Author Topic: Pole Stagger-NA  (Read 2643 times)

Offline Snickers

• Baron
  • Renown: 95
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Pole Stagger-NA
« on: July 06, 2012, 05:17:16 am »
Why has pole stagger not been removed from NA yet? It is still a huge problem.

Has the Devs abandoned us?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ramza

• Earl
  • Renown: 344
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
  • @aeonslife
    • View Profile
    • Aeonslife
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: Trisection_Ramza
Re: Pole Stagger-NA
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 05:27:53 am »
+4

Offline Snickers

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 05:43:00 am »
I will not deal with discrimination.

Offline HardRice

• Marshall
  • Renown: 740
  • Infamy: 161
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 187/Alligator
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 05:55:40 am »
+4
Why has pole stagger not been removed from NA yet? It is still a huge problem.

Has the Devs abandoned us?
Be happy devs are using EU people as lab rats and guinea pigs.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2012, 07:07:39 am »
+1
I'm able to easily spam and castor a bunch of people faster and more often than I get a polestun that helps as much.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2012, 03:58:30 pm »
People whine about polestagger too much.  I rarely get a stagger on someone, and when I do I'm never expecting it so I don't have another swing ready to go when it happens.  Even when I get staggered I hardly ever get hit again from the same person (unless I'm trying to attack instead of block). 

Polearms were used differently than 2handed swords in combat, some had hooks, and would use the blunt end for sweeping the feet as well.  You can't really compensate for that in warband, so they make the lengths not as long as 2h animations, but give them polestagger chance.  Seems legit to me.

But people QQ enough and the dev's will cave in, like they always do.  Same reason you end up with a game like World of Warcraft.  All the lowest common denominators bitch enough, and they make a watered down game that appeals to the most people (trying to appease everyone is a horrible model for making great games, it's a good model for making a lot of money though).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 04:41:05 pm »
+4
@Crazy
Random dice roll is crap, has no player influence what so ever. Warband IMO should try to have as few random dice rolls as possible and lots and lots of ways for player influence.

Not saying stagger didn't make sense balance-wise but it was very frustrating knowing you/your opponent didn't have to do anything special but get a hit and a lucky dice roll to stumble you around.

Anyway they're going to compensate for the loss of pole stagger (i hope), so chill your tits.

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 196
  • cRPG Player
  • Now look under your seat...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: JABONRA
  • Game nicks: Egan
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 04:41:46 pm »
+4
It is somewhat annoying, but I don't think it is something that needed to go (same with lolstabs), but it would be nice to have the NA and EU servers synced up, or atleast a reason why it hasn't been removed on NA yet.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 04:53:02 pm »
+1
Mori I don't care if it stays or goes, just saying I don't think it was as big of a deal as people made it out to be.  Especially not with 2h's getting 80 length added to the stabs (lol).  And I agree with egan it should be the same on EU as NA.

I think the arrow/bolt/throwing stagger was worse than polestagger.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 05:03:24 pm »
+2
Mori I don't care if it stays or goes, just saying I don't think it was as big of a deal as people made it out to be.  Especially not with 2h's getting 80 length added to the stabs (lol).  And I agree with egan it should be the same on EU as NA.

I think the arrow/bolt/throwing stagger was worse than polestagger.

Weapon lengths due to animations are a constant though. Its not like sometimes a greatsword has +10 reach and 40% of the time it has a gogo gadget +100 reach bonus. This means players can compensate for it. Polestagger is somewhat different given that you don't know what is going to happen when you get hit.

Also, I don't think 2hers have gotten +80 reach on stabs since they changed the stab animations 6 months ago or whenever that was. Greatswords used to be minipikes against cav now they get outranged all the time.

Offline Snickers

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 06:25:57 pm »
I'm able to easily spam and castor a bunch of people faster and more often than I get a polestagger that helps as much.

Castors is a technique created by Castor and is not something that is implemented into the game. Generally castors can easily be countered, but pole stagger cannot be counter except not being hit.

The huge problem is during battle; some random peasant with a scythe can hit you from the side or behind and render you completely useless. Pole Stagger happens with every weapon.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 08:00:17 pm »
Castors is a technique created by Castor and is not something that is implemented into the game. Generally castors can easily be countered, but pole stagger cannot be counter except not being hit.

The huge problem is during battle; some random peasant with a scythe can hit you from the side or behind and render you completely useless. Pole Stagger happens with every weapon.

Polestagger is easily countered--block it. Castoring someone is not so easily countered, especially if you have a Mastwerwork Longsword or Katana. Yes, you can block it, but it's not as easy as blocking just a normal attack that MAY result in a polestagger.

A peasant hit you with a scythe and you got polestaggered? Okay, what are the chances that would happen? I'd say they're pretty low, considering a peasant has little or no Power Strike and the chance that a polestagger will occur. I say be more careful, maybe kill the peasant first with your one-shot-kill two-hander and then continue to slash super quickly at the other enemies while doing a bunch of damage.

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2012, 08:04:27 pm »
+1

Castors weren't created by Castor, I know a couple of players that used it from times to times included myself long before Castor even used it.

It was coined as Castor Swing because Castor was the first one to build his entire playstyle around it and pretty much use it 95% of the time as opposed to once in awhile, so he was the most noticeable user.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2012, 08:07:59 pm »
^ Still don't know who you are ...

Offline oprah_winfrey

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2012, 08:09:16 pm »
Polestagger is easily countered--block it. Castoring someone is not so easily countered, especially if you have a Mastwerwork Longsword or Katana. Yes, you can block it, but it's not as easy as blocking just a normal attack that MAY result in a polestagger.

A peasant hit you with a scythe and you got polestaggered? Okay, what are the chances that would happen? I'd say they're pretty low, considering a peasant has little or no Power Strike and the chance that a polestagger will occur. I say be more careful, maybe kill the peasant first with your one-shot-kill two-hander and then continue to slash super quickly at the other enemies while doing a bunch of damage.

It doesn't matter how much damage the peasant does, the chance of polestagger is the same.