arrange a themed event for the Militia and whatever clan(s) feels like joining. The events would not be about winning as much as having distinct factions fight each other wielding and wearing their distinct gear. For example you could have the Militia fight against the local bandits, the neighbouring lord's marauding troops or perhaps some savage vikings.

We could agree on a map and the gear restrictions and have fun :)

So, here's the thing. The Militia does not have a server of its own just yet, so we would need a place to hold this/these event(s). We would therefore like to know if there's a clan out there that would like to either take part in the RP-ish event and have the event held on its own server or if there's some clan that'd lend the Militia its server so the Militia could fight some third clan that does not have a server either.

I think it could be fun, a freash breath of air, to have a themed RP-ish event rather than the usual and random battles on the EU servers. Let me hear your thoughts.

Alternatively: If someone is kind enough to lend us their server but we don't have a clan to fight against we could allow everyone willing to join no matter the clan, have them make STFs and then assign them to a team with a competent leader.

Offline Ragni_Bross

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: An idea for an event - Looking for willing clans
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 12:46:13 pm »
Bump of the day

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 12:48:56 pm »
You mean re-enacting?

Uhm okay...
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 03:45:28 pm »
Right. I didn't quite know where to post this but I decided to post it here since it is a suggestion.

I have created a small RP-ish clan called the Militia, we're a bunch of players who dress up in themed equipment and play together every now and then, and I was thinking that it could be fun to arrange a themed event for the Militia and whatever clan(s) feels like joining. The events would not be about winning as much as having distinct factions fight each other wielding and wearing their distinct gear. For example you could have the Militia fight against the local bandits, the neighbouring lord's marauding troops or perhaps some savage vikings.

We could agree on a map and the gear restrictions and have fun :)

So, here's the thing. The Militia does not have a server of its own just yet, so we would need a place to hold this/these event(s). We would therefore like to know if there's a clan out there that would like to either take part in the RP-ish event and have the event held on its own server or if there's some clan that'd lend the Militia its server so the Militia could fight some third clan that does not have a server either.

I think it could be fun, a freash breath of air, to have a themed RP-ish event rather than the usual and random battles on the EU servers. Let me hear your thoughts.

Alternatively: If someone is kind enough to lend us their server but we don't have a clan to fight against we could allow everyone willing to join no matter the clan, have them make STFs and then assign them to a team with a competent leader.

Post a topic in the event section of the forums, more people are likely to read it there, but its not a bad idea, but basically its 'scrims'

Militia v Marauding  Knights  :wink:

A better idea of this, is to do these events maybe weekly or fortnightly and allow players to place bets on the side they think will win, e.g. 10k cRPG gold, 2:1 odds etc

Offline Ragni_Bross

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 05:07:29 pm »
Post a topic in the event section of the forums, more people are likely to read it there, but its not a bad idea, but basically its 'scrims'

Militia v Marauding  Knights  :wink:

A better idea of this, is to do these events maybe weekly or fortnightly and allow players to place bets on the side they think will win, e.g. 10k cRPG gold, 2:1 odds etc

I considered doing that but I'd hate for it to become too competitive. It's meant to be fun and there'll be some gear restrictions as well. Therefpre whoever loses might whine that it was due to some unfair rule. But with that being said I wouldn't mind doing this weekly :)

Offline Ragni_Bross

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 05:08:48 pm »
You mean re-enacting?

Uhm okay...

Not quite, but you can call it that if you want to.

Offline Sarpton

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hurlbat
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 08:36:32 pm »
I love these kind of events but they are a HUUUUGE problem to get together for some reason.  Good luck and if anything comes of it I'd be excited to play along.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline LordRichrich

• Count
  • Renown: 297
  • Infamy: 115
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 08:51:32 pm »
Yes please :D

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 08:58:33 pm »
Another pointless and sleep inducing thread from Mr. Hate-the-Feint. Nothing to see here, move along.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 09:24:58 pm »
Would love to see this events!
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Ragni_Bross

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 09:59:30 pm »
+2
Another pointless and sleep inducing thread from Mr. Hate-the-Feint. Nothing to see here, move along.

Oh what is this? Could it ... could it really be true? Is it ... is it even more useless fucking bullshit coming from mister "I-think-swords-weigh-10-kilos-and-I-get-banned-for-flaming-Polish people-and-I-also-think-that-people-who-are-either-richer-or-just-not-as-poor-as-me-are-stupid"? Yes it is! Fucktard number one has returned!

Now go away. This obviously doesn't concern you so please go bother someone who isn't me. Some people might like this idea so don't bother them. You've got no valid reason to be here since you've already stated that you don't like the idea.

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 10:04:16 pm »
Must've struck a nerve it seems. You have much to learn, young padawan.

Also, reported for insulting.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 10:05:34 pm »

Stupid bitch, nothing more to say.

(click to show/hide)
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Ragni_Bross

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 10:08:25 pm »

Making yourself believe you're winning an argument isn't how things work stupid :P

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 10:08:49 pm »
report me, cmon

Thy bidding be my will.

Making yourself believe you're winning an argument isn't how things work stupid :P

Your brain appears to have suffered anal trauma, how can this be? My, my...