Author Topic: Fatigue for shield?  (Read 4691 times)

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
Re: Fatigue for shield?
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2012, 05:54:32 pm »
new game people : let's see if we can hide all von_Hazaa posts by -1 them
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2012, 05:54:48 pm »
I just love to see when people come cry and think they own the whole forum. I mean it is suggestion corner after all, i can ask them to add throwing pile of dogshit if i want to.

To make it more realistic for the game, throwing pile of horsepoop.

Also when i make suggestion, i want people to add more to it/give their own NEW point of view, as did Xynox, Mala and Zapper, this is the way how you come up with new things..

But since most of the players are immature, they attack the idea, instead of trying to add/change it.

People are as free to answer suggestions as they are free to make some. Everyone is allowed to write here, not only people with a suggestion and their supporters.

And in this case, I don't think that you can add anything to this suggestion. If anything, shielders need to be buffed, not nerfed, which goes into the opposite direction.

And to be honest: I think it is your suggestion, which is immature. You have problems fighting shielder and post a completely biased suggestion, which is then defended by insulting people and pointing at their spelling or claiming they didn't understand, although they did. they just formulated it in a way the suggestion doesn't sound "so good" any more...
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frell, Valperga
« Reply #62 on: July 03, 2012, 05:55:58 pm »
+2
Shielders should be the man infantry unit. Its the most practical way to play the game if you know what you're doing.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #63 on: July 03, 2012, 06:02:41 pm »
I just love to see when people come cry and think they own the whole forum. I mean it is suggestion corner after all, i can ask them to add throwing pile of dogshit if i want to.

To make it more realistic for the game, throwing pile of horsepoop.

Also when i make suggestion, i want people to add more to it/give their own NEW point of view, as did Xynox, Mala and Zapper, this is the way how you come up with new things..

But since most of the players are immature, they attack the idea, instead of trying to add/change it.

If the first feedback is negative, the following feedback will most likely be as well. In my eyes this community is not very mature, to say it politely, which causes some sort of group dynamics. Sadly, expecting to get minused or receiving retarded and irrational retorts is mandatory here. Needless to say they are to be ignored completely. As long as devs see the suggestion the job is done, as they will decide to their own likings anyway.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2012, 06:12:12 pm »
+1
If the first feedback is negative, the following feedback will most likely be as well. In my eyes this community is not very mature, to say it politely, which causes some sort of group dynamics. Sadly, expecting to get minused or receiving retarded and irrational retorts is mandatory here. Needless to say they are to be ignored completely. As long as devs see the suggestion the job is done, as they will decide to their own likings anyway.

That's how it works in many cases, but not all. And I don't think that the first answer can change a lot. Perhaps it upsets posters who want to post a different feedback, but as soon as the first different answer appears, the rest will join in. In the end the community will always say what it thinks. And I think many posters here, especially those with a lot of posts, do think about suggestions and support good ones. Although I think many players are too "lazy" to imagine bigger changes. But this is a different matter.

On the other hand, if someone tries to nerf a class which is basically underpowered, nothing else than negative feedback is to be expected.

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_Haze_The_Hobo Haze_Ze_PewPew
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2012, 06:16:55 pm »
As i told you, you are free to post your point of view. But you haven't done it, have you? I mean what new ideas you gave here, you said shields need a buff, how can they do it, without making things unbalanced?

I didn't know this thread was locked only for the original idea, i thought i made clear that anyone can speak up their mind to modify shields here.

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #66 on: July 03, 2012, 06:19:10 pm »
I'm confused, what's the issue with a shielder turtling?

They aren't killing.

So, if they aren't killing they aren't a threat.

So, attack a different Target that's threatening.

In any case, the better shielders don't block very often. As they are trying to keep the shield as long as possible for important moments. Such as getting triple teamed by pikes and swords of war.

In that event the shielder gets surrounded anyway due to how slow they are.

