Author Topic: Horses - how to improve difficulty  (Read 25012 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: Horses - how to improve difficulty
« Reply #75 on: July 01, 2012, 09:12:21 pm »
+1
Riders take fall dmg is so stupid. They're dead anyhow when their horse dies because every melee whore will rush around you and gangbang you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 01, 2012, 09:24:08 pm »
Riders take fall dmg is so stupid. They're dead anyhow when their horse dies because every melee whore will rush around you and gangbang you.

The horse takes a lot of the damage now.

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2012, 09:32:36 pm »
+6
The only thing I have to say is that in the end the only classes that are going to be playable will be ranged (xbow+bow) throwing is shit and a lot of 2h spam kuyak heroes.

you nerfed  polearms A LOT and now you will tear down lancers aswell, while you let untouched the most abuzive class,2h, and please little 2h bitches don`t  - my posts just because I`m telling the truth,most of you whined because turning speed got nerfed because you couldn`t abuze the 180 lolstab and top the scoreboards,we all know that if NEVER 2h class gets the nerfs that it deserves most of you will GTX or respec into something else.

Fucking QQers.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 09:52:29 pm by Lord_Panos »
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2012, 09:36:37 pm »
The only thing I have to say is that in the end the only classes that are going to be playable will be ranged (xbow+bow) throwing is shit and a lot of 2h spam kuyak heroes.

you nerfed A LOT polearms and now you will tear down lancers aswell, while you let untouched the most abuzive class,2h, and please little 2h bitches don`t  - my posts just because I`m telling the truth,most of you whined because turning speed got nerfed because you couldn`t abuze the 180 lolstab and top the scoreboards,we all know that if NEVER 2h class gets the nerfs that it deserves most of you will GTX or respec into something else.

Fucking QQers.

bla bla bla,

but yes, greate swords need, rework
but not here wrong Subject beer panbaba

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2012, 09:38:11 pm »

you nerfed A LOT polearms and now you will tear down lancers aswell, while you let untouched the most abuzive class,2h, and please little 2h bitches don`t  - my posts just because I`m telling the truth,most of you whined because turning speed got nerfed because you couldn`t abuze the 180 lolstab and top the scoreboards,we all know that if NEVER 2h class gets the nerfs that it deserves most of you will GTX or respec into something else.

Fucking QQers.
Stop QQ-ing Panos.

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2012, 09:39:53 pm »
Stop QQ-ing Panos.

coming from a dude who  respeced to 1h as soon as the turn speed nerf came,is a bit dumb  :wink:
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2012, 09:42:02 pm »
coming from a dude who  respeced to 1h as soon as the turn speed nerf came,is a bit dumb  :wink:
I retired from 2h as soon as I hit 31. By the time the turn speed nerf arrived I was already well on my way towards 31 as a 1h.  :wink:

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2012, 09:44:38 pm »

Fucking QQers.

QFT

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 96
  • Infamy: 721
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2012, 09:46:34 pm »
This game has one of the better horse riding model. Riding isn't the problem, it should be easy, just like walking is. You should bring back old lance angle because that's what made the difference between bad, good and great cavalry players. For 1h cav and 2h cav there's already bump slash to differentiate between good and bad players. Horse archery is the most challenging cavalry class, horse xbow is stupid, unrealistic and should be removed as an option from cRPG and any other game that tries to simulate medieval battles.

If you're asking about cRPG, to improve difficulty you should do what I've already suggested:
- bring back old lance angle
- lower damage horse bumps deal (or buff bump damage but you have to implement fall damage in that case)
- fixed position for couched lance (no moving left and right, over the horse head and such bullshit)

If you're searching for great idea for your new game, I'm afraid I can't help you because more advanced riding model requires new controller. I mean, you can try something like in Two Worlds II but that pissed off most people.

Better physics always helps, not just horse movement but also human movement model which is lulz in Warband.

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2012, 09:48:33 pm »
the horse movement in M&B 2 looks really nice...
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

Offline Teeth

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2012, 09:49:31 pm »
Riding isn't the problem, it should be easy, just like walking is.
You lost me here. Why should riding be easy like walking? Riding is not easy.

the horse movement in M&B 2 looks really nice...
Wait what? Gimme link!

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2012, 09:51:28 pm »
Add a chance to get knocked off your horse.  'The Deluge' had this feature and it always seemed to make Cavalry seem less like butt pirates and more like a tactical advantage if your team used them correctly.

Also, don't make the horse ride faster based on your riding skill, that's like your automatic car accelerating and moving faster because you know how to drive a stick.

And finally, I think there's generally more than just "WALK" "LIGHT RUN" and "FULL GALLOP" in terms of horse gaits, and they all have separate uses.  Make turning extremely difficult at full gallop so the horse can't corner a 90 degree turn faster than a human can move out of the way if he's aware.  Make the only speed value that allows the horse to be capable of turning efficiently a light run or a jog paced gait so that they actually have to slow down to corner that wall without running face first into it.

Also, if at all possible make horse bumping on a common horse (Steppe, Desert, Rouncey, etc) extremely difficult, as a horse is a living creature and not a motorcycle with a plow in the front designated to kill all humans, they have a tendency to turn away from people unless they've been trained for nothing but charging into groups of enemies.

I do however support the suggestion that the Riding skill should be used to decrease a delay in the response of movement keys for horses, and maybe increase the ability to turn with each point put into riding.  Just please don't make the horse run faster because the rider has 8 riding.

Remove the insane blocking area you get from horseback. Arrows to horse's face being sucked up by the shield of the rider, and pikes to the horse's body sucked up by the rider's shield/down block is getting very old. :|

I have no issues with cav except for that one right there, which is just completely broken.

Also this ^

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2012, 09:51:57 pm »
+1
Panos i remember you talking shit abbout GK,lobbying for cav nerf,calling them names and now when you are cav,noob lancer you defend it... :rolleyes:
You said cav is OP.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2012, 09:53:19 pm »
+4
Add in this:

Random chance that an archers bow string breaks during the round, say...5% Then he/she has to switch to melee weapon. 

Oops, wrong thread.

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2012, 09:56:19 pm »

- fixed position for couched lance (no moving left and right, over the horse head and such bullshit)

Moving a pole with your armpit for support is a lot easier than realying only on you wrist strenght.

Leshma what's up with all the bad suggestions lately?