Author Topic: Fairly new to cRPG - Wondering if this is a decent first build?  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Ben3fic1al

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Code: [Select]
-Stats for level 30-

Strength: 18
Agility: 21
Hit points: 59
Converted: 8
Ironflesh: 3
Power Strike: 6
Athletics: 6
Power Throw: 3
Weapon Master: 5
Two Handed: 140
Throwing: 60

-Weapon Slots-
-Weight=10-

Danish Greatsword
Old Heater Shield
Javelins

-Armor Slots-
-Weight=29.5-

Klappvisier
Heraldic Transitional Armour
Hourglass Gauntlets
Iron Greaves

I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm trying! Any opinions?

Offline Spurdospera

• Earl
  • Renown: 315
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spurdo...
  • IRC nick: Spurdo
Re: Fairly new to cRPG - Wondering if this is a decent first build?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 09:54:50 pm »
you´re going to be very poor knight with those gear...
Quote from: Mortemer
spurdo is as useless as my hat.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 09:55:06 pm »
I do not get raising agi to 21 without making a dependant skill 7 - recommend swap an IF for another athletics.

Your remaining 2 IF might be better spent on shield skill, unless you want to brave it out and manual block, and dodge incoming missiles. Low shield skill and your time between throws will be greater.

Check the general section for a thread 'visual throwing analysis'; may want to go 100 wpf in throw.. may.

No matter, should be playable.

EDIT:
or just go 18/18 with only 2 converted points. 120/100 wpf if wm 5.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 11:36:02 pm by Zisa »
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 02:25:38 am »
you´re going to be very poor knight with those gear...

Exactly :(

Hourglass Gauntlets and Iron Greaves will have to go, most likely...
Weapon Master must be 7 if you have 21 Agility :) Its a single most important skill for a melee fighter, after Power Strike. 140 in 2h should be ok for a Greatsword, if you dont rely on spam, and block when needed.
Throwing with under 100 WP is meah... I am a Mounted Javelin Thrower right now, and aiming at 140+ WP in throwing. I have settled for 100 WP in 2h, since i use a Bastard Sword. I do well against most of my opponents in melee, or at least do not feel that i am being killed because i swing too slow.
With a shield - you only have 8 Javelins on you, so you will want to make them count :) Awesome weapon for its price btw.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 03:14:32 am »
Only convert 2 points on your first build not 8.  Put 6 into weaponmaster (more wpf is always useful especially when youa re dual-classing like this), 6 into athletics, 6 into powerstrike, 6 into powerthrow (only 3 your javelins wont do much damage, 6 will increase shoot speed, damage and accuracy), and the last 5 into ironflesh as it is really useful when you wear heavy armor as it can add up to another 1-2 hits. 

Equipment wise:  Don't be another generic guy, everyone and their brother uses the 3 most expensive swords even though they are not the best.  Try out the heavy great sword (faster) or the nodachi (longer, more cut damage) or the longsword (all around best 2her).  There are a dozen other cool 2hers that msot people ignore.  Also, with your armor and that sword you will have it allbroken and not afford repairs inside of a week.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Stokes

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stokes52, ArcherStokes, and now by popular demand: ThrowerStokes
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 03:51:27 am »
It looks like you want to be able to lay on the pain with a 2her while also being able to do some damage with throwing weapons, right? I would suggest this build, I think you will all around have better luck with it:

In fact, I'm thinking about making this build myself...

You'll have a good amount of hitpoints (good for a first build), but you'll also be able to dish out massive damage with 7 powerthrow and 7 powerstrike. I gave you one shield point so you can get a decent shield, however this is probably unnecessary. If it were me I'd put it into ironflesh instead, but it's your call.

Strength: 21
Agility: 15
Converted: 2
Ironflesh: 4
Power Strike: 7
Shield: 1
Athletics: 5
Power Throw: 7
Weapon Master: 5
Two Handed: 123
Throwing: 100

EDIT: Weapons-wise, I used the bastard sword on my two-hander generation. I've been using it since Mount & Blade 1 singleplayer - it's a great weapon. In cRPG I only had 5 powerstrike on my build but I found it had all the speed and killing power I needed. It's not as long as some but I loved being able to get in close and slice-and-dice. It's also incredibly cheap compared to some of the other swords. Some people like the long, slow two-handers though, it's your call.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 03:58:34 am by Stokes »

Offline Ben3fic1al

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 07:03:46 am »
Thank you all so much for your help! I've just gotten to level 15 (again!) and I'm about to retire for the second time. I just started playing cRPG again and I didn't know how the repairs worked so I've rethought my gear choices and decided to get something lighter/cheaper. I think I've also decided to go with a build similar to Stokes but thank all of you for your help again! Hopefully someday I'll be able to go positive! (: