Author Topic: Make obstacles block all weapons the same way  (Read 309 times)

Offline Moribund

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Make obstacles block all weapons the same way
« on: July 04, 2012, 10:43:47 pm »
+4
For some time now, i was under the impression that polearms got more easily blocked/interrupted by obstacles than twohanders.

According to the game mechanic megathread the animation-modifiers of a right to left swing are:

Twohand  = +13
2h Polearm = -2

A Heavy Bastard Sword (105) and a Bec De Corbin (120) should then be of equal length.
I tested the following on the duel server:

I tried to hit a non-moving shielder with both weapons and without moving, while keeping the "view outfit" key pressed to prevent different attack angles.
I found a position where the Heavy Bastard Sword hit the shield (standing at my right side) and the Bec De Corbin did not.  :?:
The weapons should then be at least of the same length.

Next i tried hitting a stone wall at the same position the shield was before.
When the attack of the Bec got interrupted by the wall, the Heavy Bastard Sword's attack was not.

It might be a only related to one of those two weapons (i did not investigate it further) and i am only assuming this is a difference with weapon classes.
Anyway. i just wanted to point it out.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Make obstacles block all weapons the same way
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 11:15:25 pm »
+1
Those reach modifiers for the animations have been determined using a quite crude experiment. It's not that precise.

Still, that changes nothing to your conclusion, which is interesting.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
Re: Make obstacles block all weapons the same way
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 12:17:12 am »
Polearms strike walls and debris and the like very very easily, while other weapons tend to just pass right through them. This is incredibly frustrating when trying to fight someone who's hugging a wall with my pike. I aim perfectly for their head, the tip of the pike nearly hits them, and then bounces off the wall BEHIND them...  :?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login