Author Topic: Facts and myths about Lancer cav  (Read 12218 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: Facts and myths about Lancer cav
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 04:55:45 pm »
You suck at lancer cav too, maybe getting a few unaware peasant kills but that's it  :wink:

Nah! I get GK noobs and i raped Oberyn countless of times and others as well. It depends on how much i derp or not.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 05:53:37 pm »
^ delusional

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 06:05:16 pm »
^ At this point I think everyone has raped everyone in this mod :mrgreen:
(click to show/hide)

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2012, 06:54:44 pm »
^ delusional

Not! You just mad cuz i killed you more times than you got me.

^ At this point I think everyone has raped everyone in this mod :mrgreen:
(click to show/hide)

Screen or fake.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2012, 07:19:10 pm »
I agree that polearms should really, really hurt horses, and I think cav lances should really, really hurt players.  But I would like to see more hybrids.  A polearm user should be able to kill a horse then switch weapons to take on the rider, and the rider should switch weapons too to fight the infantry (or other cav if they're riding side by side).

As infantry I have no problem when lancer cav one hit kills me when I don't see them.  2 handers do that to me all the time too.  You just gotta be aware, which is not easy when you're fighting some other melee-ers.  It's as irritating as hell when you're backing up trying to get from in between the two enemy inf and suddenly you hear the hooves and 'bang', you're dead.  Mind you its mighty gratifying when you're fighting two enemy inf and you see your cav running up and 'bang', kills one of the enemy and knocks the other over.

Great post, I've never thought cav was OP, just that peasants are UP, and that when people are smart and work together enemy cav isn't much of a threat at all.  But how many times do people work together?

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 07:43:19 pm »
am i in your list of throwers to avoid?  :twisted:

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 08:23:25 pm »
Lancer is an easy class, but it costs more, alot more, and is also very frustrating at times. It balances out imo.

Because upkeep totally matters past the first week of playing right? Implying playing Melee isn't frustrating sometimes either.

Offline ThePoopy

• Earl
  • Renown: 411
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • .l..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: PolePoop
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 09:06:00 pm »
+2
cav sucks, the problem is same as with ranged, they can't won't kill eachother untill they really have to cus it's to big risk.
this leads to both rapin infantry every round and that's why everybody hates you guys :P

- increase lance radius so good cav can kill bad cav without risk
- increase lance speed (or just decrease sweetspot somehow) it's way to easy to hit targets with this 1 sec long attack (this goes for all wepons tho)

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2012, 09:15:13 pm »
yeah can you believe that! you have problems with reading or something ? just curious
i dont need to read anything. I know you biching like ur class is so hard and shit,but lance cav is easiest class in game right after piker.
You whole clan sux at fighting on ground and blocking so you all made clan of cav,and horse archers.
I was lancer for 3 generations and it is easiest class to get kills.
Get champion arabian warhorse,and mw lance and own everyone.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2012, 09:22:42 pm »
+2
cav sucks, the problem is same as with ranged, they can't won't kill eachother untill they really have to cus it's to big risk.
this leads to both rapin infantry every round and that's why everybody hates you guys :P

- increase lance radius so good cav can kill bad cav without risk
- increase lance speed (or just decrease sweetspot somehow) it's way to easy to hit targets with this 1 sec long attack (this goes for all wepons tho)

The problem is infs are kids who play for fun rather than victory, and then complain here about th other classes. We'll kill each other so long as you infs play smart and hold, untill the cavs are down.

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • Renown: 486
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAOv_H-hh0&hd=1
  • Faction: kings of kd
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2012, 09:30:46 pm »

In fact lancer is weak class, which has low chances to kill aware opponent. That’s why hunting down unaware targets, which are close to no threat for you, perfectly makes sense here. Because of horse speed, we can choose our next target, leave harder ones and attack easiest. The “problem” is, when we kill easiest targets (make plenty of kills that way), infantry see cav topping scoreboard and starts to cry how OP cav is. You really shouldn’t judge class strength this way. If cav kills almost all peasants every round, it gives them few kills more in stats, and same time takes those easy kills from others.

Seriously, we need something better than just "kills" statistics to determine who is helping their team the most.

Killing the enemy team's all-star best player gives the same statistical reward as stabbing an afk torch-wielding nake.

