Author Topic: Jelbegi Castle  (Read 7272 times)

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
Re: Jelbegi Castle
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2012, 09:45:19 am »
+3
I think there's a good argument to be made here that Strategus victory conditions really aren't that great.  Rather than "knock down all flags", which is essentially impossible in some of the really large maps, there should probably be 2-5 capture points.  Attackers must hold all of them at the same time to win.

Otherwise all you have to do to win defense is go hide in a haypile or run around naked with 13 athletics or whatever and wait for the timer to run out.  If an admin is on, they MIGHT kick you for delaying....the fact that the game requires admin interference for basic mechanics is a strong suggestion that basic mechanics need more work.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline chadz

• The lazy
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 3188
  • Infamy: 724
  • Sir Black King A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: irc://
  • IRC nick: chadz
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2012, 09:49:22 am »
+3
I've been thinking about a "better" strategus (ingame) for a long time, but haven't had that genious idea yet to fix it.

However, I absolutely agree that required admin interference is an no-go.

A more simple solution to the problem would be that any side loses if all flags are down and no person was killed during the last 5 minutes.

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2012, 10:03:17 am »
i can remember many battles from grey order we tried to climb every fuckin roof to clean the enemies which are making a last stand on a high place , especially kapikulu which i remember again i was shouting on teamspeak while killing kapikulus with hammer one by one "die turk die!" It was haringoth castle i think.
Whatever It is so fuckin obvious that they abused their power if your ladders are finished u need to retreat not kick people lol , the battle is already a fuckin abuse they send troops to let people play with simple swords etc

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2012, 11:01:29 am »
I've been thinking about a "better" strategus (ingame) for a long time, but haven't had that genious idea yet to fix it.

However, I absolutely agree that required admin interference is an no-go.

A more simple solution to the problem would be that any side loses if all flags are down and no person was killed during the last 5 minutes.

What i take from this is the following:

When all flags are down, and there are 5 minutes with no kills, the attackers deserve to win. And thats what happened.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2012, 11:46:59 am »
+2
What i take from this is the following:

When all flags are down, and there are 5 minutes with no kills, the attackers deserve to win. And thats what happened.

People are too stupid to acknowledge that.

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2012, 12:06:14 pm »
People are too stupid to acknowledge that.

Offline Wiltzu

• Sceptical
  • Duke
  • Renown: 665
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarin_Wiltzu
  • IRC nick: Wiltzu
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2012, 12:14:41 pm »
One does not simply attack a castle that has over 8,5k troops
Unless they're sure they have some great advantage

:twisted:
When in Rome, live as the Romans do; when elsewhere, live as they live elsewhere.

Kaikki on tasa-arvoisia. Toiset on vain tasa-arvoisempia kuin toiset.

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2012, 12:43:07 pm »
they abused by putting heavy troops in castle so they knew that we would fight with simple swords even they didnt put enough ladders lol
How can your ladders can finish in teh fuckin start of the battle if u attacked with 3000 ?

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2012, 01:07:17 pm »
+1
Why is this still even a topic?
Running out of ladders? They had 500 more ladders, they just weren't dying and spawning with them.
They also weren't building a catapult fast enough.
They could have, but weren't doing it fast enough. Errbody be leeching (purposely sluggish attacking team, non-acting defenders) and not finishing the battle, so i kicked the three and ended the battle after waiting 8 minutes watching and waiting as the ticks go by.

p.s. Those few people got to the top of the tower in the beginning by ladder exploiting and had practically no kills. They were camping up there all round without helping the castle defense. They made no attempt at defending.
I don't get why this is even an issue. Besides, it's already been settled.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2012, 01:36:59 pm »
I'm totally understand you my american friend , ofcourse u are totally looking to those medieval culture based games as a gay who looks a girl with boy in bedroom.

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2012, 01:42:12 pm »
Whatever It is so fuckin obvious that they abused their power if your ladders are finished u need to retreat not kick people lol , the battle is already a fuckin abuse they send troops to let people play with simple swords etc
they abused by putting heavy troops in castle so they knew that we would fight with simple swords even they didnt put enough ladders lol
How can your ladders can finish in teh fuckin start of the battle if u attacked with 3000 ?

Cicero, please, if you have to post an answer, check the answers that were posted already and the other threads, maybe take a look at this:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,36087.0.html

We got lucky, this troops were in the castle for a long time, and just had to deal with the aftereffects, and one of them was that the castle had to buy cheaper gear for a larger army
Also, as i already told in this post, we had a lot of ladders left, when we started the attack we had close to 600 of them, but it was no one of us Dying because the defenders didnt try to defend the castle against us but kept hiding upon the keep
I have to admit, what you did when you put the flags up again after all of them were dropped was a rly good move, this acutally was DEFENDING, but the last 3 guys on top of the keep didnt do that, the just stayed up there and waited for a giant eagle to pick them up, which did not happen

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2012, 01:48:59 pm »
+1
I'm not judging or doing any other shit , 2 weeks ago in siege of haringoth castle by grey order , we had to climb to the top of castle and i personally killed 7 of them.
There was an admin in defender side which did nothin.

Offline Tyr_

• Earl
  • Renown: 445
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player
  • Suum cuique
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Tyr; Merc_Nemo; Caesar_Salad
  • IRC nick: Tyr_
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2012, 01:54:10 pm »
Cicero, if you look at the stats of the 3 guys that were on top of the keep, it becomes obvious that all they did was going up there and wasting equipment, they didnt help their team to defend the castle, and, refering to admins, this is leeching

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2012, 02:00:45 pm »
+1
Cicero, if you look at the stats of the 3 guys that were on top of the keep, it becomes obvious that all they did was going up there and wasting equipment, they didnt help their team to defend the castle, and, refering to admins, this is leeching
in haringoth castle it was kapikulu also they did nothing , they put nearly 60 ladders on the top of castle , it was even not possible to put ladder by us but we managed to kill them

Offline rufio

• Marshall
  • Renown: 995
  • Infamy: 483
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • QQ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Rufio_pleaser_of_widows, LeLouche_LampeRouge, Quenya_Favourite_of_Rufio
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2012, 02:35:43 pm »
Why is this still even a topic?
Running out of ladders? They had 500 more ladders, they just weren't dying and spawning with them.
They also weren't building a catapult fast enough.
They could have, but weren't doing it fast enough. Errbody be leeching (purposely sluggish attacking team, non-acting defenders) and not finishing the battle, so i kicked the three and ended the battle after waiting 8 minutes watching and waiting as the ticks go by.

p.s. Those few people got to the top of the tower in the beginning by ladder exploiting and had practically no kills. They were camping up there all round without helping the castle defense. They made no attempt at defending.
I don't get why this is even an issue. Besides, it's already been settled.

would have been better for you to not have responded. 1: because of the massive gear difference prractically the whole defending team had no kills and huge ammount of deaths, resulting in half of the defense team not spawning for over 5 min, (broken mechanic) , 2: people on a high spot witch has good view is not directley leeching, they could also be scouting. 3: attackers catapult got shot down by defense range. 4: mercs already had all the advantages in this battle, and basicly got this castle for free, and all its troops for free, with some admin help in the end. them not dieing and respawning with ladders to save troops is rediculous. also the remark was made they didnt have a weaprack to acces the ladders, bs remark to. so in the end gratz mercs you got this castle all on pretty dodgy terms imo. and imo this na admin has bad rational thinking for a strat battle. shiks explenation in the end is rightious, but all these arguments are not good ones imo.