Poll

Remove the weeabo hollywood ninja gear and replace it with realistic Japanese gear

Aye
22 (46.8%)
Naw
21 (44.7%)
Mibbe
4 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author Topic: A change of Scene, a change of Style  (Read 4212 times)

Offline Ujio

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: A change of Scene, a change of Style
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2012, 07:51:07 pm »
Sorry for the late reply.

I completely agree that the random hate for Japan(especially Japan) is ridiculous. But that's just a current cultural phenomenon just as much as weaboo-ism.

On the other hand though, I think there are more pressing areas other than Japan that should be addressed aswell. Areas like India, for example, of which we have no gear from and China, which seems to be getting some attention right now. People in general seem to be more positive toward those areas aswell. Lot of Japanophobes are actually wanting the chinese stuff added, which is great! Now some Indian stuff and some more saracen stuff(from beer thread) and maybe some even more exotic stuff and this mod will be truly interesting.

Totally agree there, it's nice to see Chinese and Saracen gear getting some attention. In fact any gear that isn't the usual European stuff makes a welcome change.

But, my point still stands. Ninjas, even though we're not historically accurate, we're actually dressed like what a 70s ninja would look like if he ever had to fight on a battlefield during the medieval era and have a uniform.

That's a pretty big "if"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"By protecting Men, you save yourself."

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2012, 02:16:22 am »
Whats a hollywood Ninja? Have you ever seen a Ninja? How do you know they didnt dress all in black?

Anyways real Ninja players would disguise themselves in Farmers cloths and what not.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2012, 02:44:49 am »
+1
First of all: I have a hard time believing ninjas fought on battlefields, seeing as their very existence was something you didn't speak about(since Japs are bound by honour and whatnot and the very notion of "ninja" collides with this fact). Yet, warlords of feudal Japan would of course make use of their services more often than not but naturally again, not stuff you talked about.

So with all that said, remove the ninja hood. Ninjas can still pretend they're some generic japanese assassin and we get easier kills(well, if that's even possible seeing as they usually have extreme AGI builds).

Assassins can stay in the shadows and backstab in a different game, on the battlefield is where men belong.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2012, 02:54:30 am »
I dont get why you wanna replace anything, suggest adding new stuff
if you want and let the people use their style if they want so.

(click to show/hide)
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Ninja_Khorin

• King
  • Renown: 1067
  • Infamy: 90
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Zen
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan Ninja
  • Game nicks: Khorin/Keyoke/Lujan
  • IRC nick: Khorin
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2012, 04:39:01 am »
That's a pretty big "if"

Yeah, well. Watching 16th century knights fighting 14th century mongols and 11th century vikings fight 19th century Zulu and 13th century arabs fight 10 000 B.C. cavemen kinda desensetizes you to historical accuracy.

And frankly, the whole notion of making people conform to historical accuracy is a retarded notion, as it would disqualify at least three quarters of the player base and would really break the whole "make your own character" aspect of cRPG. The only difference to native would be levelling and the battlefield would look incredibly dull. Watching Leshma the Staffmistress fight RandomDude the HeavyKnight is fun. I always wondered about the people who look at cRPG and think "Oh look, a mod that has character customization and levelling! I think I'll go and make a Swadian Man-At-Arms or Sarranid Cavalryman!"

Or do people really like levelling that much?

But I guess you people are too caught up in your outrage about the colour of ones gear than having fun fighting him.