Can you provide me an example of a succesful turt,ling shielder, I can only think of two; blocking doorways(kick them, shield break, crush.....three easy solutions) or them running around the flag in siege(stop chasing them, take a step back, and swing so you'll hit them when they turn to squirm about)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 06:25:51 pm by Spa_geh_tea »

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 296
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_Haze_The_Hobo Haze_Ze_PewPew
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2012, 06:23:00 pm »
There is no issue, it just look so stupid to me that i want it to change.

I wouldn't have trolled, if Rhyf*g and rest didn't start it immediatly. We could have had a nice conversation, but sadly few fkface ruined it. :)

Offline Frell

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Frell, Valperga
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2012, 06:41:14 pm »
+1
Whats the difference between a shielder turtling and an agil 2h running away?

The worse is the combination of the two, the poles who would run away and then lolspin. Luckily its over.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2012, 07:51:52 pm »
+1
As i told you, you are free to post your point of view. But you haven't done it, have you? I mean what new ideas you gave here, you said shields need a buff, how can they do it, without making things unbalanced?

I didn't know this thread was locked only for the original idea, i thought i made clear that anyone can speak up their mind to modify shields here.

Well, I don't have any particular idea how to make shields more attractive again. As the only advantage 1hd has over 2hd is the higher speed, where the other one has more damage and higher reach, perhaps upping the 1hd weapon speed a tiny little bit could help? Currently 1hd players have really poor offensive abilities, and the speed advantage they have is even scaled down a bit by the 2hd animations (except of 1hd left swing, of course) and turning into your 2hd swing. But I guess my suggestion will probably cause as much flaming as yours, because people will complain about the super fast left swing and so on. So I better keep my mouth shut until I have a really good idea about something I really see a need to be changed. (Or to be a nice addition)

There is no issue, it just look so stupid to me that i want it to change.

I wouldn't have trolled, if Rhyf*g and rest didn't start it immediatly. We could have had a nice conversation, but sadly few fkface ruined it. :)

This is neither giving you the fault nor trying to insult you in some way. I just want to give the general advice that even if someone attacks you, usually it's better to stay calm. If they write "lol no, idiot", don't immediately answer with "NO U!", as this brings you nowhere. Stay calm and friendly, even if they didn't deserve it, say something like "Sorry that my idea doesn't please you, maybe you could say why? And please stop insulting me, as I didn't insult you either." and you've taken them all ammo. But if they see you rage, and you insult them back, all you will achieve is escalation. And this doesn't help your suggestion. If they still keep on calling you names, you can always report them to a moderator. If they start trolling, ignore them.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2012, 08:50:50 pm »
new game people : let's see if we can hide all von_Hazaa posts by -1 them
haha I knew someone had said that when I saw couple of hazaa's posts :D. That one -1 bombing with Grumbs and qqv was hilarious too :mrgreen:

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2012, 09:25:47 pm »
haha I knew someone had said that when I saw couple of hazaa's posts :D. That one -1 bombing with Grumbs and qqv was hilarious too :mrgreen:

Most of the posts on the 1st page was already hidden before he posted that :P
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2012, 11:20:01 pm »
Just for clarification.....is the following statement true?

1h is slower than 2h/poles if used with a shield. (Assume same char builds)

I'm sure there is information to support either side, and I'd like it if folks would brings those to light.

Offline Haboe

• King
  • Renown: 1090
  • Infamy: 331
  • Born with a shield on my back. Difficult birth.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Haboe
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2012, 12:03:00 am »

I'm sure there is information to support either side, and I'd like it if folks would brings those to light.

As far as i know 1hander is faster if he doesnt raise his shield between attacks, though a 2hander can land an attack faster after a block (since there is not the animation of the shield raise/ lower)

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2012, 01:02:56 am »

Having a shield doesn't change your swing speed in any way.

Same speed weapons with the same build will finish their animation at the same exact time regardless of weapon type. That being said there are differences in animations.

Let's say there are 2 people facing each other. They each have the same build. One of them has a 94 speed 1-hander and the other has a 94 speed 2-hander. If they both swing at the same exact time, the 2-hander will connect first due to differences in animation. But if they both swung without hitting anything, both swings would end at the same exact time.

In regular combat though, that fact is kind of irrelevant anyway. The 2 most important factors are the initial weapon speed and footwork.