Author Topic: complete newb here  (Read 490 times)

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • Renown: 179
  • Infamy: 167
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
complete newb here
« on: July 09, 2012, 07:55:43 pm »
Would you guys recommend starting up a separate strat character? Also if I were to start strat now with my current "main"(although he isnt declared as such) would all his stuff transfer over?
Edit: This will be my first time ever doing strategus and I am looking to start relatively soon.

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
Re: complete newb here
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 09:10:07 pm »
+2
Use the type of character you enjoy playing the most for your main/strategus character.  Two reasons: 

When you play strategus battles you can get tons of xp so that will help your main character level up faster.  Just yesterday I did a npc town defense and a npc castle defense, both about 1.5 hours each and must have got like 500-600k xp.

It's going to change in the somewhat near future but right now you earn crafting skill points for the gear that you're wearing whenever you get a "all thine hard work has paid off" message while playing regular cRPG servers.  So if you play that character a lot wearing the same set of gear it'll be useful.  For example, in Strategus buying 100 sets of Sarranid guard armor for your troops would cost 108 each but if you have 19 crafting skill points that would give you a 54% discount so you could make them instead for 50 gold each.

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 09:11:38 pm »
Thank you sir. Another question then. Retiring, recommended in strat?

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 09:40:33 pm »
+2
Yeah, every time you retire at level 31 you get an heirloom point and a little more xp per minute on the regular cRPG servers so leveling will be slightly faster each time.  You'll feel weak until you get back around level 25-ish but you're now earning crafting points in the weapon/armor that you heirloomed if you happen to have it equipped when you get the ATHW messages, so that'll be good in the long run.

When signing up for the npc side of a castle/town defense, right now the AI hires people with high levels over everyone else, so you might have some trouble getting into those battles until you get back around level 30.  Sometimes the AI hires you earlier in the day and then bumps you for someone with a higher level a few hours before the battle too, so be sure and check back.  Also, not sure if this is still an issue but leave your requested gold at 0 because the AI used to not hire people that asked for gold, because the AI is a dick.

If signing up for another player's battle, they can see your level so just put info about your build in the application like: 2h 21/18 (strength/agility) 3 riding.  Last thing, on c-rpg.net go into the settings/region and make sure your timezone offset matches your current time so you don't show up at the wrong time for a battle.

Offline betard_lulz

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 09:46:06 pm »
thanks again.