Author Topic: Fairly new to cRPG - Need more help!  (Read 2921 times)

Offline Ben3fic1al

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Fairly new to cRPG - Need more help!
« on: April 04, 2011, 10:15:44 am »
I hate to make two topics in one day but since everyone was so helpful before hopefully it won't be a problem. I've been going through a lot of different builds lately and I haven't found anything that has suited me. I recently started on a 2 hand/throwing build but I really didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I've decided that I think I would have the most fun with a 1 hand/shield but I really don't want to mess up and not be strong enough to do much damage. I have no idea what I'm doing but this is what I have so far!

Code: [Select]
-Stats for level 30-

Strength: 21
Agility: 15
Hit points: 70
Converted: 2
Ironflesh: 7
Power Strike: 7
Shield: 5
Athletics: 5
Weapon Master: 5
One Handed: 148

-Weapon Slots-
-Weight=6.75-

Long Espada Eslavona
Knightly Heater Shield

-Armor Slots-
-Weight=19.5-

Great Helmet
Heraldic Mail with Surcoat
Mail Mittens
Mail Boots

-Total Weight=26.25-

I really want a fairly balanced build but would I be too slow with this? Should I go with an 18/18 instead?

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: Fairly new to cRPG - Need more help!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 10:23:24 am »
That build is a fine build.
I wouldn't use that heavy of gear with a shield as it slows you down, and the huscarl is definitely the best shield for surviving. Knightly heater is nice for more aggressive play, though.
One thing you need to keep in mind regarding your builds is this: Do you prefer to be slower but kill in less swing + have more HP, OR, do you prefer to be faster and more mobile at the cost of damage and HP? It comes down to your on preference with all builds.
My advice is this: Play that build all the way out to 31, and retire it. You will then know what type you like and can make your ideal build next time. If you really hate that build by level 25?  Then sure retire to something you'd prefer more without the bonus.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 10:50:58 am »
Yup can't find any flaws in that build. It's my current build, except that i have riding 5 and only two points in ironflesh.

Great about the build you propose is high hitpoints and good shield skill, which will make you have very high survivability.

One drawback over the 18 / 18 build, as i see it, is athletics 5 instead of 6. But the extra str and powestrike adds hitpoints and that extra bit of killing power. Fine build.

Offline Ben3fic1al

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 10:52:17 am »
I think I'll try something like this then! Thank you! I was thinking about using the Long Espada Eslavona but after looking at them again the Nordic Champion's Sword looks fairly appealing. Is that one of the best 1 handed weapons?

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 11:41:37 am »
If you get bored with being a shielder you can also stop your 1h wpf at 120-130 and put the remaining in crossbow. I did that with my alt who I originally made to be a shielder. He now has 80 xbow wpf and is really fun to play as (Well hello there mr. HA. Say hello to my LITTLE FRIEND *Pulls out xbow and 1 hits the horse)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Ben3fic1al

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 12:03:23 pm »
I didn't even think about that! How much WPF would I have to put into crossbows to use it efficiently? At least 80?

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 12:13:24 pm »
Messing about with the cRPG Calculator will show you that the difference between 15 str with 5PS and 21 str with 7PS is only on average 5 points of damage. I'm not sure 1h strength builds are worth it.
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ben3fic1al

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 12:39:25 pm »
Does this look any better?

Strength: 15
Agility: 21
Hit points: 56
Ironflesh: 3
Power Strike: 5
Shield: 7
Athletics: 7
Weapon Master: 7
One Handed: 160
Crossbow: 50

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 01:40:28 pm »
Why not consider some of the 1H axes? They have more cut than all swords and do more dmg vs. shield. With power strike 7 and a good axe you would do some wicked damage (suffering at speed and reach, but hey, balance).

Or a pick/mace for that matter, for all the tincans. If you play around a bit with Vargas' damage calculator you can notice that pierce/blunt damage really improves compared to cut once the target armor is better.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 01:49:42 pm by Vibe »

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 03:09:09 pm »
Does this look any better?

Strength: 15
Agility: 21
Hit points: 56
Ironflesh: 3
Power Strike: 5
Shield: 7
Athletics: 7
Weapon Master: 7
One Handed: 160
Crossbow: 50

Fine build for a dedicated 1h + shielder who occasionally uses an xbow. I bet some of the veteran xbowers out there would tell you to stop at 145-ish 1h wpf and put the rest in xbow wpf.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 12:11:44 am »
I didn't even think about that! How much WPF would I have to put into crossbows to use it efficiently? At least 80?
Well as I said I have 80 something wpf and I'm not THATS accurate. So if you want to snipe I would say about 100? But 80 is enouhg to hit people at medium distance though, and most of the time the enemy is in a group so it doesn't matter that much. Also this will amke you have something to do when defending in siege at the beginning and when flagcamping.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 12:44:16 am »
ya everything past 130 wpf is pretty dam good, i would go up to 143, just to be sure, 21 -15 is the build of champions
Just a soldier

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 01:15:50 pm »
Im also new player for this mod. Very soon I will retire for the first time and I have doubts/question.
On taleworlds forum was very detail post about retirement but since all topics about cRPG mod are deleted I cant remember:
- do I need to make a new character with different name and enter on cRPG server and then go to retirement (An heir has been born...)
- or just go to retirement button and my character with my name (Sagar) will just reset to level 1 - generation 2?

Thanks for help!!

I just cant find topic with this explanation.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 05:21:14 pm »
Im also new player for this mod. Very soon I will retire for the first time and I have doubts/question.
On taleworlds forum was very detail post about retirement but since all topics about cRPG mod are deleted I cant remember:
- do I need to make a new character with different name and enter on cRPG server and then go to retirement (An heir has been born...)
- or just go to retirement button and my character with my name (Sagar) will just reset to level 1 - generation 2?

Thanks for help!!

I just cant find topic with this explanation.
You do not need to make a new character. That's how it was before, now you just retire and keep the name, so yes, the 2nd option. If you want to change name however, you will have to make a new character, but that is another procedure.

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2011, 07:21:30 pm »
Thanks for the answer.