Author Topic: Anti-Gaming  (Read 5724 times)

Offline engurrand

• Psychopath
  • Earl
  • Renown: 359
  • Infamy: 101
  • cRPG Player
  • Trifecta
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Kingdom of Veluca
Re: Anti-Gaming
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 09:19:18 pm »
+1
I've grown tired of the fact that in crpg if you aren't one of the pros, you'll never improve because they just slaughter you instantly every round. So, I'm just playing this as a poor man's economy simulator. Wearing minimalist gear, lazily protecting myself from pros I know will kill me, I watch my gold increase. All I care for now is to make in game money, because the game play is only fun for pros.

you are the 99% a neo goy-jew hyrbid
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 09:53:39 pm »
+2
I've grown tired of the fact that in crpg if you aren't one of the pros, you'll never improve because they just slaughter you instantly every round. So, I'm just playing this as a poor man's economy simulator. Wearing minimalist gear, lazily protecting myself from pros I know will kill me, I watch my gold increase. All I care for now is to make in game money, because the game play is only fun for pros.

It kind of sucks because the whole idea behind this item breaking/repairing thing is to make it so people can't wear the best of the best all the time.

Unfortunately chadz did not think this through when he made it so you can sell your loom points on the market.  Now he is looking for more ways to make it so there is more gold sinks but it is too little and too late.

It royally screws over new players.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 167
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 09:56:15 pm »
It kind of sucks because the whole idea behind this item breaking/repairing thing is to make it so people can't wear the best of the best all the time.

Unfortunately chadz did not think this through when he made it so you can sell your loom points on the market.  Now he is looking for more ways to make it so there is more gold sinks but it is too little and too late.

Moar goldsinks? lel, fuck that. Hurr imma spend even more gold wearing mediocre gear.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 09:59:14 pm »

It only "screws" them over while they are in their first gen or while they do not have enough gold for medium gear and good weapons. Once that is over, they are able to sell the loompoint themself and ignore the upkeep as well.
After all, leveling up is not about skill but only about time currently.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 10:02:03 pm »
+1
Skill helps with the leveling up grind though X2 > X1

Offline Miwiw

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 10:03:55 pm »
Yes, it's not needed though. X1 makes you also finishing a gen, with double the time of course.

And if you're the only one in your team with skill, it neither helps. However the team itself often brings you up to x5 without any work or effort, therefore the time is more important than the skill.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 10:17:34 pm »
+1
I'v spent loads of hours playing and dueling but never managed to stick out the mass or be listed in player names. But i get my fair part of kills and I'm happy with that.

You will always be better then someone else. try to find your class, it took me a good year but finally i settled with a 1h/ thrower hybrid.

and nothing is best then to hear chase go on ts ": Fuck you Lactose"
i totaly get it man. I played for 7-8 moths trying classes,trying to be good  as 2h but it realy isn't for me.
Now i am 1h shielder and i am good with it. Sometimes i get to top of scoreboard,sometimes i get to bottom,or middle but nvm.
it realy depends how my team play (do they play every man for himself or tpgether),how familiar is map and how teamplay of enemy is.
I would advise to new guy to try some classes,and then decide what suits him best and then practice and play. Try rageball or siedge because you will respawn emidiatly after you die.

Offline Miwiw

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 10:20:51 pm »
Regarding tryig classes one thing is very important:

Finnish at least 1 gen with each class. If you quit the class halfway the gen, it doesn't count, you have to play a lot with each to know if you like it or not. Also try different builds,
there is a difference between a 15/24 or 24/15 build.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 10:21:01 pm »
+1
It only "screws" them over while they are in their first gen or while they do not have enough gold for medium gear and good weapons. Once that is over, they are able to sell the loompoint themself and ignore the upkeep as well.
After all, leveling up is not about skill but only about time currently.
You dont need money to use gear up to 30k. You can go with 1k and get 50k in one generation.
Lvling is connected to how much you play daily. If you can play 6-7 hours a day you can get gen in one week.

Offline Tagora

• Duke
  • Renown: 522
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
  • there's bollocks in yr tea
    • View Profile
    • ClickCLICKclickCLICKCLICKCLICK
  • Faction: Dubliners
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2012, 10:28:55 pm »
I'm the exact opposite, OP.  I only care about killing people and I give away my gold.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tagora/

c h e l s e a  b o y s

Offline Muki

• Earl
  • Renown: 455
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • 偽善正義
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Exile
  • Game nicks: Muki
  • IRC nick: Muki, Muki39
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 10:29:06 pm »
NA Drama :D

As a volunteer admin I clearly have no life and live only to eradicate all fun and enjoyment from the game. Your tears of rage are all the payment I need.
Yes I drew most of my avatars

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 10:30:50 pm »
+4
What i learned from byzantium ppl it looks like not important but it realy matter. You need to know map well and know where to move,and where not to go if you don't want to get early raped.
It realy matter if you know where cav go,where archers camp,where inf moves,so you know where to go. You will live much longer, and kill more.
Also you need to know when to run,when to attack,and will ur teammates run or fight with enemy.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 10:40:38 pm »
+1
What i learned from byzantium ppl it looks like not important but it realy matter. You need to know map well and know where to move,and where not to go if you don't want to get early raped.
It realy matter if you know where cav go,where archers camp,where inf moves,so you know where to go. You will live much longer, and kill more.
Also you need to know when to run,when to attack,and will ur teammates run or fight with enemy.
True, duelling only gets you halfway, the rest is experience with how battle works and developing awareness for where to go and when to go there.

Offline Osiris

• King
  • Renown: 1449
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Osiris. Aethelstan
  • IRC nick: _Osiris_
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 10:42:54 pm »
+1
you think crpg learning and gold curve is harsh now? try playing back in the day when you were a peasent for days if not weeks :P not now when your lvl 20 in a few hours
i make terrible warband videos! https://youtu.be/jUdVGIOuULk

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 10:43:45 pm »
+1
^BRING BACK LADDERS