Author Topic: What would you like to see in M&B 2  (Read 28691 times)

Offline Shaksie

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 115
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Double Thickshake
Re: What would you like to see in M&B 2
« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2012, 02:05:06 pm »
Stamina system added; (new mechanic) sprinting implemented which drains stamina (depending on athletics skill and agility), (new mechanic) bash (similar to kick but shorter range, faster, less stamina costly and less impact) should also take up stamina (depending on strength, agility and weapon master) as should holding a block (depending on strength and agility), blocking a strike should also drain (depending on your ironflesh skill, strength and weight of weapon used to block vs weight of weapon used to attack), swinging should (depending on weapon master, power strike, strength, agility and weight of weapon) as should holding a weapon back (depending on strength and weapon master) feinting should also take up stamina (based on strength, agility and weapon master). All stamina related values should be affected by total equip weight; mitigated by strength value, kicks should also be buffed so they are significantly easier to hit people with but shouldn't completely stop the recipient from performing movement.

Cooperative campaign mode; similar to current campaign but obviously with more complexity and elaboration of ideas etc.

Respectable graphics/visuals; speaks for itself.

Siege weapons; siege weapons should be integrated into campaign and multiplayer where players can operate them to great effect.

c-RPG native module; speaks for itself.
But with a better gold/xp system.

More comprehensive items; instead of buying a basic item, you should create/customize items from various available parts each with different statistics. Also should be able to paint items and place insignias on them. When heirlooming a weapon; one should be able to increase a certain aspect of their item (be it speed, range, damage etc.). Also add additional parts such as barbed blade to increase damage.
Give all items a base damage rating, armour penetration rating and armour damage rating
Breakable items; items should break when used too much, higher quality items should take more punishment before breaking. When broken, clearly they would be less effective but with comprehensive breaking types (eg broken blade for less damage, broken hilt for less speed/control).

In-game shop, marketplace.

Comprehensive character customization; customize a wide range of character aspects ranging from height to weight to facial features to body features, some with advantages/disadvantages.

[These next requests are somewhat delicate]
Better marketing to increase playerbase
Official servers for all major locales

« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:08:24 pm by Shaksie »
VERY nice boy :)

Offline Latrinenkobold

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Stop the nerfs
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hagur
« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2012, 05:09:33 pm »
+5
Fuck Stamina

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2012, 10:06:29 pm »
+2
Yeah stamina just punishes people for fighting well for a long time. dumb

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2012, 10:31:47 pm »
+2
Yeah stamina just punishes people for fighting well for a long time. dumb
Not necessarily. There are many ways stamina could be introduced, some systems could reward people for fighting well for a long time.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2012, 12:12:41 pm »
+2
Better community.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #140 on: November 20, 2012, 10:50:08 am »
+4
Not necessarily. There are many ways stamina could be introduced, some systems could reward people for fighting well for a long time.

After seeing how the stamina system works in Demon's/Dark Souls, I would honestly be interested in a similar system for a quick dynamic system instead of the long battery system like Elder's Scrolls (which would be terrible). It would certainly make blocking more interesting as well as make swings more tactical and reward timing.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #141 on: November 20, 2012, 04:35:40 pm »

After seeing how the stamina system works in Demon's/Dark Souls, I would honestly be interested in a similar system for a quick dynamic system instead of the long battery system like Elder's Scrolls (which would be terrible). It would certainly make blocking more interesting as well as make swings more tactical and reward timing.
Never played Dark Souls, wanna enlighten me?
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline cookieman3

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • cookies are tasty
    • View Profile
  • Faction: a band of foxes
  • Game nicks: cookie_the_insane fox.
  • IRC nick: cookie, cookiemon, cockie, cookiemonster. cooooooooooooookkieeeeee etc...
« Reply #142 on: November 20, 2012, 09:32:28 pm »
+2
i would like to see maybe a multyplayer campign where the players are the lords. and you will have to win x battle to win the siege or battle, also i would like to see an improve siege battles in SP that will not be 1 ladder of doom
cookies

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 22, 2012, 01:47:40 pm »
+2
  • The "function" of War of the Roses where uncovered parts of the helmet do not protect at all (different protection depending on the part and material of the armour).
  • The brutality of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

Offline Scully

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Fuck the police
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Scully
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2012, 09:27:33 pm »
- Remove forcefield effect from shield. Goes for melee as well as ranged. It should be possible to hit over, under or around the shield if the shielder isn't careful. Effectively adding a limited form of directional blocking to shielding.

- Make stabs more difficult to block. No more simply holding your block down to stop a stab, that's ridiculous. This is mentioned in the interview as one of the things they're improving for M&B2.

- Better horse mechanic. Getting run over by a horse should be more dangerous than it is. Better control, like sidestepping (seen in the alpha video).

- Change the way chambering works, so that it becomes a bigger part of combat and not the high level skillshot/lucky chamber it is today.

- Something else I'd like to see is a similar mechanic to how ranged weaponry is bumped in melee when you get close, added to all weapons (except dagger maybe). Basically if you get way too close to your enemy, you'd press your sword up against yourself. That way kicking, which can be very difficult to pull off, isn't the only way to stop facehuggers.

Offline cookieman3

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • cRPG Player
  • cookies are tasty
    • View Profile
  • Faction: a band of foxes
  • Game nicks: cookie_the_insane fox.
  • IRC nick: cookie, cookiemon, cockie, cookiemonster. cooooooooooooookkieeeeee etc...
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2012, 01:55:32 pm »
oh and i think an option to strike in a diagonal line will be good, and of they can change the blocking system a little bit
so lets say you strike in a left-to right up-down diagonal line and he blocks up he will take a little bit of dmg but not full dmg. so it will be harder but more forgiving to manual-block, i would also like if they will buff the shields to they will provide more protection, and will have an offencive capibilty so you can smack someone with your shield.

the last thing i would like to see its a stability meter, what it basicly does is makes you more vunrable if you spam like a squirl on coffee or defend like a scared child, so the players will have to balance their behavior, also blocking in the wrong direction will make you vunrable
cookies

Offline Uumdi

• Duke
  • Renown: 651
  • Infamy: 59
  • Ready to Die
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Uumdi_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Uumdi
« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2012, 04:54:43 am »
Die By the Sword Mechanics

Skip to 1:30, hahahahah, ohh I loved that game.

Ten shots of prayers, ten shots a day
A shot of thrill to hide the pain.
They can`t win, they just don`t cry,
The troopers know they live to die.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2012, 05:51:12 pm »
Horses charging at full speed into walls should die and throw their riders as well instead of simply rearing up (while at the same time providing the full charge damage bonus)
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Thorr

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2012, 01:37:49 am »
I would like to see:

more equipments (more weapons, more armors, more horses)

new types of armors (shoulder armore, forearm armor,  shorts armor

better and much different fighting and blocking styles

able to use 2 weapons in each hands.

New game system (after a successful attack, be able to do a lot of differents executing attacks for execute the enemie, if the enemy block the attack so you cannot use the executing attack)

more maps

more factions

ship battles

when giving a successful kick the ennemie fall in the ground

more kick attacks

be able to fight without weapons and blocking the ennemies attacks with your hands

sophisticate melee fighting (without weapons)

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 01:46:26 am by Thorr »

Offline Epic_Giant

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player
  • IM'A HOPPIN WHOPPA MOTHA FUCKA
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Stormcloak
  • Game nicks: Mostly i Play on Epic_Giant but i have a `SHITTON of alts
« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2012, 01:13:59 pm »
I would like to see:
be able to fight without weapons and blocking the ennemies attacks with your hands
Well U allready Can :D
(click to show/hide)