Author Topic: Scrims, Where did they go?  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • Renown: 685
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
  • All I do is shitpost anymore in this game.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tom_Cruise_Dota_Fanatic
  • IRC nick: Tom_Cruise
Scrims, Where did they go?
« on: July 11, 2012, 12:13:33 pm »
+4
Why don't these happen anymore? Why Cant some clans come together and have some good fighting? It can either be a serious competition between rival clans, clans coming together for friendly yet intense serious combat, or multiple clans (alliances and such) to just have fun. Now I know I will probably get the "Oh well duh bro what your talking about is Strat", but Strat is not the same. Its fun to fight one whatever map you want, with the gear that you always use and have come to love or whatever  gear you please, and it doesn't come with all of the other "Chores" of Strat such as gathering your gold for tickets, gear, then having to recruit people on your roster, etc.

One Scrim I remember is between BlackRose (Yes I used to be in Blackrose, which then turned into Invictus, which is now Astralis  :P ) and CHAOS. It was best of three out of five rounds for three maps, winner would get to decide the next map. This was just a friendly Scrim but we wanted a good, intense fight as well. Now I don't remember who won in the end, all I remember is it was a blast! We would do dinky little things such as "Champion Duels" at the beginning of rounds sometimes, which then proceeded with normal battle.

So where did Scrimmages go? Do people not own any servers any more making it incapable of hosting them? Or does nobody feel like having them anymore? I sure miss them, anyone else feel the same?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
Re: Scrims, Where did they go?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 12:32:41 pm »
Yeah I remember when clans did this often. It was a fun time. I only participated in one scrim afaik with OoTL. It was fun and had a more friendly spirit, competitive but friendly.

I believe its more down to people not hosting as many servers anymore plus clans got more competitive and less friendly over time as more clans got into strat.

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 12:34:52 pm »
+1
Yeah, I think Strat fatigue is probably the main reason. People don't have the energy to organize much stuff outside of it.
Don't.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 02:33:05 pm »
Strat doesn't really take up that much time. You have small periods of organizing, trading, production, etc., then you have the battles themselves. Battles only last an hour or so and you don't have battles to often. It just seems to me that it wouldn't be hard to host a scrim every now and then if you have a server.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 02:37:34 pm »
Too lazy.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 02:42:03 pm »
Strat doesn't really take up that much time. You have small periods of organizing, trading, production, etc., then you have the battles themselves. Battles only last an hour or so and you don't have battles to often. It just seems to me that it wouldn't be hard to host a scrim every now and then if you have a server.
For most people. For clan leaders, it's a pretty big chore if you're actually trying to accomplish anything, especially if you're not in a huge alliance allowing you to rely on others.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Have_At_Thee

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 02:43:22 pm »
+1
Ever since seeing that new 'ladder' button on the char page I thought they were planning on implementing a system where clans can challenge each other to obtain rank by points.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 02:45:22 pm »
Ever since seeing that new 'ladder' button on the char page I thought they were planning on implementing a system where clans can challenge each other to obtain rank by points.

Would indeed be nice, something like Clanbase/ESL with rankings. Clans would challenge other clans with their rules for a match. Clans could then reserve time slots for matches on a clan match dedicated server (just like Strat battles happen on EU3). The winning clan would get ranking points based on how high the other clan is ranked.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 02:50:08 pm by Vibe »

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 02:46:07 pm »
+1
I don't play it because it takes too long to craft thing,and then there will always be pricks who will robb you and destroy ur work.
Some clans have too much stuff,and fiefs that starting to play now and craft is stupid because they already have big advantage in money and stuff.
Rooster is always full,and you never can get in one,so another reason to not play strat.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 02:53:10 pm »
Byzantium is always up for clanbattles, afaik we've been having a hard time finding opponents. A lot of clans sorta died and are mostly playing other games. A way bigger part of the crowd that I see playing on EU_1 these days are clanless. It used to be pretty much all clanmembers.

I think something like a supported clan battle system using the website could be the spark necessary to revitalize clan battles, which is still the most awesome thing in cRPG.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 02:54:44 pm »
+1
Strat doesn't really take up that much time. You have small periods of organizing, trading, production, etc., then you have the battles themselves. Battles only last an hour or so and you don't have battles to often.

You really have no idea...
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 03:00:50 pm »
For most people. For clan leaders, it's a pretty big chore if you're actually trying to accomplish anything, especially if you're not in a huge alliance allowing you to rely on others.

Well back before the Russian Red Tide swept all of NA, I pretty much ran HoC, which was one of the founder of the "Carebear Alliance" if you remember that. So I was doing quite a bit of work collaborating with other clans along with my own, but there will still plenty of free time to have a friendly Scrim.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 03:02:56 pm »

You really have no idea...

Lol ya I kind of do. I'll say same thing I said to Tydeus. I had a big part in the last "Great Strat War" (If we can call it that.)

Offline okiN

• Marshall
  • Renown: 924
  • Infamy: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 03:05:42 pm »
HoC had a big part in something? I thought it was just Chaos. :P
Don't.

Offline Tom Cruise

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 03:08:50 pm »
HoC had a big part in something? I thought it was just Chaos. :P

The Original Carebear Alliance was HoC, LLJK, and CHAOS.....YA JERK