Author Topic: cRPG's next top model  (Read 734 times)

Offline Sir_Senior_the_Eldest

• Count
  • Renown: 178
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Sir_Senior_the_Eldest, Son_Sonsonsonson
cRPG's next top model
« on: July 05, 2012, 02:56:07 am »
Hi guys,

you can often read posts from people complaining about the standard kuyak + vaegir war mask armor combination or a totally weird mix of weaboo with rhodok board shield and a viking helmet etc. Actually I'm also sometimes a bit disturbed about those styles but hey it's one of the mod's gadgets to be able to create your really own char.
So I just got a rough idea. Why not including a function on your crpg homepage to be able to rate some char pics of other players wearing their armor? So beside writing your char's lifeline you could also add a pic and people can watch it. Now what's the clue about it?
If there's a possibility to gain benefits with a better rating of your gear by other random crpgers we could possibly change some 'just pic the best of everything' gears to a good looking one.
I don't say the benefits should be enormous, but what about a weekly income of 2000 denars or xp when your rating is at least at 5/10 or something like that.
So people can still wear a weird gear if wanted but the handsome or historically accurate guys will gain a little cash extra.

Just an idea.
I have a dream that one day this mod will rise up, and live out the true meaning of its creed: ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all classes are created equal.’

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: cRPG's next top model
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 08:15:58 am »
The problem with your idea is that the weirdest outfits will get the highest ratings. That's because a lot of the cRPG players are still in the "zomg, look at that shite"-phase of their lives.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 09:55:55 am »
And everyone would put up a picture where they have some decent looking gear on and still play with plate and weeaboo helmet and boots ingame while using hornbow, bodkins, shield and a sword.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Ptolemy

• Weeaboo
  • Count
  • Renown: 257
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja
  • Game nicks: Nomin
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 05:28:17 pm »
And everyone would put up a picture where they have some decent looking gear on and still play with plate and weeaboo helmet and boots ingame while using hornbow, bodkins, shield and a sword.

No reason you couldn't have it linked to an image of their currently set default armour.

Having said that, sounds like too much work for far too little return - who really looks at profiles? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 05:43:39 pm »
Good idea, but development focus is needed elsewhere.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 06:19:06 pm »
+3
Solution is simple, remove weaboo gear. This mod overall have little quality control and instead opt for high quantity model. There are still butt-ugly native models in the game, there is no unified armor creation model (look at the man-at-arms pack done by narf, especially on the helmets - how they are done, then look at old models where part of aventail is on the armor model and second is on the helmet, it's very common on old narf's models).

Offline Sir_Senior_the_Eldest

• Count
  • Renown: 178
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Sir_Senior_the_Eldest, Son_Sonsonsonson
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 10:06:25 pm »
Good idea, but development focus is needed elsewhere.

Yeah, that's right, I guess. It's too much effort but maybe this starts a general thought about this topic, although it's just a detail.
I have a dream that one day this mod will rise up, and live out the true meaning of its creed: ‘We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all classes are created equal.’