Author Topic: Suggested Heirloom Order  (Read 3344 times)

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
Suggested Heirloom Order
« on: July 14, 2012, 05:49:55 pm »
Heard a lot of different things - what would you all say is the most advised loom order?

List it like this :

weapon
body
gloves
helm

Feel free to add a quick comment on reasoning too! :)

Curious for myself, and also thought it would be a good reference for new players.
(currently have +3 Transitional and +3 Longsword and +1 Klappvisier)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 11:10:45 pm by Elindor »
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Suggested Heirloom Order
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 06:00:10 pm »
Gloves
Body
Helmet
Boots

Weapon first if you are a dedicated Crossbowman, if you are an Archer or Horse Crossbow/Archer. Arrows next as well, Bolts don't matter that much, unless you're putting most time in shooting.

If you have a melee build, you could loom the weapon directly after the gloves if you know you wont be switching your build too often. Otherwise a not loomed weapon is as good as any other.
Boots at last, loom the shield after weapon, gloves and body armor, it is a bit more important than leg and head armor if you're a dedicated shielder.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 06:59:01 pm »
+1
For armor order I recommend

Body - Gives protection to the most area and a total +10 or +8 bonus rather than +5 or +4
Head - Headshots hurt. A lot. You want as much head armor as possible.
Gloves - Body gets hit more than legs in most cases, and legs have a damage reduction.
Boots

This is only if you have a set of armor that you're using constantly though. If, for example, you switch your body piece a lot, wait to loom it until you settle on something.

As far as weapons or armor first, it depends. If you switch weapons a lot, go for armor first. However, if you have a stable 1-2 sets of weapons you use, loom weapons first.

(I'd count a shield as a weapon for looming purposes, if you use one.)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 07:05:23 pm »
This info should be added to the guides above.  It's good to know for newcomers.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 07:34:07 pm »
Caita, I started looming my klappvisier but then i started thinking wisby's instead cause im not sure that more head armor will matter...seems if i get hit in the head, the armor doesnt matter :(

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 07:39:48 pm »
I'd recommend:
  • Gloves
  • Body armor
  • Weapon
  • Helmet
  • Legs

e:
I am dumb, and didn't account for the leg armor bonus from body armor in a reply prior to this edit.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:50:42 pm by Vodner »

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 08:17:40 pm »
good stuff.

also, keep opinions going on the helm vs gloves thing cause that I think is an interesting one.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 08:21:41 pm »
Caita, I started looming my klappvisier but then i started thinking wisby's instead cause im not sure that more head armor will matter...seems if i get hit in the head, the armor doesnt matter :(

I get at least half my kills from headshots, and from my experience the armor value is definitely noticeable. I always love running into 2H heroes with weak head armor or no head armor, as I can quite often 1 shot them. The heavier helms can take quite a few more hits. Now admittedly a lot of this is dependent on speed bonus as well. If I get a really good helicopter stab in, I can take out 75% of a player's health even with a top-end helm. However, with just a little less head armor that becomes a 1-shot kill.

At least for me, I also block far, FAR fewer overheads than stabs or L/R swings.

Now, I wouldn't say looming gauntlets before helm is a bad idea per-say; I would just personally recommend looming your helm first, especially since you're using a pretty heavy helm already, so the difference will be more noticeable.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2012, 10:34:43 pm »
yeah your reasons were same as mine....interested to see what others think on the subject

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 10:35:58 pm »
I went gloves, body, weapon 1 then weapon 2. Thats all I have atm. I'd say max out that body armour first just because thats were the majority of hits are. I think its easier to get head armour through just using more expensive helmets than to get body armour through using heavier body armour or more expensive gloves.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 11:11:57 pm »
Body (5 increase in body and 5 in leg armor)

Gloves (just 5 in body, hence the body first then gloves, few people sell gloves for money because they are usable with any class, so its basically essential to loom these yourself.)

Weapon (obviously sell loompoints and buy the weapon, you can probably get a +3 weapon with 2 loompoints, depends on the rarity of the weapon and current market)

Helmet (Just use a more expensive helmet, the price difference between 45 or 50 head armor helmet is only 1.1k for example, at a marginal weight increase, really not essential to loom this)

Legs (AFAIK leg portion is below the knee, which is a very small part, also easy to just use more expensive leg armor, at this point save yourself the grind and go for a lvl 30+ build. I mostly go quite low on leg armor and have never really felt my survivability being lower than with high leg armor. There is also the loomed body armor that gives you good leg protection in most cases.)

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2012, 11:25:53 pm »
weapon
shield
hand armor
body armor
secondary weapon
head armor

you will notice difference faster when u first loom weapon then when you loom armor. If u are cav then first loom horse.

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 10:36:19 am »
+1
I change armour alot, but I keep on using the same weapons. Weapons its harder to adjust, one's playstyle generally conforms with only a few weapons so I suggest looming a weapon first. Armour, if you like switching armour sets, gloves first. If you have an established look you like, body first.

Gloves vs Helmet. If you change armour alot, gloves since you can keep one set of loomed gloves that will match many types of helms/body. If you intend to keep one set of armour forever, helm before gloves, but body armour before gloves/helms. Reasoning being, unloomed medium body armour is generally enough to keep a person from being 1-2 shot. Getting hit in the head leads to 1-2 shot deaths, with loomed head armour, you have a slightly larger chance of surviving the +3 xbow bolt to the face. You may be left with nearly no hp, but it beats dying. By comparison, getting hit in the body with a +3 bolt generally won't 1 shot you unless you're in peasant gear.

Offline Joseph Porta

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 234
  • cRPG Player
  • (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻. take all my upvotes! Part-time retard
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild Enthousiast,
  • Game nicks: Wy can't I upvote my own posts, Im a fucken genius, yo.
  • IRC nick: Joseph_Porta
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 06:42:58 pm »
I've got 1 loompoint and i'll probably won't spend it for a very long time, since I switch weapons like every round, same thing with armor, and tbh I play fine without looms, not that I know how it's like playing with them(:P), but anyways I think I will be fine playing without them untill I know for sure which class imma play for good.

(click to show/hide)
I loot corpses of their golden teeth.
But he'll be around somewhere between Heaven and The Devil, because neither of them will take him in, and he'll be farting loudly and singing a filthy song.

i'll be there at around
chadztime™

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 06:54:31 pm »
gloves
body
weapon
helm
boots

Loom gloves first because you can wear them with basically any armor, I assume by the time you finish your 3 gens looming the gloves you will know which armor you like, so loom that. Then weapon, helmet, and boots. I think you can probs get a different weapon over boots if you want though.