Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2.  (Read 13699 times)

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
Re: Crusader Kings 2.
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2013, 01:51:32 am »
I just connect straight to my mates IP.
Turtles

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2013, 02:46:49 am »
I don't think we got that working either. I can't remember now, I guess I'll have to give that a shot. That's much less of a hassle than using tunnels anyways.
Pock gobblers

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2013, 06:12:55 pm »
I got one of those events with the merchant that gives you a completely overpowered courtier (the guy had 21 martial and around 12 everywhere else). Just for the lulz I used him to raise all my children, on top of being one of the most badass marshals I ever had. Now 10 years later my son and heir is a freaking bedouin, and his little sister soon to become one too. This game took a turn towards awesomeness and will be from now on dedicated to spreading the bedouin culture.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2013, 12:30:44 am »
Well I tried going through hamachi and doing direct ip but it didn't work. Oh well, I guess tunngle will be fine for this, it can host 32 ppl compared to hamachi s 5.
Pock gobblers

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2013, 06:06:23 pm »
Started out at the beginning with a count of Nikea (in Byzantine Empire) and after almost 100 years, took over the duchy and a few other counties, along with changing succession law to Primogeniture.  Just zoomed out to take a picture of the world and I see Scotland took over England some how (really no clue how they could come up with the forces necessary to do that, wish I would have saw it happening in real time).  Also these Cumania fucking barbarians are taking over all of Eastern Europe :P

The Byzantine Empire has been one empire for almost 100 years, and then the last king died with an infant heir of a son who was also a dwarf, and the whole empire split apart.  Once the dwarf king became 16 then the empire magically came back together united...he's still not married though, we'll see what happens.

(click to show/hide)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2013, 08:31:42 am »
Bump.

I was just gifted CKII and am wondering which DLCs are the best to get / improve gameplay the most? Mind you I don't want to go overboard with spending cash money on DLCs.. so try to take that into account.
So far I was thinking Old Gods DLC.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2013, 01:17:23 pm »
+1
Old gods and republic are imo the best.
Turtles

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2013, 05:10:11 pm »
Old gods and republic are imo the best.

This.

I bought the music DLCs and islam stuff too mind you but I got everything -75% so yeah

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2013, 05:48:53 pm »
Isn't Republic like a whole new different gametype? Does it somehow enhance the gameplay if you play "normally"?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2013, 05:56:06 pm »
I like the old gods, it allows you to "raid" other counties that are a different religion than your own (great way to make money and gain prisoners).  But you can easily get stormed over by another religious war if you raid the wrong people.  And you have to worry about being raided as well if you're a non-pagan ruler.

The one thing I like about the Old Gods the most, is that almost all (except trade republics) start out with 0, 0, 0 for culture/military/economic technologies.  If you are a pagan ruler however, you're stuck at Gavelkind succession (which splits your holdings among your male sons).  Only way to change succession law is to form a kingdom and reform your religion (requires holding 3 out of your religions' 5 holy sites).

My favorite paid DLC is Ruler Designer.  It's very nice being able to design your ruler's attributes.

My favorite "Free" DLC is A Game of Thrones mod.  It's really great, the only downside is that there's no technology/research (which isn't terrible per-say, but making money to spend on upgrading a holding or creating a new holding in a county is the only way to really improve your holdings and distinguish as more powerful than any other county).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2013, 06:53:15 pm »
Republic & Old Gods are neat gimmicks but not so great balance, too easy to make gold.

I would really like to see them release a catholic religion DLC that improves on aspects on state-church politics, bishop politics, college of cardinals, papal elections, crusade mechanics.

This is the original focus of the game and is quite weak looking now after DLCs for other areas have added more thoughtful mechanics.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2013, 06:59:53 pm »
Agreed that (at least for the old gods) they are neat gimmicks, but steer pretty far from the original game.  I would prefer to play the original version of the game, just set in an older time period (where everyone starts out with 0 research/technology as you do in the old gods).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2013, 07:15:08 pm »
+1
I play with official DLCs, combined with a handful of great mods:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?707030-CK2Plus-Continuation-Balance-improvements-more-kingdoms-and-empires-more-ambition
The purpose of CK2+ is to create a broader, deeper, more challenging and more balanced CK2 experience without straying too far from the original game mechanics or tacking on deterministic railroading events and modifiers. The purpose of this mod is not historical accuracy (although I try to preserve it whenever it is not a major detriment to gameplay) but rather to embrace and enrichen the medieval intrigue sandbox that is CK2, while fixing its various little issues and exploits.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?608414-MOD-K%F6ppen-Climate-Classification-for-CK2
All provinces get tax income decreases from winter to summer, and in turn gain high bonus in harvest. Some climate groups add small supply limit modifiers too. However, the total amount of the yearly income will not be changed.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?656324-New-Duel-Engine
Adds Dueling events etc.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?652025-MOD-Vanilla-Immersion-Events-and-Traits-A-Modular-Flavor-and-Tweak-Mod
Adds flavor and gameplay tweaks, changes and additions! - Lots of new events, traits and such.

-----------------------

If you only play SP, as me, give these mods a try :) All of them work well together, but need to read installation instructions, as some are "modular".
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2013, 09:36:40 pm »
Isn't Republic like a whole new different gametype? Does it somehow enhance the gameplay if you play "normally"?

Afaik republic doesn't change anything but allows you to play as a merchant family. And those are grossly overpowered.

Offline Havoco

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2013, 10:11:23 pm »
It might be pretty hard to play merchant republics without retinues.(which is only in legacy of rome dlc)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 10:41:26 pm by Havoco »
Pock gobblers