The best system would display MANY more stats!  Damage dealt, kills, dehorsings.  A combination thereof (arbitrary points) would be best for ranking, and as a kicker it should be weighted to reward more points for dealing damage/killing/dehorsing higher value targets.

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2012, 10:13:58 pm »
+2
I see where OP's coming from. Cav needs a nerf!

Should probably make the riders take 50% fall damage every time they dismount. Insta-kill when they're dehorsed, of mother fucking course. Also, it'd be nice to see all polearms do an extra 5 fire damage when hitting horses, with an addition 3 fire damage taken every 2 seconds as the horse rides away until both horse and rider are engulfed in flame. And, if the horse doesn't die in 10 seconds, then the rider's team automatically loses the round.

This would force cav to dismount and hack down their burning horses. Pretty good idea imo.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Renegat

• Baron
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2012, 12:13:48 am »
+12
After having reading your post, i feel like being a lancer is very difficult, you risk your life against every class but peasants, you can be one shot by mw arbalest + mw bolts if you don't wear heavy armor, your horse can die after having being shot only 4-5 times into body by bows +3 and arrows +3, and 2-3 times by arbalest (full loomed aswell), and so on ...
That's how you sum up a "lancer life", only "downsides" (that you exaggerate a lot imo).

Your resume is just biaised since you didn't speak about advantages lancers have towards infantry.

- You can 1 shot almost everything with couching. And no couching is not as risky as you describe it, why? As a 1 hander, my only option against lancers is to sidewalk on the right and do a left swing. How to counter that as a couchwhore lancer? Go a bit on your left before the impact. Many cav do that everytime, so it's impossible to kill them for a 1h. And please don't say me that i just have to sidewalk on the other side, even if i do it while the lancer is going on the left, his lance would hit my right arm.

- You 1 or 2 shot everything at high speed (i've 6 if, +3 katafraktoi armor, 57 head armor, and i often get one shot by lancers).

- Even after having losing your horse, you can fight in melee with decent weapons and no lack of wpf (unlike archers and crossbowmen who can only fight with shit weap but mace and have rarely more than 80 wpf in 2h)

- Again about fighting a shielder, you can bump/lance them easily, something you forgot to mention.

- You compared inf (who backstab and gang alot in your opinion) with cav who are actually doing the same. Fallacious argument again, how dare you putting cav and infantry on the same line when you know that cav can come from every sides and that you can hardly see them coming  when you're fighting due to their speed.

- You are complaining because your horse can "only" handle 4 or 5 shot into body by full loomed archer's gears? Why didn't you give us stats with non loomed archer/crossbowmen gears instead? It would be much more relevant since the majority of ranged do not have full loomed weapons ;) bad faith again, at least try to be more objective next time you write such a long text.

- You take a lot of risks each time you try to kill someone who's not a peasant? Isn't that the case for every class? If you wanted to do a comparison between inf and cav, it would have been more relevant to do it here. Is it more difficult to kill a 1h (for exemple) as a lancer or as a poleaxe-user? Here is a good comparison ;)

There is certainly more to say, but i think it's already enough.
Oh, and i don't think moving this topic into the Beginners Help and Guides is a good idea. He's explaining how to get kills as a lancer, not how to be usefull as a lancer, if newbies followed such advices, they would just attack peasants and avoid everything else. In other words, they would be merely useless.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1180
  • Infamy: 2072
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2012, 12:59:59 am »
+1
good read, pretty spot on

Two-handed swordmen part isn't true and you know it. How many times you and Kerrigan killed aware twohander? I see you killing them all the time.

Offline Trikipum

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 01:59:36 am »
Two-handed swordmen part isn't true and you know it. How many times you and Kerrigan killed aware twohander? I see you killing them all the time.
leshma, you know that what he says is true. Take 2 similar skilled players. One with 2h and 1 with horse and lance. You know, as any other experience player knows, that the ground 2h player will have an edge over the riding guy and probably will win most of the duels. I just dont get why you guys bitch so much about horses. Only a bunch of riders are good enough in the whole game to fight an aware 2h player, specially hard if that guy has a 120+ weapon. And this doesnt mean the rider will win always, no, just that he will kill the ground player "sometimes". So what is the point here?. I just dont get it. Even with my 103 1h sword i kill plenty of riders, both lancers and 1hs when im on foot.
"if you can't handle waiting a few minutes now and then, this game is not for you"