Author Topic: Shogun 2 Thread  (Read 5477 times)

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
Re: Shogun 2 Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 06:40:30 pm »
hmm, pretty strange since we're both from the uk aswell, how is everyone enjoying the game so far then...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SirCymro_Crusader

• King
  • Renown: 1095
  • Infamy: 134
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 08:02:39 pm »
hmm, pretty strange since we're both from the uk aswell, how is everyone enjoying the game so far then...

Great game sometimes a bit laggy, 8 1/2 hour download lol but its good game, MP has improved a lot, SP is not great but not bad either

Lets hope for Rome 2!

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 08:49:28 pm »
i was actually looking foward to single player, i don't really play total war games for multiplayer, of course i enjoy the battles, but i do enjoy the strategic map alot more... :D
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 09:15:41 pm »
The MP is 10 times better than the SP (the SP units are basically all the same)

Offline Daergar

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daergar_the_Tank
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2011, 10:04:10 pm »
The MP was fun, as much as I bothered to play. Thirteen matches, thirteen wins, some of them very close. Which means there are some really crappy players out there for a TW-mp noob like me to beat them. Hell, even I tried to pause now and then.

However, wow, the hosting system and match finding is just horrid, has been for me at least. I realize they were overwhelmed by the interest in MP (way to plan ahead) but there are some glaring balance and bug issues that need quick fixing, but they drag their feet. A pity.

And SP is great fun with the usual range of mods, Darth's is a good fit for me at the moment.

Offline Immolarian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Immolarious
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2011, 10:34:09 pm »
Got my download in yesterday, this is my first total war game so I started with playing the tutorial. Seems to be pretty fun. For some reason I can't get the lan function to work tho.  :(

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2011, 10:49:43 pm »
I dont really enjoy it. There is near to no unit variety. That makes the game so much less interesting than the others. Faction choice was always based on their unit roster, now I clicked the one with a pretty banner. One campaign and I'm done with it, glad I borrowed it from a friend

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 11:41:06 pm »
I dont really enjoy it. There is near to no unit variety. That makes the game so much less interesting than the others. Faction choice was always based on their unit roster, now I clicked the one with a pretty banner. One campaign and I'm done with it, glad I borrowed it from a friend

Agreed thats the big downfall

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2011, 11:53:23 pm »
Played Shogun 2 for a few sessions over a couple of days and haven't played it since, have far more fun playing mods for M2TW still. Not enough variety for me where units and factions are concerned, I also couldn't care less about the new diplomacy and AI when I find the battles boring as hell after playing a little while. Better AI or mechanics to make the game harder don't mean shit to me when the battles begin to bore me.

Plus, Dominion of The Sword is being released for M2TW Kingdoms soon and it looks so far as if it will be the best mod ever made for a TW game, very epic and I doubt I will look at Shogun 2 for a very long time whilst I'm playing every faction possible on DoTS lol.

Go here to check it out if you're a fan of M2TW mods and haven't heard of it yet. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=492

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 05:01:58 pm »
Ill have to check out that DoTS.

The Third Age mod for M2TW was another extremely good mod

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 01:51:24 am »
Darth mod makes everything better?
Just a soldier

Offline Erika_Furudo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 05:46:21 pm »
Darth mod makes everything better?
I don't find it that intresting. Most things it does aren't that great. And the removal of the Horo was a bad idea.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 06:42:50 pm »
Ill have to check out that DoTS.

The Third Age mod for M2TW was another extremely good mod

Yeah Third Age is a pretty good mod, though I got bored of it after a while, evil armies aren't really that exciting to fight or play after a few campaigns lol. Broken Crescent is a mod I still play though, excellent mod, Stainless Steel is fairly good too. But from everything I have seen and read I am confident enough to say that DoTS will be the best I've ever played. Of course others aren't going to agree with me but opinions are opinions.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 07:16:04 pm »
Am I alone having the impression that Shogun 2 is (with max quality) less technically beautifull than Empire and Napoleon ? Of course, there are more units on the ground and I don't really care about graphics, as long as it's playable, but it's intriguing.

I started a Shimazu campaign and found it easy, as others said the AI seems to struggle with many armies and does not protect it's borders. You just have to defeat stacks one at a time. But this is on medium difficulty so I can't really say about the real game. All in all, the details make this game cool. Clans, agents and the province building mechanics are really well done.

Battles were easy since the AI seems to favor Ashigeru, and those peasants tend to flee like chicken.

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 07:52:42 pm »
Shogun 2 is a lot more techinically 'beautiful' as you put it than past games, a lot of thought has gone into terrain, the graphics are better for me i saw Napoleon as...catroony because a man flying bacwards 10 feet after getting shot by a cannon ball wouldnt have happened the cannon ball would have gone through them not flown them back, but yeah thats my opinion on it